FFX: Love It or Hate It?

Love it or hate it?

• Total voters
I don't want to say I hated it because there were some parts of it that I liked. :hmmm:

I really didn't care a great deal for this game though. I did enjoy the battle system and the sphere grid was interesting. I also really liked Yuna's character (her voice was awful though). The graphics and environments were also really nice and well done.

Everything else about it I didn't like though. I didn't particularly care for the story or the other characters. In fact, pretty much every character in this game annoyed me besides Yuna. I hated Blitzball with a passion as well. >.> I also didn't find the game challenging in any way. It was just sort of a "meh" game to me. :hmmm:

X is my third favorite ff game (behind VIII and XIII). I think it is brilliant. The storyline is fantastic, because it is clear and straightforward. I also find it to be fascinating. The characters are wonderful; Tidus drives me a little crazy, but this is only because of his horrible voice and clothing. His personality and love for Yuna makes him rather charming. Yuna is beautiful and sweet, and I think the romance between her and Tidus is just amazing. Rikku is one of my favorites as well because she is adorable and fun, a good counter to one of the ore serious characters. Lulu's air of mystery and *ahem* well-endowed assets make her a memorable character. Kimahri, Auron and Wakka are all great characters as well (not my favs, but there is not a single character I actually hate *cough* Hope*cough*Zell*)

As for the battle system, I personally love the turn-based play. This may be because fast paced games freak me out, but it makes strategic battling much easier. As for difficulty of battles, i think X is one of the toughest. VII and XIII were both very easy to beat for me. VIII is tough, but not too much so. I haven't played every ff so I can't say which is hardest, but I believe there are quite a few boss battles in X that make it very tough.

Graphics were state-of-the art for the time, and still are very good today. Music was fantastic (as for all ff games). I believe X would be a good ff game to begin with, because it is generally linear with an interesting and straightforward storyline. The turn-base battle system would also be good to begin with. I love this game above most of the others, and think everyone should give it a chance if they have not done so yet.

Seeing the results of the poll, most people agree with me:)

Love the game. Yes. Love it.

Story, characters, battles, villains, everything. It's one of those games where you can go deep into, and still realize that there's more to the game that you need to un-ravel. The plot going back to 1000 years ago, to what is going to happen to our main characters (mainly Tidus) after the game ends. Leaves you wondering and wanting more. But not FFX-2 kinda more...

I loved it, probably couldn't explain exactly why though.

However, I did love the Sphere Grid instead of leveling up (though I guess they're practically the same thing) since it gave you an opportunity to get your characters to have exactly what abilities you wanted them to have, like Yuna not being forced to be your only healer or Lulu your only mage.

I love this game. This has to be my 3rd favorite of the series. The story, characters, aeons, the amazing graphics, the locations, the plot, the music wow what to say about the music besides amazing, blitzball was like a drug for me. It was so damn addicting and fun, that it kept me playing and playing. I could play this game 24/7 and never get tired of it. 11/10 on the scale

i loved it,
it was a great game

+
the battle system
blitzbal
extra bosses monster arena
spheregrid
story

-
final boss yu yevon
(it was too easy you couldn't die even if you tried to)

Best character development in FF series (pretty much completely customizable).

Best & by far the Fairest battle system- as opposed to those games where suddenly your foe gets 2 turns in a row.

Loved the swapping in and out of party members- not "leaving anyone behind" by not being able to change till on the world map.

Cool way to customize weapons (not the best weapon & armor system though). I like being able to equip multiple pieces of armor & couple accessories).

Great scenery & cool locations combined with memorable characters and moments.

I loved final fantasy x, i didn't care much for the characters though, the only one i liked was Auron <3
The story was great.

I don't know how anyone could not love this game. Honestly, it was the best game I've ever played. The story was so captivating and you really felt for the characters. I cried at so many different points in the game, but especially when yuna and tidus were kissing. It was the most heart breaking scene ever. Knowing they loved each other so much, yet they couldn't be together because Yuna had to defeat Sin. Still makes my eyes tear up now lol

You guys should have saw this coming. :britt:

It's of no surprise that I'm a very hard man to please when it comes to vidya games. I mean, I hate FFVII, I loathe FFVIII, and I hated FFXIII months before it came out. However, even though I hate all of the games I just mentioned, one holds a special spot of hatred deep within my heart. Of course, if you haven't guessed it by now, it's FFX.

You see, when I first saw this game being advertised on TV back when I was young and naive, I thought this game was going to be EPIC. After playing FFIX and loving the shit out of it, how could a game like FFX be bad?

Oh how reality planned on kicking my ass and leaving me for dead. So, the game comes out, and my dear ol' Dad come in with FFX because that's all I had been talking about for the past couple of weeks and he wants to shut me up. I pop this bad boy in my PS2 and I hear this sound, like nails on a chalk board... It's Tidus being a whiny bitch talking about his “story”.

