Favourite GF?

Am I going to have to slap you? There's no DoomTrain on the list, when my characters became strong enough, I didn't feel I needed most of the summons later on in the game,a ctually about midway through the game. DoomTrain was always worthy to call in with his nasty status attacks, he is probably the only GF that is useful on every enemy in the game. + DoomTrains special abilities were AWESOME.

Am I going to have to slap you? There's no DoomTrain on the list, when my characters became strong enough, I didn't feel I needed most of the summons later on in the game,a ctually about midway through the game. DoomTrain was always worthy to call in with his nasty status attacks, he is probably the only GF that is useful on every enemy in the game. + DoomTrains special abilities were AWESOME.

Eden breaks the damage limit. DoomTrain is only useful for Meltdown.

Hence - Eden.

I picked in the poll are Bahamut, Diablos and Eden because they are strong GF in the game and also hard to get for people who are not so good in playing.

But my favorite GF is Bahamut not only in FFVIII but to all Final Fantasy games, because of its different forms and attacks.

Either Quezacoatl or Shiva.

Laguna of Galbadia

Please try and put in a bit more effort into this post please, as short one-liners in post count sections such as this are generally considered spam and may be deleted so for this very reason. Try and qualify such posts like this with some reasons for example and expand on them a little. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was Quezacoatl followed by Carbuncle and Alexander. Quezacoatl because he was there throughout the game, no other reason really xD Carbuncle because I loved its design and Alexander because I really liked the opening sequence :)

I quite like Brothers. Even now, I find the whole attack sequence amusing; you'd think they would have included a little variety in the programming so the bigger one could actually WIN once in a while. I just find it funny that he looks so shocked every time he loses. xD

WHERE IS GRIEVER? DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

Seriously. I just used GF back at the beginning when the going was rough and there were little junction abilities on the GFs and crappy magic to junction. Otherwise, I stopped using GF a whole lot ago. I've never actually seen Eden's summoning sequence, nor Bahamut's and Tonberry's. I use them solely for stat junctioning and refining things into magic suitable for junctioning.

If I had to choose, I'd choose Griever because he's plainly awesome and, just so that the battle would be actually possible, his Shockwave Pulsar doesn't take a whole lot of damage enough to fucking overkill your party. Not to mention that he is regarded as the strongest GF by Squall and NOT something that is just on his mind.

I love Tonberry King! I used to get hella mad when those little bastards stuck me for 9999 damage, so it was satisfying to see him return the favor to the bad guys.

Jumbo Cactuar was my second favorite 'cause he had a sweet 'satche.

On a side note, these two Guardian Forces saved FFVIII for me. I wasn't having a good time, until I ran into these two.

Diablos because of No-Enc (Thats his right?). My god helps a bunch in not leveling.

What do you mean by that? He has an ability that keeps you from fighting enemies? I forgot.

Yep. Stops all random encounters. First thing you should learn in FFVIII when you get the chance as it saves a lot of time if you are planning on maxing stats, like you should :)

I really liked Shiva! Her design and the animation were both amazing - without meaning it as a pun, very 'cool.' Shiva was also my most powerful GF. She worked well with Squall and if ever I ran into trouble, I just had to call her into the battlefield. :)

Please remember this is a post count section. Try and expand as much as possible on your posts. Give reasons why a certain GF is your favorite. Thanks.

Yep. Stops all random encounters. First thing you should learn in FFVIII when you get the chance as it saves a lot of time if you are planning on maxing stats, like you should :)

I voted for Diablos as well. He looks awesome, has a sweet attack name (Dark Messenger) and awesome abilities. And No Encounters was also helpful for trying to find PuPu.

I think there are better GFs than him, but they weren't on the list :( Namely, Odin and the Ultimate GF, Griever!

Ifrit is the one, the first GF and the baddest. He roXx0r my b0xXorZ.

Ifrit isn't the first on FFVIII, sure he's the first you obtain but Quezacotl and Shiva are the first GFs... :whistle:

I voted for Diablos as well. He looks awesome, has a sweet attack name (Dark Messenger) and awesome abilities. And No Encounters was also helpful for trying to find PuPu.

I think there are better GFs than him, but they weren't on the list :( Namely, Odin and the Ultimate GF, Griever!

I based my decision purely on Diablos' usefulness. He is by far the most useful GF in terms of abilities.

Back