What do you think of emos?

• Emos should stop talking about suicide and do it

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • ZOMG emo boys r cute!!1!

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I don't care, they'll tire of cutting themselves eventually

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters
It depends, really. I don't mind the ones who like the so-called emo clothes, music, etc. I bloody hates the ones who use stuff like depression as a fashion trend and all that nonsense.

My college looks like everyone raided a charity shop/thrift store.
Looks fucking ridiculous.

And I'm the one everyone gives funny looks because I dress plainly and have long hair?

Emo: Where boys dress like girls and girls dress like dykes.

That's about the jist of it if you ask me. On their myspaces people make themselves out to be all emotional and reflective/troubled/deep but I know them in real life and they are just attention-seeking individuals who say that they don't care what people think of them, yet they are OH SO DESPERATE for us to know that they have real and meaningful thoughts and feelings, so they slit their wrists because NOBODY understands them. But, like they keep reminding you, they don't care what anyone thinks of them anyway, and they prove this to you by cross-dressing, and by doing so becoming accepted by other emos. Not that they care, mind you.

Personally, I find this thread extremely offensive. Not all emos are the same. I'm very good friends with people who are labeled "emo"...emo is another damn stereotype that people give. My friends don't cut themselves or think about suicide...people should stop stereotyping them...hell, I should go emo for a day and see what people do! It's just not fair to dis people who are emo...

Personally, I find this thread extremely offensive. Not all emos are the same. I'm very good friends with people who are labeled "emo"...emo is another damn stereotype that people give. My friends don't cut themselves or think about suicide...people should stop stereotyping them...hell, I should go emo for a day and see what people do! It's just not fair to dis people who are emo...

You say this like people are born emo. People choose to be like this, and sure, not all emos are as extreme as others, but considering that the term 'emo' is used to describe certain type of people, then it is something that is generalised. So, for the most part, emos ARE the same, in a way. If somebody doesnt listen to emo music or dress in their little sister's clothes or cut themselves or any of the other classifications, then they aren't emo, are they.

Saying that, I'm not implying that some can't be nice people or whatever, it's just their 'culture' that is so damn annoying. But sometimes they do act annoyingly if they are more extreme about it. And some of them are just plain irritating anyway.

Last edited:
The hair is what gets me... They flip it aside every other minute, but it ALWAYS falls back in the same place... JUST HACK IT OFF!!

Yeah, they still are...they don't have siblings...they wear their own clothes that they buy...not women's clothes either. So their pants are a little tighter than people would usually wear, who cares? Why should anyone else matter what they wear and what they do? You don't have to cut yourself to be emo...that's the issue with people and stereotyping...

I don not care. Lol.

I mean if they are seriously cutting themselves and abusing their own bodies then let them do it. None of my buisness, eh.

But, I do like the ones who just do the Emo Look. Fucking sexy as hell. ^_^!

Emos are the same. It's a trend, if you hadn't noticed. And what does being trendy require? Being the same.

If you went emo for a day, people would probably tell you to grow the hell up.

Yeah, they still are...they don't have siblings...they wear their own clothes that they buy...not women's clothes either. So their pants are a little tighter than people would usually wear, who cares? Why should anyone else matter what they wear and what they do? You don't have to cut yourself to be emo...that's the issue with people and stereotyping...

Well, I seem to recall that Hot Topic started selling skin tight, stretch jeans for the sole purpose of guys not having to buy chick jeans. Actually, when they came out it said something to the effect of "now you don't have to borrow your sister's pants!" on their website. So um, yeah.

As for the style, it looks stupid but I don't care that much about it. The problem is their attitudes. They've made being depressed, self-centered and whiny into a trend. All of a sudden it's cool to bitch and moan about how terrible your nice middle-class life is, to cut yourself (yes, it's part of the trend, no matter how much you try to deny it), write crappy knock-offs of Edgar Allen Poe (who has more talent in his pinky than all the emos in the world) and to listen to talentless music that repeats the same whiny themes of "BAAAAWWWWWW MY HIGHSCHOOL CRUSH DOESNT LIEK ME!" and "BAAAAWWWWW IM SO MISUNDERSTOOD LIFE IS SO HARD!"

Emos need to grow the fuck up. There's nothing more self-centered than crying about small issues in your little bubble of a world when there are other people out there going through WAY worse and they don't complain half as much. Suck it up. Things don't always go the way we want them, sometimes things are unfair or hard, that's life. You're here, so instead of being an attention whore and trying to get people to pity you, maybe you should try to ENJOY life so you can be happier and don't piss off people with your pathetic nihilistic attitude.

