FFIV General Discussion

Holy crap I could never beat Zeromus at the end of the remake. He just kept dealing 9999 on everyone and raping them constantly. I had to use Action Replay just to beat him.

Sooo, I started this game up finally a few days ago. Playing the PS! version of FF Chronicles that's got FFIV and Chrono Trigger in it.

Game looks good, and that the story will be decent. The King early on seems like a dick-hole, but I guess he meets his fate later on judging how these games usually go. Doesn't look to tough, but I only have one powerful hitter so far in my battle team. I'm not a big fan of Magic Users, so I want a team of 2 good hitters, a healer, and maybe one black mage. Hopefully this turns out good down the road and the game gets me hooked soon.

There are a few points in where the game completely shits on you and gives you only magic users/bards and low-leveled ones at that. :8F:

I hate crap like that because then that jabs away at your MP like crazy, and I hate sitting there and using Ether's and such to replenish it. I would rather duke it out with physical force and attacks that don't use up anything,and then maybe a spell here or there to damage an enemy with Black Magic or Heal my character with White.

Hopefully the deeper I get into it, Kain and Cecil will be my 1-2 punch attack-wise, and the others can supplement with their Magic when rarely needed.

Ya never know with these older games though, kinda unpredictable what's coming up next or what you'll need in certain situations.

I'm stuck I need help....Classic situation of being stuck in an FF.

I need to be at a cave to recover Troia's crystal.....I'm up to the part when you get to ride the airship for the first time right after when
palom and prom turn crystal and then Kain demands Troia's crystal in exchange for Rosa
, I've been to Troia Castle to meet Edward who's given me the Twin Harp which I have no idea what to do with it......And I've spoken with the clerics who've told me to go to the cavern north east of Troia.

The problem is I went north east with the airship, I have seen a few places that seem to be accessible but I can't land the airship there as it's a forest.

But I'm sure it must'nt be the right place. :hmmm:

Any ideas where I'm meant to be going?

You have to get a chocobo for some reason. The chocobo forest is to the north of Troia. That's all I remember about it though so if you have any other questions you'll have to ask specifics to spark some memories.

I'm stuck I need help....Classic situation of being stuck in an FF.

I need to be at a cave to recover Troia's crystal.....I'm up to the part when you get to ride the airship for the first time right after when
palom and prom turn crystal and then Kain demands Troia's crystal in exchange for Rosa
, I've been to Troia Castle to meet Edward who's given me the Twin Harp which I have no idea what to do with it......And I've spoken with the clerics who've told me to go to the cavern north east of Troia.

The problem is I went north east with the airship, I have seen a few places that seem to be accessible but I can't land the airship there as it's a forest.

But I'm sure it must'nt be the right place. :hmmm:

Any ideas where I'm meant to be going?
From Troia Castle, go North and you should come across a small triangular patch, wander around and you should be taken into the forest. from there hitch a ride with the chocobo (use greens i think.).

use the chocobo to go to the same place you tried landing your airship on. :monster:

I love this game but I do remember a few frustrating parts. The funny thing is it was always me breaking the FF rules and not chatting up the locals :P
I got stuck at Tellah because I hadn't found Rosa in Kiapo. Didn't know to use a black chocobo to get to cave magnes. Went to cave magnes with out the harp and got owned repeatedly. Went to the cave with demon wall before going to the land of summoned monsters and got beat up because I was so under leveled from running through the game. I'm probably forgetting something else :)

I love FF IV. It was one of the first ones I played when I was younger. (Thanks to SNES emulators. xD)
I always got sad when I lost Yang but when I got Edge, I was pretty happy. Even happier when I got Kain back because he is my favorite character in the game. (Obviously! lol.)
My most hated boss, probably a toss between the Demon Wall and Wyvern. (That blasted Mega Flare!)
Favorite boss fight, and probably too like but oh well, is The Elemental Fiends. Just too much fun, minus the wind one. (Forget her name. xD)
I need to play this game again for sure. So I can finally beat it and not be stuck at Zeromus(sorry if I spelled it wrong.)

I love that they remade the game for DS... but DAMN, did they have to make it this hard? The original FF4 had a good bit of difficulty to it, but why did they have to ramp THAT difficulty up?

I never got the chance to play any other versions of IV, only the DS version, so unlike the above poster, I have nothing to compare it to. However, I do think that it's a pretty difficult game at times, although I really love it

It's one of my favorite games of all time. FF I is my favorite, but this one is second or third to Breath of Fire II. The music is absolutely incredible and it's one of my favorite stories ever, with the most awesome, colorful villains, amazing characters, and SPOONY BARDS.

Back