Multiple Platforms Dragons Dogma

That Ur-Dragon challenge sounds fucking amazing! 8( I'm impressed with the games take on online gameplay. At first I was dissapointed without co-op, but they are making it more than interesting!

I am so looking forward to this game!!!! I have it pre-ordered ready to go and will be there early to pick up my copy so I can enjoy a day with the game as I am always busy to be honest. The Ur-Dragon challenge sounds great as someone had stated above, the game is just shaping up nicely and I can not wait to play it and talk with my friends seeing what we did differently with the quests.

[h=1]Dragon’s Dogma director details quests, information[/h] Dragon’s Dogma director Hideaki Itsuno has detailed how quests and information from NPCs in the game will come to you, detailing how you pretty much don’t have to break your back to go out and find it.

More details can be found on the blog at Unity. RPG’s out next week for PS3, 360 and PC.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/14/dragons-dogma-director-details-quests-information/

Dragon's Dogma comes out tomorrow

May 22nd...

http://vgreleases.com/PS3/ReleaseDate-846251.aspx

If anyone gets this please post your first initial impressions in this forum for those of us who intend to get it at a future date.

According to some sites there is on disc dlc on the game that has disheartened some fans to the extent they have cancelled their orders for the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626515-dragons-dogma

I am against on disc dlc but I feel the game appears to be too good to boycott.Top of the line rpgs are few and far in between these days.

I was so excited for this game, but hearing about this on-disc DLC was the deal-breaker for me. I shouldn't have to pay more right after buying the game. Or let's put it this way. I shouldn't have to pay more than $60.00 in order to get a completely satisfying gaming experience. Sure, I don't have to buy the dlc, but that's not the point.

They said that they are in the "process of re-evaluating how such additional game content is delivered in the future"... Yeah. I guess we'll see about that.

I have no doubt that this game is going to be good though. It looks promising, and I believe that credit should be given when it's due. But it's unfortunate that they decided to go down this flawed business practice, which in turn makes a lot of consumers unhappy and regrettably places a shadow of gloom over the title. Understandably so, at that. These overbearing DLCs are getting out of control, and they are putting too much weight on making money rather than add value to a title. If can they can just lay the profit-schemes aside and focus on the quality of their game and ensure that it gets delivered to the fans in the best possible way (yes, I still believe that 'best' doesn't always equate to 'for-profit' scenarios), then we have ourselves a winner here.

With that, I'm very disappointed, but I also can't say that I didn't expect something like this to occur.

yeah, the prices of games is just too much nowdays for them not to be a sure deal. especially when it's actually legal to sell incomplete products the way Square Enix has done.

but that's why i use gamefly. sure, i wont get a game on the week that it releases most of the time, but paying 12-23$ a month to keep any 1-2 game(s) (accordingly) in their expansive collection for as long as you like is a pretty damn good deal.

True Mitsuki

however what choices do we have ?
Not much.
Here's a list of games coming out this year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Upcoming_video_games_scheduled_for_2012

Not much is there and not much in the way of rpgs if you are an rpg fan like I am.

The dlc content supposedly is inexpensive, around $5 or so I have read at least for the initial release of dlc.

So I am not in favor of the practice I need my rpg fix and this seems one of the few ways to fill it.

The DLC at this point, bar a $1.99 mission, is all optional junk. Extra rift crystals, early access to some female armor, etc.. :hmmm:

I've played it for a few hours tonight and am honestly enjoying it, the combat is nice, but it is very easy to wonder into an area that is far above your level. Were it not for the pawns' chatter, I may have been lost at many points so far as there is no quest log for storyline quests that I have found.

The customization is very deep and the exchange of pawns amongst other players is very fluid and well meshed. So fluent with the game, if you were unaware you were online, it may be very easy to not notice you were at all.

Graphics are stunning for it's style of game, game play is exceptional, AI is actually intelligent (surprisingly), though I am unsure of the storyline as I'm not yet that far. Worth the price thus far.

The part about wandering into areas where the enemies are too strong seems to be correct according to what other boards say.

There's no easy mode apparently.
So save often.
At roughly $60 USD it's a bit pricey for me right now.
Maybe in a week or two.

Pockets send me a pm and let me know how I can help you with your game.
I will read your posts about FFF when I have time tonight.

