Final Fantasy VII Remake

As for the ratings: correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't VII released when (at the time) Squaresoft was doing badly? I thought they were close to going bankrupt and were saved because of the success of VII? I could totally wrong on this one but meh *shrugs*

I could be wrong but I don't think so. Squaresoft were doing really badly before FF1. Hence the name 'final fantasy' because they pretty much thought it would be the last game they'd make, because they were nearly dead. So I think it's FF1 you're thinking of, not VII.

I could be wrong but I don't think so. Squaresoft were doing really badly before FF1. Hence the name 'final fantasy' because they pretty much thought it would be the last game they'd make, because they were nearly dead. So I think it's FF1 you're thinking of, not VII.

Sure, it had been a good three years since their last FF release, but with the success of Chrono Trigger (1995) I highly doubt the company was in any sort of trouble.

They werent doing badly but in their eyes they were. They wanted to make a game that surpass dragon quest considering at the time those two series were tied.

I'd like to see a remake, but I think I know why they are reluctant to do so. For one, there is the sentiment that one does not remake a masterpiece. The graphics of the game, along with it's fermented age and little flaws, gives the game it's charm. They may simply not want to take the risk of ruining that magic, you see.
Another thing is that they are obviously trying new things. Final Fantasy is evolving, for better or worse, and they don't want to labor too much on past titles. They made remakes for the legacy installments, but those aren't exactly the hardest or time-consuming titles to remake.

I'd rock out with my cock out if they made a FFVI remake on the 3DS. Which brings me to my next point- FFV and FFVI were the holy grails of the legacy titles, having virtually no haters, and yet they stopped the high end remakes at FFIV. It is not a coincidence- they refrained from doing that for the same reason they have refrained from remaking VII.

I'd rock out with my cock out if they made a FFVI remake on the 3DS.

Careful what you ask for. You may get it. XD How many people would actually be fine if 6 was remade for the 3DS with the art style of 4 and 3? The DS ones I mean.

Which brings me to my next point- FFV and FFVI were the holy grails of the legacy titles, having virtually no haters, and yet they stopped the high end remakes at FFIV. It is not a coincidence- they refrained from doing that for the same reason they have refrained from remaking VII.

I don't think a remake of FFV could go wrong even with SE at its current state and even if Toriyama was leading the project.

If that remake FFVII the best they could is make it optimized for widescreen(I REALLY would love this..) The original team from FF7 is long gone though. And I think SE would rather leave their masterpiece the way it is.

But let's say they DO remake it.. I would be upset if they screwed with the materia system.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I read something like they will not remake FFVII until they has sales of another Final Fantasy game that exceeds FFVII. I hope they do, I would love to see what they can do with the graphics and if they do go with voice acting.

I replay FFVII about every 2 years, so yes I will absolutely get it. Also I really hope they don't change anything other than the graphics and possibly use voices, but I am worried some characters get annoying.

In all fairness I would be playing with Cloud, Cid and Tifa, surely we all agree they are awesome characters.

In all fairness I would be playing with Cloud, Cid and Tifa, surely we all agree they are awesome characters.

NO WAY! :D I use Cloud, Tifa, and Cid as my main party too! They are great characters but they're overpowered at around level 30 because with the diamond knuckle, Tifa hits around 3500 points of damage (if you manage to land all her beat rush, summersault, and water kick limits). Cid's pretty boss too because if you do the Wutai subquest right after getting the Tiny Bronco you can get his Dragoon Lance in the Wutai Mountains right after you get Cid, which is pretty OP at the timing.

I would like to see a remake. It's nice when a great game gets another chance to be appreciated. Plus the old graphics aren't all that great (for the present time) and it would be nice to see it by today's standards.

...yes, you can look forward to "FFVII - The Remake" however, it probably won't be release for a while. Definitely not any time soon. Perhaps 4th quarter of '09 or later.
Sooo, how's that working out so far?
Haha in all honesty, I think it'd be great. Just don't touch our plot!

FF VII is one of those games that deserves a remake, possibly also extend a bit the story since it was awesome.
It is a game that I have played several times, and nowadays you have trophies and achievements and I am yet to find a game that I am pleased to finish them, while on FF7 I did everything to be done and no place to record it. It would be amusing to have it!

So I've currently got a copy on my Mac, and it has a few tweaks. The tracks have been replaced by higher quality versions, the occasional remix. The cutscenes– where applicable– are hi-res and in the case of the opening, use footage from the tech demo. The battle and field sprites are still essentially the same, but smoothed out.

Made me realize the only thing I'd really like is an update. The copy I've got now is perfect for me, but if they bothered to remake it I'd only want a bit of a remastered version of what we've already got. If they changed the environments or added voices it would be too much of a weird experience, different from what I'm used to. Not that it'd be bad by any means...

Unless they incorporated as much from the Compilation into it as they could, but it could go horribly wrong as well.

So I've currently got a copy on my Mac, and it has a few tweaks. The tracks have been replaced by higher quality versions, the occasional remix. The cutscenes– where applicable– are hi-res and in the case of the opening, use footage from the tech demo. The battle and field sprites are still essentially the same, but smoothed out.

Made me realize the only thing I'd really like is an update. The copy I've got now is perfect for me, but if they bothered to remake it I'd only want a bit of a remastered version of what we've already got. If they changed the environments or added voices it would be too much of a weird experience, different from what I'm used to. Not that it'd be bad by any means...

Unless they incorporated as much from the Compilation into it as they could, but it could go horribly wrong as well.

Wait what? How? Where exactly did you get Final Fantasy VII on Mac? I wasn't aware it existed. Could you share from where you got it. I would love to play FF7 on Mac.

Back