Is Axel Gay?

Is axel gay?

• Yes he's in love with Roxas (Sora)

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • No he just cares for his best friend.

Votes: 54 69.2%

• Total voters
I get the whole friend thing with Axel and Roxas but maybe Axel is getting a bit too... you know... I don't think that SE would make a homosexual character, I mean really. However since Walt Disney is dead, there could be a crazy guy who insists a gay character and he probably said something to SE staff or something... For some wild reason. Okay, I think I'm getting a bit carried away :wacky:

No. I don't think Square-Enix and Disney are going to involve homosexuality into a game that is meant for late childhood and early teens.

I know Square made a stab at it in FFVII with Cloud and the Don Juan, but the Disney side of it makes that hard to believe it was going to make Axel like the penis.

I thought he cared a little TOO much for Roxas... I don't know what it was, but he just screamed gay at me whenever I played it... Maybe I'm reading to far in this because I doubt Disney would incorporate homosexuality into a Disney game as someone mentioned but.. I don't know.. I'm just not sure about him still..

Hmm, When I saw the thread, I got the Idea. When I looked back at my copy of KHII, I got the idea that axel was as fruity as a strawberry. Then again, I voted because I have slight Axel angst.

If you play through KH2 again you might see subliminal message depicting what Axel feels towards Roxas.

In other words, yeah he's gay IMO. Its just kinda hard to believe Disney wouldn't cancel it or anything.

I still don't think he's gay. I'm gay, and I have a female friend who I feel the same way about the way Axel feel towards Roxas. That does not make me in love with her. There's nothing wrong with having a close friend no matter the gender.

I'm going to beat this thread with the logic presented to us in the game.

To be "gay," you have to have some romantic feeling toward a member of the same sex - in this case, Axel would need to have romantic feelings for Roxas. Right off, this is blatantly impossible - both of them are Nobodies and do not have hearts and thus cannot feel such emotions towards anyone else.

"He made me feel like I had a heart."

I've quoted this before someone else does. Technicalities can sook me tbh. ;D Feeling in reference to thoughts is clearly different to feeling in terms of emotion.

I'm not saying they are gay, but you can possibly be wrong on the fact that they don't have hearts. All the evidence in final mix's extra scenes point towards the fact that they do have hearts.

Axel: Finally woken up?
Roxas: Axel.
Axel: Nope, maybe you're going to sleep. Soon I won't even be able to talk to
your consciousness like this.
Roxas: I... I'm going back to how I was.
Axel: I've thought about it a lot. Namine said the same thing. Roxas, you have
a heart, don't you? While Namine and I... we don't really have hearts, do
we?
Roxas: I... I don't know either.
Axel: I guess not...
Roxas: But the heart's not something you can see. I've started wondering
whether it's something you can't even feel either... If so, then...
Nah, never mind...
Axel: Hm? What are you getting at?
Roxas: I'm sure Sora'll find the answer. Because he's me.
Axel: Yeah, that's true... This really takes me back. Do you remember? We first
met the day you got your new name. And then we watched the sunset from up
here.
Roxas: Yeah. This is where I came from. Everyone... Hayner, Pence, Olette... I
hope they're okay.
Axel: You should go and see them again, looking for your answer.
Roxas: Yeah... So... I have to go. Sora's waiting for me.
Axel: Yeah, I guess he is... Whoa, this ice-cream really is salty!
Roxas: Goodbye, Axel.

Xigbar: Seems we're getting a lot more empty seats now. I did find Axel's show
entertaining, but still... he just went and died.
Luxord: Maybe he was satisfied. Maybe he got something from putting his life on
the line.
Xigbar: We don't exist! What life is there to put on the line? That goes
against all the rules of gambling.
Luxord: Indeed. Axel put something that didn't exist on the line... and he
probably won - obviously a cheater.
Saix: It doesn't matter. All he got was nothingness. Axel couldn't stand living
without a heart. And he was destroyed by getting close to one. He was
weak.
Xemnas: But... some things awaken through weakness. You can see. Axel touched
Sora's heart. When he was with Sora, perhaps he awakened too.
Axel: Goodbye... partner.