I dinnae need help, as I thoroughly enjoy the challenge! Just know not everyone does, so it is a nice flag to raise for those who read these things. :ryan:

Also, I'm loving this pawn shit. Even when I'm offline, they're off with other players making my money (and items). :ohoho:

Im loving dragons dogma :ohoho: 3rd playthrough this time as a sorcerer (was a magick hunter for 1st and ranger for 2nd play) and lemme tell ya Ur dragon is very brutal even at lvl 72 its a challenge to survive :sad3: pawns dont yet have the brains to dodge fire well and use magic hes weak against but whatever

:griin: as far as the pawn system goes i love it, my pawn alone is a one-woman army of destruction and iron skin such a beastly warrior i made named Lucy

However i am curious to see if adding peeps to my friends list would allow them to hire my pawn for free :wacky: alvl 99 pawn for me cost 1mil rift crystals lulz

*after the 2nd ur dragon died i received a sweet mage staff called Volant white with a magic stat of 603 a few ferrystones and wakestones along with some bags of gold totally worth the 5hrs of pounding on the ur dragon i say :griin: might change to mage and give the staff a whirl :wacky:

the end game dungeon is prolly my favorite place in game tbh

im very happy with this game and the way it turned out :griin:

Last edited:
You can rent your friends' pawns for free. I'm a level 81 (pawn of equal level) and my level 6 friend could hire my pawn for free. For the sake of helping friends, I'm always lugging their pawns around, who are half my level or below. Could do a lot better, but meh. :hmmm:

still waiting for gamefly to send me a copy, wanna play it sooo bad :(

to be honest, i am really surprised this game was not as good as I was expecting. Based purely off of the demo, the game seemed legit as hell. I couldn't believe it when companies were rolling out 7s for this game when I thought that it would be a definite 10.

its not to say the game isn't without merit... but I was expecting to do a lot more dragon slaying. You know, rather than getting ganked by a bunch of wolves or harpies in the middle of the night.

Oh, the dragon ass whoopin's are coming. Go venture through devilfire valley or whatever it's called, south-west from the encampment.

Well I completed Dragons Dogma recently after investing I think a good 100 hours or so into it, I hadn't gone to every area of the map and i didn't do a lot of the misc quests which are like slay 40 crows or stuff like that. The game is great and the difficulty spike gets pretty steep once you hit a certain point in the story. It literally takes all the monsters you struggled on and litters them around the world to make it a constant insanity mode trying to reach civilisation.

The bad news is that if you new game plus....you keep all your items yes but the monsters will be their original beginning of the game levels in which you can destroy them all in like one hit....till obviously you go through all the sections of story again.

The story is generic and is barely touched upon, the twists in the end are very surprising and well worth making your way to. The best bit is the amazing last boss fight, it was really well done and it just made it all feel epic. I did not notice many glitches besides the most obvious bad lip syncing. Besides that, the game is solid fun, challenging and worth it's weight for the retail price. My friend has downloaded all the current quest expansions but he said to me they aint overly critical to story or whatever...they are just quests like fetch this...kill that etc.

The DLC quests, to my knowledge, are all simply treasure hunts for tokens. You get a rift cluster for each quest, and nothing else really. Unless these two last packs are something different. :hmmm:

more dlc coming:dark arise

http://videogamewriters.com/capcom-announces-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-new-free-modes-54906

[h=1]Capcom announces ‘Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen,’ new free modes[/h]September 21, 2012 By Anne Lee Leave a Comment

X
Welcome Googler! If you're new to VGW, subscribe to our RSS feed for the latest news, giveaways, podcasts and reviews!
You were searching forPosts relating to "more dlc coming for dragons dogma". See posts relating to your search »« Hide related posts

Capcom announced today that they will continue to support Dragon’s Dogma with free DLC updates and a major expansion coming next year, titled Dark Arisen. It’s unclear whether Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be a full-blown retail release, but Capcom’s use of the word “expansion” points to something larger than regular DLC. So far, the only details regarding the new content come by way of this teaser trailer:

Though Dark Arisen won’t be making its way to consoles until sometime next year, Dragon’s Dogma will continue to receive support by way of free updates. Scheduled to launch before the end of 2012, these updates include two new game modes, Hard mode and Speedrun. Hard mode will round out the selectable difficulties after the recently-released Easy mode by offering players the choice to face much more difficult enemies, but with the added bonus of special equipment rewards. Speedrun, on the other hand, will challenge players to clear the game quickly, with equipment rewards for clearing specific time objectives.
It’s great to see Capcom continuing to support this new IP, especially after they’ve already revealed that they are working on a sequel. But will Dark Arisen turn out to just be an ”ultimate” version of the game like we’ve seen released for so many Capcom fighters in the past? Only time will tell.
[via Capcom Unity]

Back