[FF IX] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

No. It would be best to leave the game alone and not change or add anything. Final Fantasy IX is prefect just the way it is. :kiss: Though I wouldn't mind a book or small novel explaining what the hell happened in the ending, since it's not really that clear. Just how did Zidane survive ? Why didn't he use a moogle to write a letter to Dagger saying that he was okay and on his way to Alexandria ? Did Vivi actually die ? Did Kuja die ? Explain game, Explain ! :ness:

Im thinking for a remake that has little bit more story to it for possible sequels or prequels just as long as those sequels aren't nomura-fied and I would like a bit of info on why the heck necron appeared to make everyones time on that game even harder

I think it would be wrong to remake this absolute classic. It deserves to remain in the history pages as an excellent Final Fantasy title. The feel it has left over other titles is considerable for me, as I loved every minute of it. The story itself was amazing and very gripping, and shouldn't be tampered with in any shape or form.

~ I want mail, Kupo!

The game still looks good, if they re-released it in HD so the pre-rendered backgrounds weren't pixelated to hell, I would be happy but thats all that is needed.

IX is completely wrapped up, there is no need to have a sequel or prequel at all, leave it be.
Exactly. A remake however wouldn't be so bad at all.

No. It would be best to leave the game alone and not change or add anything. Final Fantasy IX is prefect just the way it is. :kiss: Though I wouldn't mind a book or small novel explaining what the hell happened in the ending, since it's not really that clear. Just how did Zidane survive ? Why didn't he use a moogle to write a letter to Dagger saying that he was okay and on his way to Alexandria ? Did Vivi actually die ? Did Kuja die ? Explain game, Explain ! :ness:

Zidane is a romantic. He returns in the most Zidane way I can think of. The Kuja part I'd like to know as well. Although, with Vivi, I believe he would eventually die. Like all Black Mages, they "stop."

But I am sure if Zidane can essentially surf down the rabid roots of the Iifa tree, he could climb back out.

And as to the remake, I wouldn't mind. Make the characters a little less pixelized, and have new cinematic graphics. Bonus content revealing more about the story would be nice, and maybe a larger insight into Maiden Sari. There is a lot of obvious history in the game that would be interesting if revealed.

There are a few things that were bad:

1. Haste (self explanatory)

2. Thunder Slash (self explanatory)

3. Excallibur II run. Timer should stop during FMV's. The times should be adjusted for the PAL version.

4. Tetra master. Too random and have no connection to the game, except for that easy tournament. And it's supposedly impossible to reach the highest collector's level.

5. Frustrating minigames such as rope jumping should be removed.

6. Enemies. There were far too few kinds of enemies in many locations, which made levelling up very boring.

7. Ozma. This battle is mostly about luck. He can be very easy or incredibly hard, depending on what dice the game rolls.

I wouldn't mind seeing an HD remake, though I wouldn't buy it... They could improve the Trance mode... My characters' Trance was always activated during a menial battle, never during a boss battle. That's the only flaw I can think of, though.

As for a spin off... I think not. There's nothing more I need/want to know about the story or its characters, and nothing necessary they could add (as far as I know).

If they were to release anything 'extra,' they could release a large book about the making of the game, with concept art, and notes on the story, how it was developed, and what was omitted in the end (and why). That would be interesting!

Yeah, trance was a bit unbalanced. Zidane's and Amarant's were great, Steiner's was good but boring, some were horrible (like "cook").

Here's what they should do:

- Base it on damage instead of number of hits

- Change "cook" to "Double Blue Magic"
- Make "Eidolon" and "Jump" more powerful
- Change Steiner's trance to "Double Cut" (just to make it more interesting)

Remake, no. I feel like this (along with VIII) should be left alone!

Though I don't think this game should have a sequel, I do feel like the ending leaves it open for one.
We never actually find out what happens to Kuja! And that Necron guy said that he'll be back :P.

No, no, no!! FFIX is a perfect game, PS1 graphics and all! I would hate SE to sully the one remaining gem of the Squaresoft era.