Okay, so the voice acting isn't great. Yet, I kept playing, and I played, and I played, as I was introduced to the shittiest cast of characters, simplistic fucking gameplay, horrid voice acting, bad leveling up system, and a plot ripped STRAIGHT FROM FUCKING GODZILLA. -__-

Sin = Godzilla (In case any of you needed me to spell that out for you.)

Yes, I beat this game, and I only enjoyed myself once. During the ending when Yuna runs up to Tidus and tries to hug him and falls through him, I burst out laughing. Now THAT, was comedy gold. :rofl:

The characters are all shit:

Tidus: A whiny, pretty fucking stupid main character. “Crews of what?” Seriously Tidus? Seriously? :ffs:

Yuna: Forced love interest with no backbone and does everything because it's expected of her. Classic damsel in distress, and is kidnapped to force the plot along daily.

Rikku: Typical stupid bitch stereotype that was first introduced to the series in FFVII. (Fucking Yuffie) Also, jailbait action. It's disturbing to know that men think about tapping that and she's seriously only 16 in the game. :srsly:

Lulu: Also known as “tits galore”. Hot goth bitch that shops at Hot Topic for the belts. Constantly bitching about something, but as it turns out, she has a reason for being angry because apparently she used to be an incompetent Guardian and lost a Summoner. So... Typical Anime character right here.

Wakka: Seriously? :ffs:

Kihmari: Shit.

Auron: The only character I don't hate, but he seriously has this “I'm so badass” look to him that it's somewhat ridiculous. The only thing he needs is a pair of shades and to walk away in slow motion from an explosion and you have- Oh.

When it comes to villains, or in this case, “villains”, you don't really have a real one. We'll start off with the first misconception here: Jecht. Not a fucking villain. Sure, he's the source of Tidus' daddy issues, but he's not a villain. He's not even fucking evil. He's just possessed and forced to be Godzilla.

Now, for the rest of them.

Godzilla: Not a real villain. A giant fucking flying whale is not a villain.

Yu Yevon: Makes a stupid fucking religion to love forever. This was done much better in BREATH OF FIRE II.

Seymour: Despite being the name of old people in nursing homes that eat pudding through a straw, he has fucking HAIR ANTLERS, which he must have to use massive amounts of mayonnaise to get just right. He wants to be Sin, to live forever. Once again, not a real villain.

This game is lacking a good antagonist.

As for gameplay, the combat system was too fucking simple. I could make it through the entire game and not die once. The only thing to give me problems was Yunalesca, but not because she was hard, because she had an annoying skill set. Once she goes down, the only challenge to the game is out of the way.

Hell, even the final boss is scripted. Meaning you can't lose, it's impossible. I don't want my fucking hand held through the final boss, assholes. :jimberry:

The sphere grid is fucking stupid. Using this piece of shit, you can make every character a carbon copy of another character. This completely throws character classes out of the window. Lulu is introduced as a Black Mage at the beginning of the game. Near the end, she became my primary White Mage. :ffs:

It's fucking stupid is I can have all of my characters damage enemies like a fucking boss, and they're all used as Warriors. My fucking White Mage should not be able to tank a fucking enemy. :hmph:

Sidequests are almost non existent. You have a couple of mini games that suck, and some thing where you create monsters and fight them. Then end game one being a marlborro (or however you spell it) that instantly casts bad breath and kills you.

It's not hard, if it's impossible to kill. :mokken:

So, at the end of the day, you get shit from doing this. Then you have some half-asses chocobo race, and a couple of secret summons. Like the Maggot sis-, I mean Magus Sisters. This has got to be the dumbest fucking summon ever. It's strong, and makes everything easy as hell, but they're so fucking stupid looking.

However, Anima is a fucking boss. Ehs a pretty cool guy, eh raeps monsters and doesn't afraid of anything.

PROS: Almost none.
Anima
Laughing when Yuna falls through whiny bitch Tidus
Auron

CONS: EVERYTHING ELSE

Even though this game holds a special brand of hate in my heart for destroying my expectations for the series, I still think FFXIII is a more horrible game. I also seriously believe that anyone who takes this as their favorite game (or FFXIII) has NO CLASS. :mokken:

(Also, keep in mind that that line is not supposed to be taken seriously. YOU SEE ME TROLLIN', YOU HATIN')

Good day. :monocle:

EDIT: And you want to know something really fucking bad. Removing the overworld was the FUCKING DUMBEST idea ever. And don't pull that "software limitations" crap. I call bullshit and raise you Dragon Quest VIII. :griin:

MY AIRSHIP TRAVEL IS LITERALLY COMPRISED OF SAVE POINTS. FINDING NEW PLACES TO GO CONSISTS OF MOVING A FUCKING RED DOT ON A FLAT 2D MAP AND RANDOMLY MASHING "X". IF YOU LIKE THIS IDEA, YOU ARE A BAD PERSON, AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. :rage:

