FFX - Worth Getting?

Of course it´s worth getting!!!
This is the first game that i played on ps2 and...is AMAZING!,very good graphics,nice storyline,awesome musics and great cast of characters,he impressed me in everything,and i think this FF is a bit more mature than others FFs and must be played by every fan of FF =D

Of course this game is worth getting! There is so much to do in this game. There are tons of side content that will take hours to complete. The gameplay it self is pretty will done and the main story is pretty much flawless. Not to mention a whole side game in the game called blitzball you can spend days maxing your characters stats and learning all the moves. I personally think that they should make bliztball it's own game it was that good

Of course this game is worth getting! There is so much to do in this game. There are tons of side content that will take hours to complete. The gameplay it self is pretty will done and the main story is pretty much flawless. Not to mention a whole side game in the game called blitzball you can spend days maxing your characters stats and learning all the moves. I personally think that they should make bliztball it's own game it was that good. Maybe they will in the future

If you dont like term based battlemode its not worth getting.
But I've played through this game a long time ago, and it was a great adventure. Really emotional some places and the storyline was really great!
For me it was worth getting it. I will still recommend this game for all of you final fantasy fans that haven't played this game before, but also to people who never really played final fantasy before. This game is a really good start! =)
(This game made me become a final fantasy fan ^^)

This game is is a great choice to consider.

Its graphics were brilliant. More realistic than most games I've seen on the PS2 so far... The battle system is classic turn based though, if you don't like it, then you'll have to bear with this.

Summoning is interesting too, with the summons having health of their own, as if they were real characters themselves... You can name them too, apparently.

More importantly, I find the storyline brilliant and touching. The scenes are well done, and gave the right emotions when needed. Voice acting was another plus point here too.

Overall great. Worth getting!

I'm just wondering, are there a lot more temple orb-pedestal temple puzzles? I can handle the cutscenes every five minutes and older graphics, but I've pretty much given up at Djose(?) because the puzzles are starting to annoy me when I could be playing something else.

Last edited:
FFX was waaaay worth the moolah. The sphere grid was very fun to do and a great new way to max your character's stats, it actually made me feel like my characters were buffin up after each fight. The battle system was fun and the visuals were great for ps2 game to come out early, especially the cutscenes.. the new limitbreaks which are overdrives, are awesome to watch everytime and were fun to execute. there are MANY sidequests to do, which could take about over 100 hours to complete. I was so hooked to the game that im looking forward to playing the international version. Now this is kinda off topic but..is the international version WORTH getting just to get to fight penance and the dark aeons? thx in adv.

It is byfar the best Final Fantasy game ever made, and my favroite game EVER.
Mind expanding a bit more and telling us "Why" it was so awesome for you?

I'm sure anyone wishing to get this game would like to hear your reasons for liking it so much. Why it's your favorite and the best so far in your opinion?

I think the storyline is amazing, I couldnt stop playing because of my need to know what was going to happen next. This game had me hooked, the battle system is awesome. The characters had their own unique personalities which drew me to the game even more. Its just the perfect video game.

I think its worth geting hell i hunted shop after shop to find the game... :D because it was out a few years back so they stoped selling them here :( its hard to find 7-8-9-10
it sucks lol. but yes its worth getting :D

I think its worth geting hell i hunted shop after shop to find the game... :D because it was out a few years back so they stoped selling them here :( its hard to find 7-8-9-10
it sucks lol. but yes its worth getting :D

Maybe elaborate al little more, tell us why you think the game itself is worth getting instead of how hard it is to get hold of? Thanks ^^

I think its worth getting...its a evolutionary game that transformed the series...so I think it atleast justifies for it to be given a chance to see if its worth it or not...

I think its worth getting...its a evolutionary game that transformed the series...so I think it atleast justifies for it to be given a chance to see if its worth it or not...

A litle more elaboration please? Say why you felt it transformed the series- why you feel its worth it or not, Cheers ^^

FFX for a long time was the game to play coz squae enix made alot of games after tht blew like X2 complete and utter fail ! FFXII another example of inhuman game making cmon active battle system is a classic example of not how to make a game story rocks though :P anyways my copy corrupts every time i get to 50 hrs game play time nd they wont replace coz apparently its my ps2s fault like cmon tried on 3 diff ps2s!

anyways ... FFX rocks nd everybody in whole world should hve copy for those wet sunday afternoons.

Final Fantasy X is an incredibly game and is definately one you should look into playing.

Many would argue down that there's no leveling system in the typical sense but this is what ses it apart from its predecessors.

The story in amazing, easily my favorite in the series. There's so much for you to discover that once you start revealing the truths, you won't be able to put the game down. The graphics are stunning, especially in the cutscenes and gameplay is simply beautiful. Because of the basis of the game, FFX took away from the summoning system in the previous games, making it even more unique.

There's so much to this game, what with the side-quests and such, that you won't be bored for days. =)

Ummm of course Final Fantasy X is like one of the best Final Fantasy's ever made. What kind of question is this? FInal Fantasy X was an incredible game for me and it put alot of emotions in me. I fell in love with Yuna during X. Alright anyways this game has some romance and alot of action of course its worth it.

Hey after the kissing part do you notice when the screen fades in black,a sound comes,its like someone is taking off a shirt,did they have sex? why it was faded in black?

keep on topic please - is FFX worth getting?

Ummm of course Final Fantasy X is like one of the best Final Fantasy's ever made. What kind of question is this?
This is being asked so that anyone coming onto the site trying to see what others think of think of this game. Our words of encouragement about this game or criticisms may help this person to decide whether or not they want to spend money getting the game and the time put into it to play it in the end.

Hey all,
this is my first post since October.6.2007 !!!!!! I found this forum on search as I forgot that I have an account here or even know this forum !!!!! glad I remembered such awesome place cuz I'm currently Re-Playing FFX in spite of havin' PS3 but I jst luv it n I wanna say OF COURSE IT IS WORTH BUYING even if u HATE RPG ur gonna LOVE this one ... since almost all the current games can be finished in 2 days if not less ... this one is everlasting with it's length n entertainment ;)

Being my favourite FF game out of the series, of course I'd urge you to buy it. Even if you're just a casual gamer, this game is easily the best RPG game for PS2.

The story is great, deep and emotional. Lots of twists and turns that'd leave you completely surprised, and that is in a good way.

Graphics part is of course top-notch quality. I don't mind the voice-acting as much as some other people. And also the music, although I won't say it's mindblowingly good(FFVII) but it's still has one of the stronger soundtracks.

Gameplay is innovative and introduces some new systems like sphere grid which enhances the fun.

So all in all, yes, FFX is certainly worth buying.

Back