FFX - Worth Getting?

FFX is one of the best video games. It is in my top 3 FF video games as well. It has a great story, graphics, music, emotional bond to the characters, and the all important replay value. If you are new to the FF series or love FF but never played FFX, then you should go out and by this game, I serious, you won't be disappointed.

Yes, of Corse its worth getting, the gameplay is better than that of the other games,
Also the cut screens set the ff series into a whole new dimention with the realistic emotions and face movement.

Its a wonderful game :) amazing. Buy it, please... haha but seriously its my favorite ff, and a lot of other peoples too, we can't all be wrong can we? The answer is we are right :) i find it hard to believe that any ff hasn't played it, whether they loved it or loathed it. It has one thing that separates it from other ff games in my opinion, well two actually and i have played a fair few, 1 emotion and 2 a unique storyline. It veers away from the common 'crystals of fire water earth and air' storyline. There are no princesses. (not that we don't love them, but we like a summoner instead from time to time) , i know ffs 6, 7 8 and 9 had pretty unique storyline (especially 7) but i dunno, to me ff10 just felt extra specially unique. And the emoton, well there's enough emotion in this game for every ff ever made, but i would like it to stay in ffx thankyou very much :) it makes the game in my opinion, without it the game would be no where near as good. I think thats one of the reasons i love it so much, its different, they tried a new directuion and pulled it off spectacularaly. The storyline is more linear, and theres no world map to walk about on, but the upside to that is that you don't get lost right? okay so maybe i would have liked one.. but oh well. And maybe the lip syncing isn't amazinggg.. but so what? it was squares first attempt, cut them some slack. The sphere grid has never been done before either, i loved it to be honest, take the advanced option and you have a choice to make your character whatever class you want them to be, fill it up and your bloody invincible, but a warning to you, that may take 1000 plus hours of gameplay, i dunno if thats an exaggeration or not, i never filled it. I never changed their original classes on the advanced option much either, i dunno but to me it just seems like yunas supposed to have magic in her, not attack. The summons are one of my favourite parts to it, find the hidden ones, i loved that bit. Blitzballs a bit crappy, i never bothered with it, but if you do you can get some really great stuff. Anyway if you havn't played it, play it. If you don't wanna play it, well then your just mad :P

YES! This game is mst definitly worth getting! I mean, this was my favorite out of the ff series. I'm one of the rare-breeds who likes this game better than ffvii. Its a wonderful story that will keep you guessing, and that will fill you up with emotion. A must must MUST have!

You should get it the game is great very cheap and you can play it over and over again without getting bored!!

"I do what I want! you have problem?!" -Quina jk
Actually mine is "To be forgotten is worse than death" from Freya.

It is absolutely worth getting it. Of course, everyone has different preferences and opinions and can only decide for themselves, but my advise for everyone who likes a good RPG with a wonderful story and characters should give this game a try.

This game is totally worth getting! It's an wonderful game with amazing characters and a awesome storyline that really have you emotional. This is the first game that made me cry! Play the game. You won't regret it!

FFX is probably my favourite of the series. It has a beautiful soundtrack, gorgeous graphics, memorable characters, and a storyline that has captivated the hearts of millions. Really terrific RPG, I'd reccomend it to anyone :3
No seriously. Buy it now. Buuuy eeet~
xP

I agree with you 100% on that.Not only that but the video graphics are amazing.Almost as good as Assassin's Creed.I definatly think anyone should get this game
All Final Fantasies are worth getting, but specifically, X has a wonderful story which unravels in a very peculiar manner. It makes the player think and understand that which some could never comprehend; like the dimensional time-warp theory...

All Final Fantasies are worth getting, but specifically, X has a wonderful story which unravels in a very peculiar manner. It makes the player think and understand that which some could never comprehend; like the dimensional time-warp theory...

I do agree, every Final Fantasy is worth the time and effort because each immerses you in a different way.

Though my personal favourite of the series is IX, if asked, I will always say X is the best of the series.

Due to it being on a next-gen console (well next-gen of it's time), things that were previously unable to be realisticly achieved were possible such as clear voice-acting, facial expressions and minor body movements such as fingers and head tilts.

I CANNOT sing this game the praise it deserves, it was life-changing for me on so many levels.

Former titles of the series took heavy influence from western-style fantasy and sci-fi (For anyone that says VII's environment was unique and new, I recommend you watch Blade Runner). Final Fantasy X deliberatly stepped away from that and took heavy influence from East-asian culture, reminiscent of Japanese, Chinese, Indian and Korean legends. Even though this, in itself, is not all that new to us, it was certainly a very diverse step for Final Fantasy. Furthermore, I was so happy they decided to scrap the world map for this title. The fact that the game moved in a somewhat linear fashion actually helped to strengthen the game's visual elements and story progression and I personally really liked that choice on their part. Final Fantasy X saw Nobuo Uematsu aided in his legendary compositions by composers Masashi Hamauzu (now Square Enix's lead musical composer) and Junya Nakano which resulted in a powerfully diverse and beautifuly deep soundtrack that is my absolute favourite of the series and was one of the first soundtracks to really turn my heart and ears to video game soundtrack composition.

