does Sephiroth know Lucrecia?

omecais0

不是日本人
Gil
This is my dirty theory, you can argue or refine it.

On the origional story, Lucrecia mentions that she can't die because of Jenova cell, and on DC, Hojo injected both the pregnant Lucrecia and her fetus with Jenova cells. So Lucrecia indeed has Jevova's cell.

I think Sephiroth might know something about her via Jenova cell. When he calls the reunions have Jenova cell all over the world, he finds out there is a woman has Jenova's cell, but doesn't know what's the matter about her.

He might think "maybe she is my mother", or something he can remark, but here is no time for he to find out the truth. Or you can say he travels aroung the world to find the information he lost on Nibelheim incident conveniently.

How do you think about it?

Interesting theory I have to say.

But I see no proof that Sephiroth even heard of Lucrecia or ever known of her existence, I'm guessing Hojo is the one that really raised Sephiroth and told him that his mother was Jenova. Even with the Jenova Cells that both Lucrecia and Sephiroth have, Sephiroth never controlled her at all, so I don't think he could know of her existence.

I think Sephiroth might know something about her via Jenova cell. When he calls the reunions have Jenova cell all over the world, he finds out there is a woman has Jenova's cell, but doesn't know what's the matter about her.

That would make sense for him to at least be able to conect with her because of the Jenova Cells, after all he was able to feel Cloud and Kadaj, right?

Now that I think about it, it makes sense he'd at least know about her, not only cause of his research but because his connection to everyone with Jenova Cells...I think...I'm confused.

I'm guessing Hojo is the one that really raised Sephiroth and told him that his mother was Jenova. Even with the Jenova Cells that both Lucrecia and Sephiroth have, Sephiroth never controlled her at all, so I don't think he could know of her existence.

On Nibelheim Incident, Genesis tells Sephiroth some information and confuses him. Sephiroth begins doubting about it, he believes neither Hojo nor Genesis and trying to find out the truth by himself. Unfortunately, he can't get the entire picture because the key data was stolen by Genesis, and mistakes Jenova for a Cetra by the old wrong files.

I think he knows it is not the whole truth because he sighs that why the all scientists are dead when he researchs at the Nibelheim library. I don't think he would give up, so I argued he may learn something about Lucrecia during his travel and calling the reunions.

And, since Lucrecia is not "active" during the original story, so even if Sephiroth discovered her existance, he couldn't have any interaction with her.

Last edited:
On Nibelheim Incident, Genesis tells Sephiroth some information and confuses him. Sephiroth begins doubting about it, he believes neither Hojo nor Genesis and trying to find out the truth by himself. Unfortunately, he can't get the entire picture because the key data was stolen by Genesis, and mistakes Jenova for a Cetra by the old wrong files.

I think he knows it is not the whole truth because he sighs that why the all scientists are dead when he researchs at the Nibelheim library. I don't think he would give up, so I argued he may learn something about Lucrecia during his travel and calling the reunions.

And, since Lucrecia is not "active" during the original story, so even if Sephiroth discovered her existance, he couldn't have any interaction with her.

What do you mean not active? She was in the original if you had Vincent, thats when you learned that Lucrecia gave birth to Sephiroth....

And Genesis didn't say "Hey guess what this woman named Lucrecia is your mother." Sephiroth thinks hes a monster during the Nibelheim incident anyways while studying, why he want's the reunion to happen, so that he can be with his "mother" Jenova.

So I'm still going say that Sephiroth still truely believes that Jenova was him mother, and really had no idea on Lucrecia.

Maybe if he finds out he has a real mom, he'd stop killing guy's girlfriends. :hmph: No seriously though, that's a good theory. It'd be cool if this was delved into deeper, too.

Maybe the next game could show this happening. After all, he could always find out VIA lifestream or by Cloud.

Maybe if he finds out he has a real mom, he'd stop killing guy's girlfriends. :hmph: No seriously though, that's a good theory. It'd be cool if this was delved into deeper, too.

Maybe the next game could show this happening. After all, he could always find out VIA lifestream or by Cloud.

I had wrote some thoery in Chinese, it is bit of a challege for me to write in English. I thought it is a huge work, to figure out the ture Sephiroth. I have stopped it for a while, but since you think it is interesting, I would pick it up again.:D

I think the next game is not about Sephiroth because of his image has been established, it almost impossible for SE to change it though Sephiroth is not a villain actually, I inferred in my theory.

There are many mystery about Genesis, he appears on CC and DC, plays some or more important role on them, there must left some story. So I guess the next game, or story is about Genesis's life.

Doesn't anyone remember that Sephiroth mentions that he knew there was some woman who gave him birth?But he didn't really acknowledged her,he considers Jenova his mother but he does know that it was someone else who bore him into the world.I don't remember when this is mentioned but maybe when he finds out the truth of who Jenova is.

Back