Final Fantasy VII Remake

For the record, I never played the original version of Final Fantasy VII, but I did watch Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

Then why are you posting in here? And wtf is with everyone watching Advent Children first? o_O Seriously, you don't start out on sequels.

I do not think the plot will be changed if Final Fantasy VII is remade.

And how would you know if you haven't even played VII? They already introduced things in Before Crisis and Crisis Core that will require them to change VII if they want things to stay consistent.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII hints the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII remake. The remake may have an orchestrated soundtrack with some Black Mages arrangements. The orchestra conductor would be Kazuhiko Toyama, who conducted for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. The orchestral arrangements would be recorded by the same studio that recorded for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.

But you're not Square Enix now, are you?

For the record, I never played the original version of Final Fantasy VII, but I did watch Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.
Then go out and play it before joining in discussion about it, otherwise you will get raped like a muddafukka.

I do not think the plot will be changed if Final Fantasy VII is remade.
You can't really comment about that, seeing as you've never played the original in the first place, you don't know the story.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII hints the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII remake.
No it doesn't. The ending is merely a hint to people like you that there is infact an original Final Fantasy VII to play.:P So go play it now fool....

The remake may have an orchestrated soundtrack with some Black Mages arrangements.
As much as I like The Black Mages they can actually fuck off from this. I want the original music, not some tarted up bollocks to give it a more mature mood, as it surely will be if a remake ever happens.

People are worried that the remake will ruin the originality? Dunno, I think the Compilation already did that.

The compilation just made people look down at anything FFVII related, it was pure shit granted but at least it was all different. A remake is something that is without any originality whatsoever since it'll be pretty much exactly the same as something before it.

A remake is something that is without any originality whatsoever since it'll be pretty much exactly the same as something before it.
Do you really think they wouldn't try to fill all those gaps in the story? add all the bits of story that all the spin offs made? Tune up the battle system? Add bits to 'improve' gameplay? Change the soundtrack to perhaps modernise it? Would the hell do nothing origonal. If the were in the way of doing that none of the FFVII spin offs would never have been made

As much as I like The Black Mages they can actually fuck off from this. I want the original music, not some tarted up bollocks to give it a more mature mood, as it surely will be if a remake ever happens.

Agreed. I don't want rock music in my Final Fantasys, it was bad enough having Otherworld in X. Just a tuned up soundtrack, maybe orchestrated, would be fine.

The compilation just made people look down at anything FFVII related, it was pure shit granted but at least it was all different. A remake is something that is without any originality whatsoever since it'll be pretty much exactly the same as something before it.

Correction: just made people who aren't fanboys look down at anything VII related. The remake will obviously have originality, since they're going to have to tweak it if they want the prequels to make sense and not go against canon. Plus, like Dazz said, they're sure to change the gameplay too (I just hope to god they leave in random encounters and don't make it that crap system XII had, or even worse, action). I wonder if they'd take away the over world map too...I hope not, it was fun coasting around in Cid's plane.

*just thought of something*

I wonder what they could do with that submarine battle...and searching for the Gelnika and Emerald WEAPON...I think I just made myself slightly interested in seeing a remake.

Do you really think they wouldn't try to fill all those gaps in the story? add all the bits of story that all the spin offs made? Tune up the battle system? Add bits to 'improve' gameplay? Change the soundtrack to perhaps modernise it? Would the hell do nothing origonal. If the were in the way of doing that none of the FFVII spin offs would never have been made

You really should work on your writing Dazz, I couldn't even understand those last two sentences.

I'm really not sure if I want one.

In one side, yes, I'll love to see one of the my two FF games with the PS3 graphics because I'm sure that it will be great, if I can judge but the redone opening and seeing the complete game like that wouldn't be bad.

But in the other part, I think that they are abusing of the great response they had with the FF7 franquise, I mean to much of something good can be too much.

Who am I kidding? If that games come up I'll but it and then I'll steal the PS3 from a friend since I still don't have one...kukuku

Then why are you posting in here? And wtf is with everyone watching Advent Children first? o_O Seriously, you don't start out on sequels.

And how would you know if you haven't even played VII? They already introduced things in Before Crisis and Crisis Core that will require them to change VII if they want things to stay consistent.

But you're not Square Enix now, are you?

I am not Square Enix, that is just a possibility that it would happen. I did not get a chance to play the original Final Fantasy VII. I heard about the plot, gameplay engine, and characters of the game. The plot might be changed a little in order to correct the continuity errors between the two prequels and Final Fantasy VII.

I am not Square Enix, that is just a possibility that it would happen. I did not get a chance to play the original Final Fantasy VII. I heard about the plot, gameplay engine, and characters of the game. The plot might be changed a little in order to correct the continuity errors between the two prequels and Final Fantasy VII.

