Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Something I’ve been curious about, which Final Fantasy game(s) have you replayed? Doesn’t matter if you managed to finished the game(s) or not.

The only FF games I’ve actually replayed after beating them once are:

FFVII: never finished a replay, but replayed at least 5x...

FFVIII: replayed 3x (never finished a replay)

FFIX: replayed 3x (never finished a replay)

FFX: replayed once or twice (never finished a replay)

Currently I’m replaying FFVIII. I’ve made it out of Timber, but then I stupidly got off East Academy station and now I can’t bother walking on foot to Galbadia Garden, so I turned it off out of frustration. Will this be the end of my replay journey?!

What about you guys? What makes you replay FF games and then randomly stop? Or have you actually replayed FF games until the very end?

Last edited:
FF7: replayed once
FF7 crisis core: replayed 3x
FF7 DoC: replayed twice
FF8: replayed once (never finished)
FF10: replayed once
FF10-2: replayed once (never finished)
FF12: replayed once
FF13: replayed twice
FF13-2: replayed 3x
FF type-0: replayed 4x (all difficulties)

I've replayed a few of the Final Fantasy games - usually because in my first play through I get so interested in the story that I have a bad habit of rushing through the game to find out how it ends and then become stuck because I'm under-leveled :blush:

The ones I've replayed are:

FFVII - Dirge of Cerberus: replayed twice because I enjoyed this game. Was fun to play.

FFVII - Crisis Core: replayed once to get everything that I missed the first time.

FFVIII: replayed once (got stuck the first time at the end of Disc 3 I think - couldn't beat Adel - and had to start again)

FFX: replayed once

FFX-2: replayed once to go for 100% completion

FFXII: replayed once (got stuck again the first time)

FFXIII: Lightning Returns: replayed twice (ran out of time for the first one, then my PS3 got corrupted when I played the second time and I lost all my saves. Haven't finished the third play through).

FFVI-Replayed once
FFVII-replayed three times
FFVIII-replayed three times
FFIX- replayed once
FFX-replayed three times
FFXII-replayed once

FF4: Re-played many times, finally beat the PSP version.
FF6: Re-played many times, finally beat the PS1 version.
FF7: Countless Times
FF7 DoC: Re-played x2
FF8: Countless Times
FF9: Countless Times
FF10: Countless Times
FF10-2: Re-played once on PS4 to do everything, Last Mission content too
FF12: Re-played once, on PS4... still don't like it :P
FF13: Re-played x3
FF13-2: Re-played x3
FF13-LR: Re-played x2

Hoping to beat FF5 this year!

Replayed each main game pre-XIII (except XI) numerous times. Some only a few times, others countless. XIII and XIII-2 only once each. I'm not sure if I'll finish XV even once.

Similar to Prince Oberyn Martel, I've finished all of them a multitude of times. Some of them like VII, VIII, and IX, I've finished literal dozens of times. XV I haven't played all the way through again yet, but I will. XII I've played through like six times, and XIII, XIII-2, and LR four or so times. I don't go through the 2D ones near as often. I've only played through most of them like two times. And I guess I haven't played through games like Type-0 or Tactics at all. Tried Tactics several times, but my mind just doesn't gel with it, and I can never get more than a few hours in before getting stuck on a fight.

Ive replayed and finished Final Fantasy X a few times. Probably the only FF game I’ve replayed to completion.

I’m currently going through FFIX again and almost at end of what would be disc 1, Burmencia. (Playing it on my iPhone)

Tried playing FFVI and FFVII a few times but never got very far.

I've replayed and finished Final Fantasy X four times (Ps2/Vita/Ps4/Switch) and FF XII Hd Remaster (Ps4/Switch).

I've replayed all of the main series at one point or another.

The ones that I've replayed after finishing, though, are: IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X.

The ones that I've completed multiple times after finishing are: VII, VIII.

The ones I've started multiple times but never finished are: I, II, III, V, XII, XIII, XV.

The ones I've never even played beyond a demo: X-2, XIII-2, Lightning Returns.

In my opinion, VIII is the most replayable out of all of them because of the flexibility of the Junction system and the unique sci-fi setting. One of IX's weak points is that because it is such a tribute to classic FF, its locations feel kind of samey to begin with, much less after you play it several times, and its fixed and linear ability progression system is easily mastered in a single playthrough.

I think I've only ever replay VII, VIII, IX & X multiple times. I'm surprised people have kept track of how many times they've replayed some of these games. I probably couldn't even begin counting! I know I've played FFIX countless countless times. If I had to guess which ones I've replayed more in order of most to least I'd say that it's IX, VII, X / VIII. I've played Tactics Advance a few times as well, but not nearly as much as the above. Really enjoyed that game as a quick play session before bed.

I think Tactics & DOC are the only other honorable mentions I can think of that I started to replay and then never finished. I think I'd like to replay Crisis Core here soon :D

Back