Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Yuno Mizuno
FFXIV Server
Lich
Free Company
Silver Lining
here a question for all you gfx artists out there... what do u prefer to use as a focal.. a render or a stock.. i personally prefer a stock cuz i find them easier to find.. and I fail sooo much at making an render (as in cutting it out myself :hmph:) sooo yh what are your answer XD

I prefer to use renders because I can work better with it and add more to it than just adding a few small effects to a stock.

Renders have every advantage. I dont see much advantage to using a stock photo. If you want to make a render a stock just apply the image. I like to add things infront and behind so renders the obvious choice.

Sometimes it just depends on what's available. If I feel like the focus has a background or environment that can mesh well with my style, then I'll usually use it over a render.

I usually have trouble creating my own special effects or creating a good background without something else to work with.

Renders. I love using stocks for effects (Gaussian blur, anyone?!) I think it depends greatly on what the image is, but I think unlike when I first started, I honestly prefer renders now. They give you so much freedom in effects, I sometimes even forget to use stock images anymore for making signatures. :hmmm:

I used to love Stock, I think it's easier to start with. Lightning adjustments, colour adjustments, etc... But the more you get the hang of your graphics program it's so fun to have the freedom of working with a render. So yeah, renders are my preference!

Back