FFX - Worth Getting?

Final Fantasy X is definitely worth getting if its 2001 and you just beat the brilliant game that is FF IX and bought a PS2. I definitely creamed my pants when i played the demo and saw the 'Blitzball' cinematic.

Anyways, pros and cons:

Pros.

Story is kinda good.
Very good soundtrack.
Some decent Characters.
Blitzball is surprisingly deep for a mini game, and kinda fun.
Loads of optional side quests and bosses that will rape you.
New summons, that you can control in battle.
You can create new weapons/armour and accesories.
Also your characters are able to deal a maximum of 99,999 which makes a change from the measly 9999.
Auron is a badass.

Cons:

Shitty character designs by Nomura.
>Tidus and the fricking 'Laughing scene', also when people say that Tidus is annoying they are not exaggerating.
The way all the characters end up being the same, with the same abilities near the end.
Also a lack of world map was really crap, i mean compared to Dragon Quest VIII which had an actual sized world where you would travel through fields and woods like in the Shadoe of the Colossus. The PS2 could certainly handle a proportional world.

The real question should be is this question worth asking. It's my favorite FF game and probably my favorite game overall, from the story to the characters you can't ask for more.

Please stop spamming you guys. Put more effort into your posts such as why you think FFX is worth getting, etc...one liner posts are not accepted in the post count section of the forums.

I personally really liked FFX alot when I played it. The story was really good and I quickly became attached to the characters, except for Rikku who I didn't really know how to feel like when she K.O:ed Tidus. :P

Overall, I'd give this game a 9/10. The reason it didn't get 10/10 is because I didn't like the turn based battle system and I missed the leveling.

Definetively the best Final Fantasy ever. The best party ever made in any FF, The history is amazing and it had the best Mini-game too, Blitzball. I think its probably one of the most sold games ever, and that has to have a reason, Because its one of the best ever made games. I loved the secret bosse/aeons/weapons, Difficulty and most of all the only Final Fantasy where you can Control/Customize your Aeons as you want. A must for any RPG/FF Fan.

Thats just my opinion about FFX..

yes!!!!!

i think final fantasy x is defiatly worth gettng but i do think that the music is very good because it is all the same for most fights but apart from that it is one of the best games of all times:tidus::cloud::nana:

Overall, I'd give this game a 9/10. The reason it didn't get 10/10 is because I didn't like the turn based battle system and I missed the leveling.

This was actually my favorite battle system in the FF series, I loved being able to see who would have the next turn, it added a whole new element of strategy.

FFX is definitely worth getting in my opinion, it had a very good storyline, the characters were likable, it was incredibly fun and it had magnificent graphics and a beautiful soundtrack. FFX is without a doubt one of my favorite PS2 games and should definitely at least be tried by anyone who is a fan of the series.

Yeah defiantly worth getting... id say it was my fave ps2 game and would say its up there as my fave ff game to.. music is amazing and the visuals are stunning ..

I finished this game sort of last week time, and if i had nothing else to do i would still be sat in my chair with a look of awe on my face after the ending.

The graphics are stunning for PS2, the cutscenes are stunning by any standard.

The gameplay is brilliant, unrivaled battle system which i wish square had come up with earlier and included in the other titles.

The storyline is ... well. Absolutely fantastic, really shows that it is the same writer who wrote FFVII, that wrote FFX.

Overall, this is probably one of the best games of all time, certainly in my opinion.

Yargh!! I'd buy it just for blitzball i truely spent way way to long playing that game, but the entire game is wonderful there's so much to do and it take's ages unless you use Yojimbo which is pointless.

I'd give this game a big 9/10 it could of done with being just a tad better in the sidequest department. That's my opinion anywho. :)

I'd say this was overall a pretty good game i think with a few treaks and new ideas added this could be teh best final fantasy ever.

Yes

FFX i'd say is worth getting sure the sphere grid ticks all of us off but with a few tweaks and added ideas like weapon custimazation(appearance) and Crisis Core/FFXII battle system along with a new feature where you could customize Overdrives;this could be the best Final Fantasy ever.
icon7.gif

hm... I just bought the game, so I've not gotten that far. (just finished in Luca). but anyways, my first impression is that the storyline is promising and the battlesystem okay, but after FFXII it sort of hard to get used to.. but the biggest flaw of the game is the charachters!!! OMG, they are just SO annoying!! especially Tidus, with that redicolus voice, that just doesn't suit him at all! and honestly, what's the point with all that blitzball??
okay, realize that I sound a bit negative, but don't get me wrong. it's final fantasy, so of course it's woth getting!!!!!!!
oh, and can I ask a question? Is it possible to buy items like potion, or can you only obtain it through battle?

Let's try to avoid one liners and put a it more effort in our posts guys, you are not really giving convincing arguments for anyone that may have not played ths game, Im not asking for an essay, just a little bit more thought, thankyou ;)

Back