FFX - Yay or nay to remake?

If Square Enix made a FFX Remake, Yay..Or Nay?

• Yes, I'd be happy with it.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Indifferent.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, I like it as it is.

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
I would be happy if they added a lot more content- more side quests tons of back story/ maybe more on auron & jecht originally and how auron gets to tidus in dream zanark.

Auron got there through Jecht as Sin. Auron was dead and so could travel on the Farplane to the dream Zanarkand, Jecht ferried him there as Sin.

I am was the one who voted for 1 indifferent at the poll. I don't want to have a remake now. I think in 2020 I guess it's ok. Because I guess PS2s won't be using anymore by that time, right?

Final Fantasy X does not need a remake. Like Livi said it would just be upgraded graphics. I thought Final Fantasy X was fantastic. It had a great story, good battle system etc. It is one of my favorites out of all the FF games. So nah if they would remake it it would just be graphics or some added content. Square Enix can spend their time on other things at the moment. I personally loved Yuna's pilgrimage journey and all the trouble she faced with Yevon. I was really motivated throughout the whole game and kept playing. :dave:

Auron got there through Jecht as Sin. Auron was dead and so could travel on the Farplane to the dream Zanarkand, Jecht ferried him there as Sin.

Auron can't go to the farplane thats why he waits outside it, and it was never said the he travels via the farplane to dream zanarkand. Also how did Jecht get to the "real" world?

What's the point?
Even FF VII doesn't have his remake and really it doesn't need to. Apart maybe from graphics and sme points in the storyline [ like Zack ].

FFX has beatifull graphics, voice acting, is in 3D, has good plot, good presentation of the story.
A remake for it would only be a waste of omey and time in my opinion. Made only for cash and nothing new.

Maybe in a few years with, I don't know, PS6 :P

Yeah I think we need to move down the generations abit before giving X a rehaul. It's been relatively recent that we've had remakes of the earlier FFs and I think when you consider the current gaming generation haven't played the earlier ones the remakes were more than justified. A remake will most likely happen, but the PS2 hasn't even retired yet.

Coming from a FFX fanboy. I say. NAY.

FFX is still fairly new. So a Remake right now is plain stupid. Newer remakes from 5-9 should be done first. Because Shoot me. There Outdated. FFX is still in the realm of Newly popular. So the old "Popular" ones should be remade. However. Im I would like a Port of FFX to PS3 or X-box. It would Appease people enough to calm any Rages of a FFX remake. So then they could Hopefully make some Good V-IX remakes.

Noooo. Who voted yes!?!?

This game is still a gem on the PS2. If Square wasted money making a remake of FFX only a few years (yes I know it came out in like 2001), I'd be very disappointed they are not spending their money making new Hits. I can't see how you can honestly make FFX look any better. FFX on the PS2 looks better than some of the new Xbox 360 and PS3 generation games I've played.

I'm violently against remakes anyway, but a remake of a game that is on a console that is still in production? Give a couple more gens first.

I would love to see a remake of FFX, but ONLY if the story was exactly the same and just with better graphics and more sidequests and MAYBE some extra story line to keep us interested.

I really think FFX was a great game and there is nothing that could be done to make it ALOT better, IMO. =/. I would love to see some new graphics but nothing to a major change in the story line at all.

Yes, I'd be happy with it-

I think Final Fantasy X had a lot of problems, and a lot of areas for improvement. However, it was still a great game. The only difference is that most great Final Fantasy games, had a few less problems, or at least slighter ones.

So yes, I think Final Fantasy X should be remade. I think they need to work on the storyline a bit, the graphics, the characters, etc....

I think Final Fantasy X had a lot of problems, and a lot of areas for improvement. However, it was still a great game. The only difference is that most great Final Fantasy games, had a few less problems, or at least slighter ones.

I don't think there was a lot of improvements needed graphically as much, maybe some of the dialogue was a bit flat at times, but the rest of the story makes up for that imo. It was amazing graphically for a PS2 game especially the ending.

So yes, I think Final Fantasy X should be remade. I think they need to work on the storyline a bit, the graphics, the characters, etc....

I would love a remake myself personally too, but I think they should directly plug it to consoles and not change it, but if they do change it, graphically, they probably will considering..though I personally think they should, as the game looks good as it is. =)

Well,the reason why people want remakes of old/technologicaly outdated games is just that they're curious to see what it would look like without being limited by the console it came out for;the famous tech demo showed us what FFVII could be,for instance.

But FFX is realized well enough;even a hi-def movie couldn't spark our imagination any more as to what Spira looks like,so without this and any other reason(like,"The translation was horrible"or"The gameplay could be improved so much";I don't hear many people talking like that),it would be a waste of time...Though probably not financialy,so square might still do it,if not now,then when the PS2 retires.

I think all this game, and all other FFs need for that matter is upscaled to HD, like the Sly Raccoon Collection, keep everything original just boost up the graphics. and perhaps voice acting for the I - IX :hmmm:.

I think all this game, and all other FFs need for that matter is upscaled to HD, like the Sly Raccoon Collection, keep everything original just boost up the graphics. and perhaps voice acting for the I - IX :hmmm:.

