Dear Person who programmed the chocobo catcher bit...

Good lord, I haven't done that mini-game as much, and I still hate it.
Getting hit by homing birds coming out of absolute thin air is the worst kind of feeling knowing that this game is seriously trying to screw with me. DX

Doing that first game where it's just the drunk chocobo, finishing and the game saying "You didn't finish in between the markers!" is such BS cause the damn thing steered towards the ONE INCH GAP outside of the goal that makes me lose! WHY make it possible to finish OUTSIDE of the goal when the gap of that outside is SO SMALL!?

Overall, Chocobos+LSD+Elixirs=Not a good idea people.
Like the guy who made the drunk chocobo comment, don't do it people, it's not a fun ride.

I agree with everything said here! That guy who programmed that mini game should die! It's the only thing that makes me hate chocobos which I normally love! That mini game was painfully hard! It also made me want to go shoot some birds!

ANGRY MUCH!!!!
[COLOR="LightBlue"With all due respect to Captain-Awsome(overly ambitious kid) that mini-game is not that hard and if you cant give a little bit of your time to do this thing then dont play it youv'e got all your time ahead of you and need to be patient when it comesto thing that don't really matter COLOR]

wow someone hasnt had their ant-psychotics and actually that mini game was rather easy for me at least...think of it this way....your either going to learn memorization or give up the mini game wich by now you should have either failed or concored

It was frustrating, took me some hours to do, wasn't the hardest sigil either, dare I speak of the frightening difficulty of the venus and jupiter sigils? Well Jupiter wasn't hard just very long. Back on topic but yeah did take some attempts

it takes a while yeah... sucks..

HOWEVER... ive gotten every ultimate weapon in the game..

except for..

the spirit

fucking

lance...

i cant not get those butterflys!!! CANT DO IT!!! RAWRRRR

my nightmares are now filled with red butterflys....

/breakcontroler

also had that slots like thing on the grand plane as well

lots of minigames i really couldnt be bothered aiming for the top score on

like lightning dodger! come on like im gona keep tapping a button like this to get some item...especially when i know im gona miss the one before the record.

i did like the monster catching one on the plain though, was quite fun building up my collection.

That was one of the best rants ever. The 200 lightning challenge was easier than this. I had been unable to get the sun sigle until recently. I too hate this minigame with all my heart and wish death and destruction on the person who designed it. The worst part of it was when i had fifteen baloons and no birds i knew i was going to make it, i was just about to cross the finishline, when a bird hit me. Followed by another one, and another one, and another one, for eight minutes straight, i had to restart the system and get a new controller (cause i threw that one at the wall, i had to fix that too :wacky:).

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

I hated those minigames as well.I never have gotten all the special weapons for the game.
Those minigames are in my view the game's only deficiency though.

i found this mini game frustrating but not to bad. you just gotta learn a good route, youtube it and its fairly simple. stay on the outsides and not the middle pretty much.

Sorry to bump up an old topic, but, I was able to beat the Catcher Chocobo race right as I got to the Calm Lands.

Happened last night, thought I'd try out the Chocobo training stuff. The first three took several tries, trying to get used to controlling the Chocobo. Then the last one, same thing, wasn't so much worried about the birds. After an hour and thirty minutes of trying (actually getting in front of the trainer one time and somehow avoiding the birds), I actually got the 0:0.0 time! 13 balloons and no hits! Couldn't believe it, I was quite happy.

playing this game varies for me, i have my good days and my bad days, my most recent playthrough took me 30 minutes, the one before that i fone it first time and i have spent up to 3 hours trying on other saves, i think its just one of those games where you ahve to time everything PERFECTLY, just wait till you do the Butterfly catching game in macalania!

The catcher race never bothers me, last save I did it on the third try. :hmmm:
I think it depends on luck though, depending on if the balloons at the start appear in front of her or you, it's a bit trickier if they're in front of her and chances are, she'll get them. Then it's the parts after and if you're unlucky, although using her as a shield is a very advisable tactic. :8F:

Just don't let it go wrong or you're just letting her win.

I guess I may be the first person to think your over reacting..or at least say it. While I admit it is a annoying pile of a mini game....I think obtaining the gold chocobo in ff7 was worse...took a lot longer anyhow..tho the reward was great. But i read so many forums and opnions and guides that told me this game could and would take hours to accomplish...but too my surprise...It took me about thirty minutes...the key is too not get mad and just run the odd down in attempts...keep your cool and you will figure it out.

You know, maybe you were onto something there...maybe they should give you the Sun Sigil AND a lesbian make-out scene for getting 0.0.

I once was able on one of my many replays of this game to get 0.0 on my first try!!! I was so stunned that I sat there at the "Congratulations!" screen for about five minutes with my mouth open. It was like the one time I abolished Random in Dollet right away without even trying... (is cross-FFing considered spamming?).

I think a thread like this was necessary...I, too, have been found cursing loudly at the TV and clenching my fists and jaw in rage because of this damn sidequest.

Back