How Long Does It Take You To Make A Signature?

Mitsuki

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Chocobo Egg
Barry the Behemoth
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
I figured since this is also for discussing general graphic work, I'll stick it here. xD

So, as the title of this thread, how long does it take you guys to make your signatures/avatars/wallpapers? It normally takes me 1 to 2 hours to make a signature. =/ And yet it doesn't seem to have that WOW factor, in my opinion. Even when I made my very first signatures, it took me about an hour to do. I really have to do something more about how long I do my sigs. >_< I feel like I'm wasting such valuable time...and yet I just can't help to leave things alone and add a few extra stuff here and there. I wanna be able to make sigs under 30 mins. and still be able to make them look more than decent.

...Or is that even possible?

It usually takes me about 20 minutes, unless I need to find the render, then it might take a bit longer. I haven't tried wallpaper or avatars.

Takes me about an hour. Generally I stop-start though. I don;t bother trying to finish it in one go cuz it does my head in. That's not counting the 5-30 mins time taken to render the stock, if I need to.

My signiture's arn't really that good so it usaslly takes me 10-30 minutes. Probably less.

Even longer when i'm look for just the right render -__-.

My time varies quite a lot. It takes my a long time if I have no idea what I want to with a stock/render I have, but then again if I have inspiration in might take 30 mins to an hour, more so an hour though. I wouldn't be too worried about how long it takes to make anything, especially when it comes to under 30min, just take your time and experiment with different things in different places, colour etc. :neomon:

Yes it definately depends on several key things: the stock/render, sotw/request/personal, mental block/inspired. Typically I never make a sig in one shot since I can get bored and frustrated easily. For requests and less formal things it typically takes 45 min to and hour to complete sigs and maybe 10 minutes for a really cute avatar.

With SOTW's it generally takes 3 hours if I'm really into it and about an hour if I'm not into the theme. Paid work and wallpapers will take me a 5 hours to a day depending on what it is and the amount I am being paid.

I always try to go for one shot since when I do get inspired, I'm really quite into it. There's only been a few sigs (maybe less than five) where it would take me two-four shots to finally finish it. Something longer than that would really annoy me and I would stop doing the sig altogether.

And wow, Random...5 hours?! =O ...That's...crazy. >.>

It depends.If the image it is hard to render I need to spend 2 hours.Otherwise 1 and a half hour.

My latest one took me one hour(image was hard to render)

I dunno maybe 10 to 15 minutes for sigs and 5 mins for avatar.

For me its 30 mins to 1 h, sometimes though I just do it slowly like Eidolon say. The hardest part sometimes is choosing the stock that Im gonna use, so that takes time.

If I'm using a render then it could take 40 minutes until I'm finished and happy with the final result.

Otherwise, it could take me a good hour.

Couple of hours at most. Half an hour at least. I generally spend a great deal of time with signatures. If I can't finish it within the hour, I more than likely call it a day, rest and inspire myself, then continue on. Sig making is an art and it takes time.

I just spent about half an hour on mine while setting up my proflle, though it looks a little clunky to me.

Edit: Wait. That's not right. I was lazy and re-used an LJ icon I made a few weeks ago. That thing probably represents about half an hour's work as well (note to self: start from scratch; it's bally difficult to color match an existing 100x100 icon).

Last edited:
For me, it's anything from 30 minutes to a few hours. And that's for sigs. Sometimes what I do works straight away, as the idea is already highly clear in my head. If I don't have a clear idea, sigs can take longer as they're more reliant on a successful experriment or successful spontanaity.

Wallpapers take a little longer. I'd say 1 hour to several hours. Sometimes they take forever, but I tend to create scenes, and those are actually fairly simple and it's easier to pull an idea off successfully. I find it's easier to fill up a large space if you make the background a scene rather than a regular bg.

I spend anywhere from 15 minutes to hours, sometimes even days(not at one time silly :P). I work until I'm satisfied with what I've done, If I'm satisfied and I think it was a good look, a finished look and it takes 10 minutes, then that's that. If It takes a few hours for it to look good, then so it shall be.

There isn't an exact time for me, I mean, if I have a lot of inspiration, and all the effects kinda just flow in, it won't be long at all. If I am kinda burnt out, but really need a sig, then it will take me a while, from, leaving it alone, to working on it again.

Starting from scratch, at least 45 minutes to about 2 hours, and since I'm still a newbie, I'm not doing any hard stuff yet o_O

I've only made like around 2-3 avatars in the past and they didn't take me more than 10 minutes to make because I didn't put any real effort in them since they're small and details I make don't even show up that well >_<

If I was in rush it usually takes about 7-10 mins but if wasn't it's takes about 15 mins.

Wow, the longest I've ever spent is like...half an hour. :/
I seriously think I have attention problems >.>

Half an hour not including searching for stocks of course.
I can take anywhere up to an hour. But of course with 100% distractions, such as flipping between tabs to check deviantArt & facebook xD

My current sig took me about ... 20 minutes altogether? I tend to rush things.

Wallpapers, up to an hour I think. If there are a lot of pictures, longer because I have to find the pictures xD

Back