FFVIII - Worth Getting?

I havent played you see is ah hard game to get by buying it .

and if you try to play in and emulator is supposed to be illegal but even so
i has gotten ah security patch so that make´s it interesting for me so i would say yes
i would love to play it when i get the patch

The junction system...

Drawing magic...

Triple Triad...

There's a reason the first two were removed later on and Triple Triad was fixed for IX.

uh-huh, that's right T^T
I sooo wanna buy it again, unfortunately, they don't have any of FF8 here T^T

I just missed all of its single part :cry:

Yes worth getting. Best FF, and perhaps best none-online game I've ever played.

Everyone please remember that this is a post count section. Try and put a bit more effort into your posts. One-liners are considered spam and are not allowed in post count sections. Thank you.

Well, if you like the genre, I guess you should get it. I thought it was the worst of the "Playstation I-era". Perhaps some of it was because I still remember waiting for weeks to get my hands on that game, and then after playing it I found it lackluster. Perhaps the anticipation got to me. Here's some reasons why I didn't like it:

1)It's too damn easy! Honestly, besides the overthetop enemies that exist in all FF games (weapons), I think I got myself wiped out like once or twice through the ENTIRE GAME. I've never really intentionally exp whored in any game I play either.

2)I thought the story sucks ass. Sitting through a cute little love story with dislikable characters that you actually wish would get mauled by Seifer is....well, selfdefeating.

3)Card game introduction was in this one. I don't really mind the card games in some sense, but in the end it just became just a boring and tedious grinding part of the game where you grind for the sake of grinding for some item/whatnot

4)Magic in general. The draw system/junction stuff was kind of neato at start, but when you find yourself in some battle, drawing magic for 10 minutes in a row simply because there isn't that particular magic elsewhere, it's again just grinding for the sake of grinding. Like Ultima or Aura. This doesn't really differ from rare steals in other games, which are kind of similar.

Those were the things that kind of annoyed me. I still liked it though, and don't regret playing it. But...in my opinion, it's the weakest of 7, 8 and 9. Then again, it's been almost a decade since I played it so who knows, perhaps I'm just plain wrong :D

Hello dear users i am new and joined to express my feelings of like/hate for this game:
Let me make it clear that i don't think its the worse game ever,but there are factors in it that are very annoying.

1:The junction system:The way its built in can slow down the pace of the game that it will immediately turn off the game because it really tests your patience.
I heard once that the junction system can be either very brokenly easy or really hard depending if you have the patience to master it and get every spell needed.

2:Edea's dialogue is very predicteable and she makes no attempt to hide that she is evil.I also did not like seifer's reasonings either and felt he was just doing it to get back at squall.

3:I felt as if squall was a bit of a introvert.He is anti social because he doesn't trust anyone and due to that the team continuously wants him to share his feelings but he is unwilling to cooperate.I liked the character and understood it.

Overall:I would say that this game is not for everybody.Its not a bad game but it does have some issues in pacing and gameplay.

Hello dear users i am new and joined to express my feelings of like/hate for this game:
Let me make it clear that i don't think its the worse game ever,but there are factors in it that are very annoying.

1:The junction system:The way its built in can slow down the pace of the game that it will immediately turn off the game because it really tests your patience.
I heard once that the junction system can be either very brokenly easy or really hard depending if you have the patience to master it and get every spell needed.

2:Edea's dialogue is very predicteable and she makes no attempt to hide that she is evil.I also did not like seifer's reasonings either and felt he was just doing it to get back at squall.

3:I felt as if squall was a bit of a introvert.He is anti social because he doesn't trust anyone and due to that the team continuously wants him to share his feelings but he is unwilling to cooperate.I liked the character and understood it.

Overall:I would say that this game is not for everybody.Its not a bad game but it does have some issues in pacing and gameplay.

I know it's your opinion, but just a question, have you finished the game? You can choose not to read the spoiler tag if you haven't finished the game.

SPOILER ALERT
Because Edea isn't even evil. There's a plot twist and she was fully possessed all along. She's actually a kind hearted and gentle woman controlled by a super evil sorceress, Ultimecia.

and that's really something unpredictable about Edea I will say.

and secondly,
Both Seifer and Squall will undergo some character developments. Squall becomes less emo and Seifer realises that he was a fool.

I only agree about the junctioning system being annoying though. But I kind of like it. Different people have different opinions on it, so I won't say anything.

But then again, I guess the game isn't for everybody, like you said :(

Piggybacking off of what Cid said.