I would like to see remastered version rather than a full remake; but I do believe one change should be in order.

Trance System: Change this so that a character doesn't go automatically into trance once the gauge is full. It can be a waste if a character trances right at the end of a battle.

Of course, if they should happen to remake it, then it better not be screwed up.

There's so much room for this game to have a remake/remastered version, plus spin offs and prequels, so YES I'd love to see anything done with this story so long as it's not terrible like DoC or AC movie! >_<

Like for example, there can be something about early Terra before the decline, or Sir Fratley's journey or the Bermicia war, or the Summoners story, or a sequel like The After Years! I wish this story got as much attention as the FFVII compilation did but without ruining it. :(

There's so much room for this game to have a remake/remastered version, plus spin offs and prequels, so YES I'd love to see anything done with this story so long as it's not terrible like DoC or AC movie! >_<

Like for example, there can be something about early Terra before the decline, or Sir Fratley's journey or the Bermicia war, or the Summoners story, or a sequel like The After Years! I wish this story got as much attention as the FFVII compilation did but without ruining it. :(

DoC wasnt all that bad... it was Vincents story and felt it was right to use his loner personality and AC was an awesome movie... but anyways FFVII had to answer questions where IX didnt have much of any so they made 2 more games and a movie

but i agree on fixing the trance in a remaster... thats all i want to see is a remaster cause IX was great... the graphics were awesome and all but i still would like to see it for PS3 with trophies

I think it would be interesting to update all older FFs with the PS3 graphics engine, or even better. But maybe retain the proportioned bodies of the characters and such. But just enhance the graphics so the experience can be even more tangible! Of course, I know this is not going to happen, but its just a crazy thought.

I would maybe be amused to see a spin off about the black mages. Perhaps have the red mages and white mages involved too, somehow. It can tell us the true story of the black mages. That they werent just some cloned experiment. That they were actually real mystical beings who possess magic and power stronger than most beings in that FF world :)

I could see a prequel being possible for this game, with the original Garland and Kuja story, the destruction of Madain Sari but I feel where the original story ends, you really can't continue with a spinoff sequel. A movie or a tv series of the actual game I think would do really well.

I'm not too fussed about a remake (no matter how awesome it may/may not be. That said, I would love to read the general plot of the sequal SquareSoft dropped for this game. Even if it's just a papered general outline, it would be nice to see what they considered.

In truth though, I don't think any spin off or sequal would do this particular game any good. It's up there (largely unspoken) in the gaming industry, it's a damn good game. I see no reason to risk tainting that with anything else set in the FFIX universe.

How about FFIX - Kuja's Redemption! The story after FFIX, just like Advent Children from FFVII.

I would like to see Kuja's turning good, somehow got rid of his madness and decided to accept his fate as human. Of course, a whole hand full of new villains, characters and some magic involved.
I am up for a remake as well, on PS3 would do just fine.:monster:

I agree!! I would love to see Kuja team up with Zidane and Dagger on a new journey, maybe to find a way to revive the black mages or keep them alive for longer. Just an idea. And a ps3 remake would be awesome!! add trophies and updated HD graphics along with some new places and enemies or an extra "episode" after the main game is over, kinda like a epilogue.

I don't think that FFIX necessarily needs a sequel or spin-off since I felt satisfied with the ending, but some of the posters here have mentioned a few pretty neat ideas! xD I suppose an HD remake with some added touches and fixes (ex. trance, battle speed) would be nice && I probably would support it since I'm such a FFIX fan. :p But I think it'd be best if extra content for FFIX took the form of a novel or maybe even a manga mini-series! That'd be pretty nice! :3

I doubt that Square-Enix is ever gonna look back at FFIX and aim to "milk" it though. The game did so successful (although it's highly underrated) that there's really no profit-motive for them. ^^;

I wouldn't mind a remake of the game. Not a compelte one, but one that just refines the graphics. maybe a remaster. but then again the CGi looked really off, so maybe a complete remake would work.

Back