That is really an insulting thing to say....still, not all people are the same....you don't have to cut your wrists to be emo. And you don't have to whine about crap to be emo...my friends didn't go emo to whine about not getting girls or anything like that, they went emo because they wanted to be left alone....minus the one who went emo a week after his mother died in a car crash...you should really think over your insulting comments before just blatently slamming them out at people....

That is really an insulting thing to say

BAAAAWWWWWWW!

....still, not all people are the same....you don't have to cut your wrists to be emo. And you don't have to whine about crap to be emo...my friends didn't go emo to whine about not getting girls or anything like that, they went emo because they wanted to be left alone....minus the one who went emo a week after his mother died in a car crash...you should really think over your insulting comments before just blatently slamming them out at people....

They went emo because they wanted to be left alone? Um, HELLO?! Are you that oblivious? Have you ever walked into a Hot Topic? Emo is a trend now, just by very definition that makes it attention-seeking. The people with REAL issues, the ones who WANT to be left alone, don't go dressing in Hot Topic shit to draw attention, they hide their cuts, and generally try NOT to whine about their problems because they don't want people knowing.

Besides, if your friends really DID go emo to be left alone (which I don't believe for a second), then that was a pretty frigging stupid idea on their part.

I think emos are idiots for 2 reasons:

1) If they cut themselves as a trend. You'd need to be really stupid to succumb to that.

2) If they think that cutting is the only way out of a problem.

They went emo before the damn trend started...they've been emo for almost as long as we've been friends...and kindly don't flame me by calling me "oblivious"...you don't know my friends, I do...honestly, it's insulting to be rude about people you don't actually even know...

The whole point of being annoyed or otherwise irritated with an "emo" is the dislike for the general contradictions that they give themselves. I don't see it as stereotyping - you're one of those emo's if you have the whole package of the appearance and the "oh my god everyone hates me" / "i don't care what people think." Much likes chavs and neds - you're not a ned just because you listen to rave/disco/dance music, or just because you wear trackie bottoms, but you generally ARE if you talk, look, sound and act like one. There's no stereotyping in that if you're clearly branding yourself with a name.

They went emo before the damn trend started...they've been emo for almost as long as we've been friends...

How can one be that which exists before it even exists? Does not compute.

and kindly don't flame me by calling me "oblivious"...you don't know my friends, I do...honestly, it's insulting to be rude about people you don't actually even know...

I am merely stating you appear to be oblivious to the fact that emo is a whiny, bitchy, self-centered trend *shrugs*

So it's insulting to be rude about people I don't know? Hrmm...let me think. They're not productive members of society, emos are nihilistic, useless teenagers living nice suburban lives who think life is shit just because their high school crush doesn't like them or because daddy didn't buy them a new 360. There are three ways for the emo trend to end:

1. People grow up and realize how stupid they were
2. They stay emo and mom and dad kick them out of the house at 18 because they can't get jobs anywhere but Hot Topic.
3. Emos all kill themselves (which is my favorite)

Now that is just plain cruel. Saying all emos should die, because they're being who they want to be? You know, as I've said so many times to you because you're being the oblivious one, not all emos are the same. My friends know they're emo, they don't care. They're the emos that are trying to get rid of the lame claimings that all emos cut themselves and whine how they don't have perfect lives. Not all emos are perfect middle class suberban kids either....

They went emo before the damn trend started...they've been emo for almost as long as we've been friends...and kindly don't flame me by calling me "oblivious"...you don't know my friends, I do...honestly, it's insulting to be rude about people you don't actually even know...

You're 15 and how old are your friends? Wait so they were emos back in the late 70s? You know the rise of emos again was started around in 2001. I doubt your friends didn't even care what they were wearing when they were 9-11 years old.

VR can come off harshly but he's basically saying that you haven't noticed what they're selling in Hot Topic.

That is really an insulting thing to say....still, not all people are the same....you don't have to cut your wrists to be emo. And you don't have to whine about crap to be emo...my friends didn't go emo to whine about not getting girls or anything like that, they went emo because they wanted to be left alone....minus the one who went emo a week after his mother died in a car crash...you should really think over your insulting comments before just blatently slamming them out at people....

Zeria... You don't need to get offended by these arguments and these statements. If you feel offended about the debate then do not even bother looking at the thread.

We all have problems. Emos just tend to take things out of proportion and make a huge deal about it. Yes some emos do have a good reason to go emo like a sudden death in the family, or they have cancer, something along the lines. That is a major issue but you have to let go of the past and move on. People have more respect for person when they over come their problems, leave the past behind them, and become successful. Emos are disrespected by society because they act rather selfish and still sulk in the past. It's just many people do not like for emos being attention whores, and making a big deal about a problem.

Back