NO!
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Seriously, keep the goddamn originals as original as they can be! They don't NEED to be remade.

The thought of ANY of I-IX having voice acting makes me cringe. I cannot take Cloud's FF:AC voice actor being there throughout the WHOLE game. Or Zidane's Dissidia voice actor?

Leave them alone. They do not need to be remade. Do not give Square Enix ideas.

Yes pleeeeeeeease !
I agree with almost all the points you guys have voted nay, and I understand, but as a huge fan of FFX (and my favorite video game ever, played and bought the games and remakes on PS2, PS3 and PS4), I crave a remake !
I want a deeper version of the game, a much longer story with more side quests, more developped features, a blitzball game more developped with more teams etc. New areas of Spira could be revealed, and towns we already know more developped. I know the game is awesome as it is, already good graphics, but I'd love to play with PS4/PS5 graphisms, and most important, play more things in this universe. Why says nay to FFX remake ? Sure you can say yes to FF1-6 remakes, but say yes to FFX remake as well :D
To conclude, Its not about graphism that I want a FFX remake (even if it would be so beautiful), but it is mainly because I want to redive in this universe with far more things to do in it :'D
Please Square Enix, make a FFX Remaaaaake

Yes pleeeeeeeease !
I agree with almost all the points you guys have voted nay, and I understand, but as a huge fan of FFX (and my favorite video game ever, played and bought the games and remakes on PS2, PS3 and PS4), I crave a remake !
I want a deeper version of the game, a much longer story with more side quests, more developped features, a blitzball game more developped with more teams etc. New areas of Spira could be revealed, and towns we already know more developped. I know the game is awesome as it is, already good graphics, but I'd love to play with PS4/PS5 graphisms, and most important, play more things in this universe. Why says nay to FFX remake ? Sure you can say yes to FF1-6 remakes, but say yes to FFX remake as well :D
To conclude, Its not about graphism that I want a FFX remake (even if it would be so beautiful), but it is mainly because I want to redive in this universe with far more things to do in it :'D
Please Square Enix, make a FFX Remaaaaake

While I don't think FFX really needs a remake, neither did FFVII and the FFVII Remake is a wonderful thing to behold (mostly). If FFX was to be expanded with a similar amount of love I'm sure people would go wild for it. So I appreciate your comments that a potential remake could be less about fancy graphics and more about building up the lore and atmosphere of the world.

Also, with the creators continuing to push the idea that FFX and FFVII somehow share the same universe, it wouldn't be too crazy if they were to make FFX a priority after the FFVII Remake project has wrapped up, or if they worked some FFX elements into the FFVII Remake.

I mean they already have worked FFX-2's Shinra into FFVII Remake since they've placed a photograph resembling Shinra (the kid with a helmet who works with Yuna) in the exhibition about President Shinra's life in the museum at Shinra HQ. This could very well just be a joke, but they really keep trying to push it.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20200421235123.jpg

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20200421235136.jpg

I will be honest, im super indifferent about any potential remake this game gets, i think it stands up fine for what it is so leaving it makes sense but... expanding the story in the way they did with ff7 or redoing a bunch of the scenes with todays graphical ability would also be welcome, plus im hopeful that if they DID make a remake of it they could redo that awful laughing scene

TBH I'm not keen on seeing this game getting a remake like FFVII either, but I think graphicly speaking this game would look amazing with Remake graphics. There's a lot of different places & unique areas that are so rich in color and potential to really make this game pop in a way that could be even further captured. Macalania Woods for example would look beautiful, or the opening sequence with the Blitzball game, or when Yuna performs a sending.

This game has a lot of plot holes that could stand to have adjusted a bit more too, the Pyreflies explaining everything just seems a bit lazy to me.

But, with as popular as FFX was I really wouldn't be terribly surprised if at one point it does get special attention, but I wouldn't really be sad if they never did as it was pretty good on its own I think. :lew: I guess I'm just neutral.

Pyreflies.jpg

While I don't think FFX really needs a remake, neither did FFVII and the FFVII Remake is a wonderful thing to behold (mostly). If FFX was to be expanded with a similar amount of love I'm sure people would go wild for it. So I appreciate your comments that a potential remake could be less about fancy graphics and more about building up the lore and atmosphere of the world.

Also, with the creators continuing to push the idea that FFX and FFVII somehow share the same universe, it wouldn't be too crazy if they were to make FFX a priority after the FFVII Remake project has wrapped up, or if they worked some FFX elements into the FFVII Remake.

I mean they already have worked FFX-2's Shinra into FFVII Remake since they've placed a photograph resembling Shinra (the kid with a helmet who works with Yuna) in the exhibition about President Shinra's life in the museum at Shinra HQ. This could very well just be a joke, but they really keep trying to push it.

View attachment 10768

View attachment 10769
Wow this could be cool ! But I'm not sure the 2 universes could merge into one? I'am a huge fan of FFX but doesn't like the meca-universe of FF7 (btw I played the remake and liked it anyway). To conclude, I understand a remake of FF10 isn't a priority, I am so in love with this game that I crave a deeper universe of the game, just to replay it (I am a bit tired of doing X times the same game ahah)

Back