Film Friends Forever - Discussion, Movie Suggestions! (Discord Only)

OKAY NEW THREAD POST NEW ME LET'S GO LADS LETS ROCK THIS SHIT PEOPLE

... Anyway, I'm hype for the establishment of a new schedule. We are going to alternate Friday and Saturday, starting with Friday the 27th November - except for Christmas week. Instead, I will be running the film night on

23rd December!!

Because I have family obligations on the 24, 25 and 26th December.

As for rules: everyone gets one selection at a time - basically, you can't spam suggestions every week. The reason for this is to ensure we have a balanced, representive list of films. Some of us may not like 18+ horror or dancing cats, showing off their beautiful taints.

So, let's stick with the one choice until it's been watched (or you want another film). I may take priority here. We will use a wheel randomiser for films that have ties between.

We have a theming concept, just to make movie selections easier. It's a bit jarring to try compare films such as 12 Year a Slave with films like Ready Player One; again, the idea is to give everyone a fair, fighting chance to watch their film together!

As an organiser I try to not be prejudiced to film choices... but I do have a soft spot for terrible films or films full of Nostalgia. You'll see this in my suggestions.

Polls to decide between films are held on #Movie-Night in the FFF Discord Channel. Please let your vote count and choose the film YOU want; we can get to every film eventually. Have an open mind and maybe watch some films you wouldn't usually watch too!

DateThemeMovie Option 1Movie Option 2Selected Movie for that week
27th Novemberbad filmsThe CovenantSharknadoThe Covenant
5th DecemberBad filmsSharknado
12th DecemberBad filmsRubberRubber
16th DecemberGremlinsGremlins
18th DecemberChristmas films (part 1)A Christmassy Ted (Dan)A Christmassy Ted
23rd December. Christmas films (part 2)

Last edited:
Want to nominate The Covenant for our next viewing and if possible Gremlins for the Christmas one.

A Christmassy Ted for the Christmas theme.

Not a movie, but I know you wanted to watch that and I agree.

Alright so I've realized that it has been awhile since we've watched a bad movie. We need to watch a bad movie again and roast it! I say Sharknado.

Rubber should have made that list *shakes fist*

Actually I don't know anything about bad films :wacky: I haven't even watched Rubber. So... I'mma skip out on this movie night week :wacky:

Last edited:
Okay I've never heard of that movie but it sounds laughably bad as well! McGee should keep that as option 1 of our next bad movie theme.

Maybe, but honestly I don't like keeping films booked in too far ahead bc it can be unfair! Ultimately, I want everyone to get a chance at a film they like, you know??

You know what?

I wish I'd suggested the Star Wars Holiday Special for a Christmas film.
If anyone else makes that their legal suggestion then they will be rewarded with 1 CT (since that'll be useless by the end of December....)

xmas_special_wookie.gif

NOTIFICATION!

Feel free to make movie theme suggestions too!!!

As for "christmas adjacent" films such as Gremlins and Die Hard (a favourite of mine); they're fine to suggest for Christmas, but actual Christmas film suggestions (such as Home Alone, The Santa Claus, Jingle All the Way etc) will take priority.

PLEASE log your movie suggestions!

Just a random suggestion to add to some themed list somewhere in the future (not now so much). Just mentioning it before I forget about it entirely...

The Lair of the White Worm (1988).

This is a very, very peculiar film about the legend of the Lambton Worm but the parts I saw were quite trippy... I can't remember much about it. I only saw a few scenes.

It is notable for being early acting work by both Peter Capaldi and Hugh Grant back when they were fresh-faced 28 year olds.

Wolfwalkers!!

Cuz wolves are the best

Edit: Is there a Disboard Bot in the server as I am having trouble getting in

Last edited:
Never heard of Wolfwalkers. o:

Still advocating for Jurassic Park :sad2:

Wolfwalkers!!

Cuz wolves are the best

Edit: Is there a Disboard Bot in the server as I am having trouble getting in

Everything should work right o: But try this link and PM one of the staff if you're still having issues! :)

It won't be for a few more weeks now but how about a Yu-Gi-Oh movie? I rather enjoyed all 3 of them so I wouldn't be opposed to whichever one got picked but I guess if I had to choose one how about The Dark Side of Dimensions?

I'd like to nominate Hook or The Rock if need be place a vote between the two.

To kind of accompany the theme nights that are suggested might I pitch the idea of an actor/actress night? Where we pick an actor/actress and vote on one of their films to watch. Similar to what we did for Sean Connery when he died.

This is just a suggestion for somewhere down the line and not necessarily now...

How about some Don Bluth goodness?

I was thinking An American Tail. Or, my favourite, the sequel An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (although Bluth himself might not have been directly involved in that one - I have fond memories of it).

Back