Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
This thread is to post your favorite intro from the Final Fantasy series. A poll will be displayed with all the intros from the Final Fantasy series. Please choose wisely before voting.

Good thread!

This was tricky as I've loved the opening scenes for many Final Fantasy games.

Final Fantasy VII has the iconic bombing mission. I love every minute of that sequence, and I can't wait to see it in the remake.

However, I had to vote for Final Fantasy IX. I replayed the opening sequences more times than I could count... By opening I mean everything up to Evil Forest. The way it introduces a good portion of the game's characters and then cleverly sees their paths cross in a little comedy of errors is pure genius. The kidnapping staged as a theatrical performance. The sword fight mini-game. Steiner being Steiner. Exploring Alexandria as Vivi slightly earlier...

Being fun and entertaining, it does a great job at introducing one of the game's main cities in a way which made it seem lively and cultured, yet it also set the stage for the game's plot and tone early on in a way which didn't feel (to me) forced.

I'm a bit bias I think! But I completely agree with Dionysos on this one! The entirety of FFIX's beginning, from the opening sequence up till the Evil Forest, is a really great introduction to this game. First impressions are everything and I really think that this does an excellent job executing that! It's funny because I've watched the opening sooo many times as well.
It's a small insignificant part, but I also really appreciated being able to see Zidane walking through the Prima Vista's windows from the outside view when you watch the opening video.

A lot of these games are beautiful in their own right though. I'm bias to IX because it's always been my baby since I was really young, but I really appreciated a lot of these other games!

Pfft, I accidentally voted 9 but I mean 8. Something special about that school.

Mmmm. I like this thread haha very good one indeed. Wow, since I played FF7 and after....I have to say I most loved FF8. The music, the scenes...everything about it felt touching. I also loved FFX-2 haha yes I know. I remember when I first heard it yoooo, I could not stop playing it. It was like a beautiful music video that made me attached to my seat. FF8 for being the most emotional and FFX-2 for being excited but FF8 wins! Like the above poster mentions, something special about that school and the fight between Squall and Seifer also Rinoa along with the background music!

I forgot what FFXIII and FFXV opening intros were like and that's bad, maybe just didn't have a strong impact on me like the others.

Voted for FF9 IF the play counts because it's just so fun. If it doesn't count then FF8.

This was a toughie, both my favourites are actually not listed in the poll so I just went for 'Other' 😂. It's a toss up between Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core for me, the music and feels in both these openings make me tear up every time! Inevitably I'm going with Fantasy VII Crisis Core since this title also has a nostalgic aspect for me, besides "SOLDIER 2nd Class Zack, on the job!" is pure win :boogie:

I actually voted for Final Fantasy X, if we're talking beyond the openning CGI cutscene (So basicallly the first area of the game) I think X's openning it Zanarkand is phenomenal!

One my of favourite moments of the game is where you're walking down the empty higway of Zanarkand with the commentary from the sports announcer - If anyone says Final Fantasy X doesn't have good voice acting, listen to that! It's such a wonderful build up to feel how impactful the Bulztball game is on the city that even the streets are empty and the biggest celebrity can walk by.

Then you have the CGI Opening... which of course just epic, I don't generally like vocalists which the Otherworld theme features, but it works great for this introduction.

Then we cut to the gameplay, which is really intense and features so much interactivity within the bttle screen - I love how Tidus and Auron CUT THROUGH waves of enemies and slice that battery... THING to crash the bridge (Enviroment features being something they need to bing back into battle systems).

It's just a great opening in every aspect and I enjoy it every time.

I have to go with FFX on this one (though I love FFVIII's as well). It was just so different from what I was expecting and the Otherworld theme got me pumped up!

It was also the second Final Fantasy game I ever played (after FFVIII) so the graphics were really impressive at the time.

That, and Auron's character intriguing me from the start. He quickly became one of my favourites in the game.

I'm not sure if by intro you mean just the opening scenes or if it includes the introductory portions where you control the characters as well. If it's the latter, I'm going to go with IX. I really enjoyed the opening and especially the swordfight with Blank. If we're talking just the beginning scenes, it's tough but probably XII. I thought the opening scenes were an exciting beginning to the story.

I'm not sure if by intro you mean just the opening scenes or if it includes the introductory portions where you control the characters as well. If it's the latter, I'm going to go with IX. I really enjoyed the opening and especially the swordfight with Blank. If we're talking just the beginning scenes, it's tough but probably XII. I thought the opening scenes were an exciting beginning to the story.
By intro I mean the opening scene at the start of the game, not the scenes that occurs throughout the game. Make sure to choose your intro wisely before voting.

Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite intro because of how intense it is, witnessing the rivalry between Seifer and Squall in such epic proportion. I was blown away as kid when I first witnessed it.

X, with VIII as a close second.
The music of the series is greatly important to me and as a musician was very influential in my earliest years learning music theory and notation. Though my terminology is pretty hazy in my memory as it has been some years, I partially learned how to approach sound from the soundtracks of the games and learning how to play select songs from the series as I got older. So while FFVIII has a more traditional and orchestral opening, the blues and rock influence slipping into Otherworld from X was something that I was like: "I gotta learn how this is written."

Back