Final Fantasy VII Remake News [Update]

I was away at KupoCon and so missed a lot, but they apparently released the intro sequence for the game.

I have only skipped through it as I wanted to avoid spoiling it for myself, and I had sound off for it. But apparently it is very good.

This is amazing!

Interestingly, people complained about the designs for Carbuncle and the Choco-Chick a lot at KupoCon at the weekend. I think most people agree that they aren't the easiest to love.

New sidequest character details...
But I'm not going to read too much into it. I really want to avoid spoilers now and I fear that they're just going to keep showing us everything now.

Still, for those that want to see it, here we are:

Just paid off my preorder with my taxes so now it's just a waiting game for like the next 40 days, prob will be there for the midnight release.

Congrats, Soulcorruptor!! Then you only have to wait its arrival. :D I also payed my pre-order, I can't wait to finally get it!

It seems there are some new stuff SE want to show, but I kind of don't want to see them?xD I can totally agree with you, Dionysos, better not to spoil ourselves all the fun! I only watched the short videos about the summons (and I don't plan to watch any more videos or sreenshots from the game). I think Chocochick and Carbuncle are strange but cute in the same time! But I get why people don't like Carbuncle, his forehead really is bigger than anybody would have expected it lol. Still find it cute!

It seems that someone has made a video montage of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII Remake

That's pretty cool seeing it together like that.

I think they've done a tremendous job with the opening bombing mission in the Remake. It retains the elements which we love from the original whilst also expanding the mission and adding new environmental details and a lot of great dialogue. I'm loving the Remake so far.

From what I see of the Remake so far has me both anticipating its arrival in both glee and agony. Glee because it's FF7 and I adore it, but also in agony because it'll be literal YEARS before I'm able to afford it.

Uuuuhhhhhhhhh....what's the policy on swearing?

You mean on this site? We allow swearing so long as it doesn't fall under the category of flaming/trolling other members or making people uncomfortable (see here for Site Rules).

If you are just wanting to swear in a general, normal way then you can go ahead!

@#$!

A documentary about the making of FFVII Remake before it even releases. I haven't watched this yet, and I'm not sure how spoilery it'll be, but here it is if anyone else wants to watch it before playing the game as I suspect the developers intend us to.

ETPR-hQWsAAYP1B

They've really not held back on making him a sleaze...

I bought my copy (of the game not the vinyl) from Game and I received an email from them a couple of days ago that things are on track (in general, not about this game in particular). However... This coronavirus situation changes every day. What is true at one moment could be irrelevant 24 hours later, let alone by April 10th (Good Friday of all times too).

A fairly interesting interview with Kitase and Hamaguchi about the Remake.

I've not read it in its entirety yet but I believe it is mostly spoiler free or relatively careful with what is revealed. It's more to do with the sort of thing the Remake will be providing and also why the Remake matters, etc.

-
Also... With non-essential stores in the UK ordered to close I guess Game may not be sending me my copy of the Remake on April 10th. :argor:
I may have to seriously contemplate cancelling my pre-order and then buying a digital copy. I'm not impatient enough that I can't wait a couple of extra days, but I can't really wait until all of this madness is over if this lasts for months. I think I need this game to keep me sane.

Some of the other English voice actors have been revealed for characters in the Remake.

The ones at the bottom still only list their Japanese voice actors, but some of the character names have been revealed. I find the inclusion of Leslie Kyle to be particularly interesting, since he is a character who features in the novel The Kids Are Alright: A Turks Side Story. Makes sense as in the novel he discusses how he used to work for Don Corneo, so now we'll actually see him do some of that work. Including him in the Remake is a nice detail.

Also Andrea Rhodea is the name of the Honeybee Inn "Perfection!" guy. Quite a fitting name on multiple levels. Firstly it does sound like the sort of name you'd expect of a successful fashion stylist, etc. Secondly, the meaning of the name: Andrea would stem from Greek andros ('man', thus meaning 'manly') but can be a unisex name; Rhodea would ultimately stem from the Greek rhodon ('rose') and has been used in naming various plants and animals.

Another statement about physical release deliveries.

Looks like people who bought the game from Square Enix directly might be slightly better off. I have checked my emails for Game and there is one that says that they are also working to attempt to get deliveries out on time, but we'll see.

Back