Final Fantasy VIII Remastered - Let's Talk About It!

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi
The Biggest surprise of S-E's E3 event for me, this has been a long time coming and after all the news of the original source code in Limbo this is a triumph!

How far will this go in regards to being a remaster though? Clearly the character models have been redone!

I'm really, really REALLY hoping though that they make this accessible with full screen support, I'd take it cropped, Stretched, just please no more borders!

Also, the other strange thing about this release... this doesn't seem to be just digital! I'm seeing it pop up as a physical release in retailers!:
GAME - https://www.game.co.uk/en/final-fantasy-8-remaster-2397808
BASE - https://www.base.com/buy/product/final-fantasy-viii-remastered-ps4/dgc-ff8ps4.htm

This is one of the strangest incidences I've seen of a Port /Re-release since Grand theft Auto: San Andreas on the PS3 (Which was ported from an iOS version).

One another note, I wonder if they will included the PocketStation content into the game? If I recall, the PC version had it open in a separate window you could play on - Maybe they can integrate a menu to load it up at the Save Menu on the World Map? Curious.

But I have high hopes for this, really excited to see this get proper attention and be available for a new generation!

Last edited:
As i'm super hyped for the FF7 Remake i am also excited for the FF8 Remaster and i never had a chance to finish it towards the end and it will give me another chance and reason to go back and replay the game and finish it!

I saw the trailer and I have to say that this remaster looks extremely good. This remaster for the new generation will definitely be a success and will probably bring newer fans to the Final Fantasy community. The graphics looks outstanding compare to the previous HD Remaster, which is why I think it will sell out quite good do to the numbers of fans that has play this game before. I haven't bought any HD Remaster because I didn't find that much difference from the original and I wasn't that much interested on buying them since I already had the original games. But this new HD Remaster is on another level.

I am thinking on buying this HD Remaster just to play the game once again and enjoy ever moment of it since I don't have the original game anymore. I bet it will be a lot of fun. Are you planning on buying this HD Remaster?

So couple things about the Remaster I'd like to see:

1. Steam Boost options (the Magic Booster starter, for instance. While I personally wouldn't use it, I think that would help new players be a bit more forgiving towards it.

2. Added / secret Guardian Forces. (though not sure how likely it is. Not sure to what extent they're updating the game).

3. A bonus dungeon, maybe? (See above)

4. Instead of a Pocketstation on the PS4... perhaps a mobile app that ties into the game?

4. Instead of a Pocketstation on the PS4... perhaps a mobile app that ties into the game?

Oh! That's a great idea and certainly something Square Enix would be more than capable of implementing.

I missed out on all of the PocketStation stuff so it would be great to experience an updated version of it when they release the Remaster.

Additional Guardian Forces would be a great thing too.

As for the Remaster itself, I would certainly love to play FFVIII again. I've discovered that it is quite a difficult game to take screenshots of as certain scenes haven't aged very well. This Remaster shall fix that problem!

I would like to have an updated translation that's closer to the original Japanese, but that's not going to happen. Also, extra scenes that give everybody in the main party that's not Squall or Rinoa more character time, but that's also not going to happen.

I cannot wait. It has been ages since I played through 8. It was on PSP I last played it so been too long. Hopefully its release date is sooner rather than later.

As long as I can scream 'RENZOKUKEN' at the screen when I activate Squall's Limit Break, then I'm sound as a pound

I'm kinda ick at the decision to use the Dissidia hairstyle for Squall-- like, why do that? Why? Not only does the original hairstyle was a lot better imo, but it also clashes noticeably with his appearance in the CGI cutscenes. But that's just a little nitpick...

Otherwise I'm just happy that it's finally getting a remaster, and I'll take it as it is.

This great news tampered by Android and PS3 (Yeah well, FF7 deal could be the better time to upgrade!) limitations.
Would love physical copy to hold but wonder what they will do with the soundtrack.
Whoever does the best YouTube walkthroughs and intends to stream one when you can, give me a shout please!

I'm kinda ick at the decision to use the Dissidia hairstyle for Squall-- like, why do that? Why? Not only does the original hairstyle was a lot better imo, but it also clashes noticeably with his appearance in the CGI cutscenes. But that's just a little nitpick...

Oh wow, I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out. You’re right, that looks terrible! He looks like Selphy’s brother now. I don’t like that hairstyle at all.

This is good timing because I was in the middle of replaying FFVIII a few months ago so I can stop that and just wait for this Remaster. I wanna see how Triple Triad would be improved in terms of graphics too.

I saw the trailer for the game, and it looks really good!! I have a feeling that the game would do good. Hopefully it would a good amount of new and old fans to the series!

You seen this?!:
Can you imagine Final Fantasy VIII re-done with Voice Acting.... I don't know if I can, especially considering how there are many moments with characterswith internal dialogue... Just very bizzare, yet it could reach out to more appeal, I've noticed many people have got more onboard with Judgment from the creators or Yakuza, than the mainline entries themselves & This new game features English voice overs for the first time...

Ah yes I saw the chance of voice acting being added in the game and that is an amazing FEATURE!! I am already sold on getting the game. I'd love to see what they will do. I bet if this game sells super well, I'd bet they would remake this game! I'm all for it.

Since some people were wondering about it, it has been confirmed that the PocketStation stuff won't be included. Instead they're including an alternative way to access the related spoils through Angelo Search.

Also, it will include some, but likely not all of the Steam boosts, namely the speed up feature, the ability to turn off random encounters, and the ability to fully heal each character each turn and use Limits more often.

My main fear with the voices is that Selphie and Zell could come off being too loud and obnoxious.

Back