Final Fantasy VIII “Coming Soon” to US PlayStation Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
ff8-ps-store-soon.jpg

According to the latest PlayStation Network newsletter, Square Enix’s hit role-playing game Final Fantasy VIII is on its way to the PlayStation Store.

At the bottom of the newsletter, under the “Coming Soon” section, it lists: District 9 (Movie), BUZZ! Quiz World and Final Fantasy VIII.

How soon? Scrawl guesses within this week.

Source: scrawlfx

The timing cannot be any better.

I just happened to find out that disc 2 of my old copy of FFVIII has a huge crack going across it after I dropped it not long ago.

If it's within this week it will make the timing even better for me :ryan:

I hope this means it gets released to the EU store either tomorrow, or next Tuesday, since they're updating it on Tuesday next week.

Since the American store also updates on the Tuesday, perhaps a simultaneous release?

Stevie, you can take a look at this alternate article, because it mentions something of Europe in there.

My original games are still working a-okay and I'm not so bored of my PSP games to buy FFVII or FFVIII a second time to play on the go. But I'm glad to know Square-Enix is bringing some awesome classics to their PSN store.

Now just announce FFIX and XenoGears, please! :gasp:

Where have i heard this before? I sure hope they aren't pulling peoples chains again. Oh yeah the store updates every thursday by the way, If i recall correctly it updates earlier than the US store.

We were promised that it would take "a few week" at the beginning of, October was it? Hopefully this time the source is more reliable than one MIKE KEBBY! A few weeks my rear end :rage:

Cheers for the information, though! I'll be needing this cause my Disk 3 keeps freezing on the Lunar Cry FMV when I play it on the PS2, and my PS1 has had it D=

"Coming Soon" is probably just a way of saying, ASAP. They told us months ago the European release would be "Coming Soon". They've probably waited specifically for December mind just to maximize profit on top of the FFXIII release :)

I hope that means it'll be coming soon to the EU store, as well. I have a working copy and a PS2 to play it on, but I find myself straying to my Wii or 360 if I go upstairs...playing it on a handheld sounds infinitely more appealing. Especially considering my PSP is being sorely neglected right now...

Although it seems that the gaming industry in general likes to neglect Europe for insane periods of time, so I'm not holding my breath..."coming soon" for the US can mean a couple of weeks. For EU...more like a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back