Is this worth it???

Reyzleon

Gil
I wanna download this game into my PSP but i only have enough space for 1 final fantasy game i wanna try for the first time, and im stuck between FF 7 and 8! I think FF7 sounds overrated and really hypped up and the graphics turn me off, but id give it a shot if its convincing but i wanna try out FF8, i hear that it has a lot of gameplay problems and its terrible from people so it makes me think which should i get????

I say try Final Fantasy 8 first. Its incredibly fun, looks pretty good and has some great characters. But, the PSN Final Fantasy 8 has problems. It will crash randomly (rarely, except when casting "Scan".) when you use magic, or draw-cast magic. It will even crash randomly when using cards or scrolling through the magic selection screen.

I don't think there are problems with the PSN FF7, so if you don't want random rare crashing, then you should probably get FF7 xD

Thanks for ur imput man, i think ill try 8, btw when they say disc 1 2 and 3 what does that mean?

Final Fantasy VIII is a 4-Disc game.

I get the feeling that you're playing on a hacked PSP, and we can't offer any assistance in that sort of business since it's against the rules. If that is the case, you may want to inquire in a different community.

Believe me i didnt hack my PSP i purchased the game from the Playstation store, i never played a final fantasy game in my life, its that when people say Discs i wonder what they mean

Final Fantasy 8 has 4 discs. If you purchased the PSN download, you will have all the discs with you.

When you beat one disc and a screen comes up requesting a disc change, press "START" and then "Change Disc" and then select the next disc you need to play on. If you just beat Disc 1, select "Disc 2" and "Disc 3" if you beat "Disc 2" and so on.

I remember that mine automatically changed to the next disc by itself but if it doesn't, the above is how you change discs :)

Well, you seem to like Squall. He seems to be in your avatar/ icon. So why not try 8 ?
8 is better if you love romance like stories. 7 would be better if you like something more action like and guessing the romance, instead of it making it obvious.
But yeah, if you already have a small interest in FF8 why not give it a go ?

Believe me i didnt hack my PSP i purchased the game from the Playstation store, i never played a final fantasy game in my life, its that when people say Discs i wonder what they mean

its not like we're the police, don't have a heart attack. I'm not accusing your of anything either :wacky:

It's just some friendly advice.

You haven't played a Final Fantasy in your life?????!!! How's that been???

I'd say play FFVII, but that's my opinion. Either one is a good choice, their both pretty long, and has great music.

Well seeing your avatar is Squall, yeah I'll say try FF8. Its better to me and what got me started into FF actually.

FF8 isn't the best Final Fantasy game in my opinion, but despite what you may hear about it, it's a great and fun game.

I'm guessing that the thing that turns most people off is the battle system. Your enemy's level is the average of your party's level, so leveling up isn't really useful. Whay really makes you stronger is junctioning magic to stats. That's another thing that turns people off. You have to grind for spells off of enemies. Once you get the hang of battle though, it will definitely be worth your time. The story and characters are great too.

It really just depends on who you are. Some people love FF8 to death, and some can't stand it.

FF8 is way better than FF7 imo.

The graphics are better, the story is better, the only thing that could have been better are the characters and even they are pretty well done. The battle system is much more better, but has a bit of a learning curve, and like any system can be manipulated to be broke if you spend enough time at it.

But in all seriousness, FF8 would be the best to play first.

It is all down on personal preference, they are similar in terms of technology within their timespan. FF8 is a very romance heavy story, far more heavier than FF7. 8 has a far more interesting battle system with the way you use GF's and the overall junction system.

The story is very good (like 7's more) and the graphics are better, I love both but 7 pips it :)

FFVIII. You already have somewhat of an interest. Plus, I love the story. The characters are great, I really like the Junction System (though it can be confusing), and the music is phenomenal. Please try it. I have a feeling you'll love it!

Back