Well then don't state your opinions on possibilities like "it WOULD have this and it WOULD have that", it's annoying. You make it sound like fact rather than speculation.

Secondly, the fact that you've heard secondhand the plot of VII and haven't played the game makes your opinion on the subject invalid. I suggest looking for the game on eBay, or a local gamestore if you have any that sell PSone games. And just to warn you, you won't find any that are much cheaper than $70. If you do, you're lucky.

Third, we have already stated that the plot would require changing to stay consistent with the prequels. You're only stating the obvious that has already been said.

Do you really think they wouldn't try to fill all those gaps in the story? add all the bits of story that all the spin offs made? Tune up the battle system? Add bits to 'improve' gameplay? Change the soundtrack to perhaps modernise it?

They can be considered tweaks, not completely new elements at best. Of course they'll be new things here and there but the majority of how any remake works will be the same as the previous game.

Yes and No.
I would like to see it remade so that the graphics are a lot better and also to add voice acting, however, I wouldn't want them to change anything apart from that because that is what made VII so great.
Either way I would rather see and play XIII over a VII remake.

A remake would be sweet. Dialogue could stay the same basically, but be expanded in parts where it would benefit the game to have more conversation and stuff like that. S-E could extend certain parts of the game that would've been fun to see more of (Gongaga Reactor, Costa Del Sol, etc.).

However, it would be (as many other people have said) unwise to change the overall plot and flow of the game just because it's a remake. Basically, just keep the foundation of the game the same and make some tweaks to improve gameplay, and it would be golden.

Plus, I love the voice actor for Cloud. Mmm. :]

You know part of the greatness of this was that parts of the storyline were incomplete. This is why there has been so much discussion spawned about 7's storyline. Ideas that people have had about why thats there or whats the explanation for that. All the answers are there for the other game so less speculation has come of them.

You know part of the greatness of this was that parts of the storyline were incomplete. This is why there has been so much discussion spawned about 7's storyline. Ideas that people have had about why thats there or whats the explanation for that. All the answers are there for the other game so less speculation has come of them.

Lordy, Dazz made a good post? I'm in shock xD

I'd have to agree. One thing that sorely disappointed me about AC is that, well, everyone was alive. It did away with that whole debate/theory that Holy and the lifestream had wiped humans off the planet. Getting rid of speculations and theories isn't always the best thing to do, it takes the fun out of things. If VII was remade it'd probably be thorough enough to kill anything else we could have for speculating.

I've been saying that all along!:D

Though I think that's also why so many people would want a remake, not just the graphics. I'm not sure if I'd like the story to be completely told, it would take away from some of the loveable ambiguities of it all.

Lordy, Dazz made a good post? I'm in shock xD
I'll guess I'll take that as a compliment...Yeah OK some parts could be finished like some of those unused items that seem to be there for no reason could be given some use in the game such as 1/34 soldier (Or whatever fraction they were) or masamune/marasame that you can win at gold saucer. But I'd rather they didn't as they would probably get carried away.

well i think im the only person in the whole freakin world that thinks this but i didnt like that the story waz incomplete. i hate endings like that and i didnt like that so much waz left out. i wouldnt mind if they extended some scenes or added more. and u may so omg how can she say that. they original is better than any remake, but the original had lots of problems, like the incorrect translation of aerith's name and mispelled words and just the fact that they didnt go into detail on a lot of the important subjects like zacks death. ff7s my favorite game and i think adding new scenes will only make it better, not worse.

well i think im the only person in the whole freakin world that thinks this but i didnt like that the story waz incomplete. i hate endings like that and i didnt like that so much waz left out. i wouldnt mind if they extended some scenes or added more. and u may so omg how can she say that. they original is better than any remake, but the original had lots of problems, like the incorrect translation of aerith's name and mispelled words and just the fact that they didnt go into detail on a lot of the important subjects like zacks death. ff7s my favorite game and i think adding new scenes will only make it better, not worse.
What they mean by incomplete is that some of the story they intended to be included didn't make the final product because they rushed the release. Hense why some of the translation doesn't make sense or why some plot points come up without explanation. However I find that this just adds to the overall charm of the game.

I'm actually sat on the fence over that now, whether I like the rushed incomplete story as it is or whether I want them to make it complete in a remake. Gosh, my head hurts!! It's such an awesome game as it is, completing it would either make it more enjoyable or just kill it.

Though I do think they should do something about those unfinished sidequests...

I'm not really sure if i want a remake or not because if they do make a remake and its worse than the original i'll think 'well that was a waste of money' but if they don't make a remake then i would think 'i wonder what FFVII would be like if they re-made it for PS3, probably awesum'

Back