Why bother putting these new scenes in when they state that Axel and roxas have an emotional relationship. Not love but, friendship.

The definition of a Nobody, however, tells us that they don't have hearts. A Nobody is the "empty shell left behind when a heart succumbs to darkness" and it "begins to act with a will of its own."

If they have hearts then they're not Nobodies.

I still don't think he's gay. I'm gay, and I have a female friend who I feel the same way about the way Axel feel towards Roxas. That does not make me in love with her. There's nothing wrong with having a close friend no matter the gender.
y'know thats actually logical:wacky: and i agree with you:gasp:
Firstly, axel isnt gay
Secondly, its homophobic to think that everyone gay guy is in love with every man, or in this case with roxas.
Thirdly, loving another person of the same gender isnt gay, like riku said, its when you have romantic feelings for them.
Look at the way Sora feels about riku, its quite similar to the way axel feels towards roxas, it doesnt make Sora gay does it? NO of course not.
And i lol'd at the person who suggested axel was gay because of the way he dressed, that's got to be one of the stupidest things i've ever read

I know what the definition of a nobody is. Remember in KH1 when Sora lost his heart Well, his affection for Kairi and hers from him brought back from the darkness. Why can this not happen with Roxas and Axel? It's the same principle, just that they are nobodies.

I was watching the videos from Final Mix today and I came across the video where Saix and Xemnas are talking about Sora collecting hearts.

Saix: Still, one thing concerns me.
Xemnas: Axel?
Saix: That compassionate fool. He continues to follow the illusion of a friendship that he cannot feel.

How much more obvious can it get? :wacky:

Personally, I think Xemnas knows certain 'secrets' that the other organization members don't. For one thing Xemnas goes down to the room of awakening. Xigbar calls it ''Xemnas' little secret''. In the cutscene where Xemnas says that Axel touched Roxas' heart, maybe he awakened too. I feel that Axel, Roxas and Sora all have something to do with the knights.

You also have to take into account that Nomura likes to surprise us. In KH1 we were given the impression that heartless had no hearts. In KH2 we find out they they do infact have hearts. I wouldn't be surprised if he made out the nobodies do have hearts.

Personally, I think Xemnas knows certain 'secrets' that the other organization members don't. For one thing Xemnas goes down to the room of awakening. Xigbar calls it ''Xemnas' little secret''. In the cutscene where Xemnas says that Axel touched Roxas' heart, maybe he awakened too. I feel that Axel, Roxas and Sora all have something to do with the knights.

You also have to take into account that Nomura likes to surprise us. In KH1 we were given the impression that heartless had no hearts. In KH2 we find out they they do infact have hearts. I wouldn't be surprised if he made out the nobodies do have hearts.
Captive Hearts. It's the hearts they've claimed wherever they ravage.

To make myself slightly less biased in this matter, I'll confess that I watched another video - one from RE: CoM. It was when Axel lets Naminé go free and talks about how he wants Sora to put on a good show - he then winces, as if he's in pain, and clutches where his heart should be. I'm not saying anything for definite but that part of the scene was definitely put in just to get us thinking rly. :wacky:

Strange how every heartless has a captive heart. And I forgot about that scene in Re:Com.

I don't think Axel's gay (I might be biased though, because I'm a bit of an Axel fangirl :P).

I just think that he loves Roxas a lot as a friend, especially since he was his only friend in the world. No one else seems to have any real care for Axel. There's no evidence any of the other organization members like each other, they just stick together for selfish purposes. Axel says this himself when he fades back to darkness, "he [Roxas] was the only one I liked." Roxas made Axel feel like he had a heart so it is really no surprise that Axel sought out that person who made him feel whole. Being a nobody, there wasn't much else to his 'life' except to collect hearts. But what was the point when Roxas already made him feel like he had one of his own.

I don't think it's homosexuality, just a need for friendship and for someone to show that they care about him, since he has probably never had that.

Back