As 007sephiroth so rightly mentions, the game's direction of narative is one of the most surreal and unusual in the series, where you are left questioning not only who is truly the main protagonist (between Tidus and Yuna) but also the main antagonist (between Sin, who is unconciously destructive, and Seymour, who is knowingly evil) to the point where you are lead down so many seperate plotlines that it becomes confusing (in that "Ooooooooh so it makes sense now!" kind of way that any good film induces) and that point in which they are resolved becomes that much more powerful. As I've stated before, this game cannot be sung enough praise from me.

My advice is, BUY IT AND TREASURE IT!!

Last edited:
I think this game is completely worth it. From the storyline to the awesome graphics, to the score. It was all great, and I love playing this game. It is one of those games that you can replay over an over again and not get bored with it. I loved the characters, and the battle system, and the sphere grid was an awesome design. I am glad that they are using something similar in FF XIII.

All in all it was a game that I would recommend to anyone.

I would definitely recommend this FF game to anyone. I'm not 100% sure what it is about the game but there is something to do with the blend of the storyline and the way it plays that just makes it work really well. It's also really easy to play first time round, and it's good enough that it'll encourage you to go through the game again to get everything that you missed.

Of course there are some elements of the game that won't appeal to everyone *cough*blitzball*cough* But other than that most of the elements are awesome. Especially the Sphere grid, it allows everyone to learn everything like quite a few of the other games, but doesn't require them to only have a certain number of abilities equip. This means that unlike in FFVII were you need the materia equip and games like FFV were you need to change jobs before battle, you can just pull an ability out of your hat and use it in any situation.

A definite must for anyone who loves FF =]

The graphics were good, the storyline was good the characters for the most part are good. Liked the sphere grid thing pretty cool. :) I deff love the game and it is (imo) a great buy and totally worth getting.

FFX was an extraordinarily beautiful game in my opinion, and it is my all-time favorite game. The plot and storyline are both equally incredible and do deserve praise. The characters are unique, funny, and it is very easy to fall in love with them. My favorite character was, is, and will forever be, Rikku. X was originally introduced to me by a friend, in fact it was the first FF game I'd ever seen. I will be forever thankful. The different cultures and aspects of Spira make this game even better. The mystery and tragedy of this world pulls you in as you learn more and more of the planet's history, the "Spiral of Death", and the reasons for much of the game's secrets. The touch of irony scattered throughout the game are also brilliant additions to the grand scheme of the world. The music is beautiful and emotional. The Hymns are pure genius, and the character themes are spot on. The villains are spectacular. With Sin being the near invincible, and unbelievably powerful force that it is, and Seymour being the creepy, but still very dangerous man that he is, the antagonists of this game are thought out very well and just add to the game's power. The graphics, I don't care how old they are, are still amazing. The game was the first in the series to use voice acting, and was also the first in the series to have an actual sequel to the storyline that delves even further into Spira's past, the Machina War, to be more specific. All in all, this game is a treasure and should be treated as such. My advice to all who have yet to play it is to buy it and see what I'm talking about.

You will NOT regret it!

This game is most definitely worth getting.

It is my favourite game of all time. The storyline is simply amazing.

Everything about this game is so beautiful and well thought out in my opinion.

The sphere grid was brilliant! I enjoyed it so much!

The graphics are the best for it's time and it really gets you involved as a player. You really connect with the characters.

This would be the first game that has done that for me.

Simply gorgeous soundtrack and the FMV's are breathtaking. <3

This game is so worth getting, that even the first 2 hours of gameplay are just worth the money!

This game has so many secrets within it and so many items that you can miss out the first time through, that will make you play through the game another time!!!

The story is amazing, the characters are amazing, the battle system is amazing!

There is nothing like the sphere grid! You may start with a mage that hits 20's with melee, but by the end of the game, that mage may be hitting 9999 with melee, you can make all your characters master every skill with the exception of summoning and the Lancet special effect that only Kimahri can do, or Rikku's mix.

Other than that! the is no limit.

One of the things I love about games, is the exploring part of them, this game is perfect, because even after you beat the game, there is a lot of things to explore, including the Monster Arena, and secret Aeons, and the secret maps in the game!!!

There is even a part of the game where you get to play as the bad guy!

This game has everything!

I advice you to get it right now, and when you beat it, you might even get the sequel, because this game even has a sequel!

This game is priceless. I was stupid enough to try and sell this game to a store one time and the were only offering to pay like 9 dollars. I then told the clerk that this game was worth more than her life, and refused to sell it. Now, I wonder what I was thinking even trying to get rid of it in the first place. I though I got everything out of it and there was no more to learn from it, but when I start a new game, and go on that familiar journey, I realise I was wrong

This is one of the greatest games ever created, it's timeless. And it is worth getting and never letting go of. The Voice acting is perfect, the Gameplay is perfect, the Story couldn't get any better.

Definitely worth getting (y)

The voice acting, which was a new one for the series, was amazing. The story was great and enjoyable. It kept me hooked on the game for weeks. The character development was very good and different from all the other games that came before it. The battle system wasn't a change from the previous games, which was good as it excelled in this game.

We hate FFX, and we wouldn't recommend it to our worst enemy. :mokken:

The voice acting is terrible.
The plot is almost the same as Godzilla.
The characters don't develop at all.
The story is so bad it's laughable.
The sphere grid system is crap.
The villains are terrible.
The characters are stereotypical to most animes EVER.
The battle system is easy to use, so easy that the game is pathetically simple.

We have everything about this game. :mokken:

Our opinion of course. :mokken:

Back