1. The junction system isn't that difficult to figure out. You don't even need every spell to use it. It would help if you leveled up your stats but it'a simple. It's like equipping armor that affects your stats, only it's equipping magic. Now drawing magic to get it or playing to get and refine magic for the system is understandable. The system itself can be confusing at first but I guess it depends like you said.

2. Edea has many unpredictable qualities if you played through the game ^_^ She's not even the main threat of the game :hmmm:

3. Yes Squall is introverted but that's what character development is for :P I liked him before during and after character development. He's awesome sauce xD

Yea you are so right that this game isn't for everybody but you should play all the way through the game to get a full sense of the storyline and experience when the real crap starts happening xDDD

In my opinion this game is worth getting if you're looking to kill loads of time. It's a decent game and sure it may have its faults(What game doesn't?) but it's a really good play! ^_^

It was my first final fantasy game and I LOVED it, but I do think it was worth for its time, it wouldn`t suite for nowadays tastes. As far as I now, it is not even easy to get a copy of FFVIII: I have been serching for it, but in this damned island is not possible to find it, I do doubt it has ever existed here!

I think this game is worth every dime, penny and cent you could spend on it, which is more than I can say about a lot of contemporary games and some of the other FFs (I'm looking at you, FFX-2)--and it's 12 frickin' years old.

Yes, it's slow-paced; some people actually like that, if you're not one of them, that's your problem, not the game's.
Yes, it's far from a perfect plotline; well you know what, there's people out there who will say the same about other FFs. Subjective stuff, this.

About the junction system... Frankly, every time I hear someone complain about it, they either haven't had the patience to actually use it a little or they're just being absolutely lazy. Sadly, I find that 50% of today's gamers are lazy. Anyhow, the junction system is really not THAT difficult to learn. Like Oli already said, you really don't need every spell. Hell I usually go through the game with half of my spell roster empty.

Also, it's not any more broken than other FF's systems. EVERY leveling and power-system in every FF can become broken once you've mastered it enough. No exceptions.

Edea isn't as predictable as you'd think. There's far bigger fish to fry in this game than Edea. There's a force behind her that really is unashamedly evil and damn does it enjoy it. But Edea herself, if anything, is a completely different story...

I love how everyone just jumps the gun and goes with the interpretation of Squall that the game wants you to THINK is true. Yes he's a bit of an ass in the beginning but the more you play the more you understand the little sucker better and see that he's slowly changing. I always thought he was great because he's an almost perfect reflection of how a lot of teenagers are: they think they know what they're doing but in fact they know squat and it takes being hit in the face by life and reality to start growing up. It's subtle and it's frickin' genius, if you ask me.

The same goes for Seifer. He's probably the closest thing FF's ever done to make a villain resemble a bona fide human being who turns to evil because he doesn't know any better or doesn't understand squat about what he's doing and what effects his convictions have in real life. That's very human and if you ask me, pretty darn scary exactly because it's human.

FF8 has the quality in that in the main characters, you can sometimes see a painfully real reflection of how people are in real life, and some people can't handle that uncanny valley thing.

Definitely! Some of FF's best music is in there, and the characters have some of the deepest character development in the series. While it's battle system is a bit confusing, many people like it.

Is Final Fantasy VIII worth getting?

... This is an offensive question, but my passion for the game will make me step forward and promote its greatness to the world!!! :awesome:

So the question is...

- Do you want an epic storyline?
- Do you want to experience a love story that can survives through time and space (literally...)?
- Do you want many hours of continuous gameplay?
- Do you want to see beautiful cut scenes?
- Do you want to love and adore the characters?
- Do you want to be captivated by the appealing soundtrack?
- Do you like the freedom to explore a new world?

Well?! If you said yes to any of the above, then this is the game for you.
Like any RPG of course you have to put work into it. By work I mean levelling up, junctioning and drawing magic in the case of this game.
I'm not going to lie, it can get tedious, but it's worth it. Put on some of your favourite tunes and blast them out while you do this and then even that can be enjoyable haha.

This game is seriously epic. It may be old and the gameplay graphics are outdated but the magic of FF manages to make you see past that.

Is it worth getting? I can sum up my post in one word.

YES!

So the question is...

- Do you want an epic storyline?
- Do you want to experience a love story that can survives through time and space (literally...)?
- Do you want many hours of continuous gameplay?
- Do you want to see beautiful cut scenes?
- Do you want to love and adore the characters?
- Do you want to be captivated by the appealing soundtrack?
- Do you like the freedom to explore a new world?

*Wipes tear from eye*
Yes. Yes I do. *Sniff*

Back