EDIT 2: And let us not forget the music. There is only one track that stands out, and that's "To Zanarkand." Even then, it's pretty subpar. Other than that, there really wasn't any good music. Hell, even the battle music sucked. :hmph:

Last edited:
i love the game because it is a great way for me to let of some steam when i'm mad and because i love how the characters act. further more, i would highly recomend anyone play this game because it has a great, yet confusing story lin

There are probably many flaws in this game. However, this game was good about bringing out emotion in me. It really struck me with the talk of "Sin is Jecht" and "Sin is my old man". I also liked Yuna when she seemed more mysterious. Tidus was kind of a nut, but I thought he was a good narrator and protagonist. I really don't like the idea that Yuna was the star of the game instead of Tidua, but it won't stop 90% of everything from saying it, so I'll just have to ignore it.

I loved it. I loved everything about it, minus Tidus. The quest about a girl going through great length to save her land from a monster that's threatening to destroy everything got me hooked and finding out that the whole time Yuna was basically walking to her death for Spira with a smile on her face got a lot of emotion out of me. I think every character played their part well, no matter how small, and of course the game play was also enjoyable.

The only thing I would add would be the option to play through the game from Yuna's perspective. Tidus in the lead works because it's like being on the outside looking in but being able to go through all of that as Yuna and get inside her head more as an addition to it I think would be great, if done right.

Though it could be the Yuna fanboyism in me talking...

FFX wow I totaly loved it ...this game was awesome the characters,the story line ,the emotions of the characters and the music was great ..tidus was pretty cool and funny like when he sniffed auron in guadosalam. wakka was a interesting character he went by the teachings of yevon and the conflict between him and rikku was fun to watch LOL. Lulu was preety hot and she had some background story's like her about to marry chapu (wakkas brother) and she was once a guardian of another summoner that dint make it. auron was just cool and it was interesting that he was once braskas guardian and all he went trough, and another thing i liked about this character was that it showed hints that he was dead like in guadosalam when seymour told him 'why are u still here' and outside the farplane when yuna was sending lord jiscal (seymour's dad). kimahri = well theres not much to say about him but his conflict against his brothers was interesting to watch. yuna = very hot LOL and her emotions relly got to you like when seymour asked her to marry him she did not like him but she was willing to do it for the ppl of spira. rikku = she was hot to :) and even tough she sometimes got anoying she was very funny like in the thunder plains when she was scared of the thunders and she got on the floor and started crawling. Seymour was an awesome villian he fit in perfectly and his voice was awesome and he was alittle creepy whit his death ending suffering thing going on altough one thing that i was very disopointed of was his final form being to easy when it made everyone think that it was gonna be imposible to beat him after he was very hard on MT.Gagazet ... The graphics of the game just left me in awe and the songs were awesome like other world,to zanarkand ect.. I could keep going on and on about how much i loved this game.

ok Personally i love this game all thought i'm stuck on the spectral keeper (i think thats the one) right now i'm back in the calm lands training my rump off trying to get good enough (with enough hypello potions) to be able to obtain berserk ward on tidus auron and prob yuna

I really enjoyed this game! I liked the bosses in this game. The music was amazing and the storyline was epic! One Battle I will never forget was the battle against seymore in the snow mountain place lol :P I'm sad that I can't play it no more because its too scratched :(

LOVE IT

my second favourite FF game! The story was amazing and caught me by surprise and each and every character was lovable! Wakka annoyed me at first but i even grew to love him!

plus Blitzball... only the coolest thing ever!

loved it!

i never really thought about it until now,
but i honestly think my favorite part of the game is...
the music!
:awesome:

now i dont want that to take away from the rest of the game;
cause almost every single aspect of the game was awesome, i thought.

but i'd have to say out of all the FF games i've played-
this one had my favorite soundtrack.

I love this game! I think it is my second favourite, with FFVIII on top. Btw, I am now at Zanarkand ruins, one of the last places. This game has an amazing storyline. But one thing that makes me find this game great is the places. almost every single place is beautiful, like Mi'ihen Highroad, Mushroom Highroad, etc. Some areas have Asian feel to them, like Besaid town, which I also like.

Battle system is gold. I tend to get careless in ATB systems. But CTB is great. The fact that you can switch characters in battles is also very good because I hate wasting time rearranging party members in save points like in the previous games.

Most of the soundtrack is beautiful too. Zanarkand, Suteki da ne and its variations, etc.

There are some flaws though. Absence of world map, very late access to airship, inconsitencies in character development, annoying characters (Tidus and Wakka).

I haven't played X-2, but I fear that it will ruin everything, as it has been said since it was released...

Back