YouTube Dead Fantasy

I saw that 12 second one, along with one of Namine and one of the DoA girls (the one that showed up with that Ryu guy in DF4).

I know DF is fanservice, I just wish Monty might throw in some stuff for us ladies too >.<

Hm? DF is fan service? I suppose it is, but I actually preferred it to just be a whole girl vs. girl thing. I thought it was cooler that way since I always considered the girls from FF and DOA to be lacking as much attention or appreciation as the guys usually. So, when Monty Oum threw in Cloud & Ryu, I was kinda disappointed (even if it was cool).As for DF VI, I'm getting this thought that Tifa could end up being held captive for reasons unknown, or...kick even more DOA ass (since a certain someone has her materia)while trying to find a way out. Either that, or some random FF character ends up bustin' in D-Day style. Hmmm, guess I just want Monty Oum to do something, you know, EPIC. Kinda like when he made Rinoa freakishly overpowered. Yeah, she's a sorceress, but.....

I LOVED DF! Monty Oum is a genius when it comes to fight choreography. I mean is one thing to have a one on one battle, but to throw in so many and have such amazing choreography, I mean, that guy has such a great creative vision. In my opinion my favorite character in the videos is Yuna. She has a cool fighting style plus she uses her aeons in the fight, even though she's is like the character from the FF side that always has to be rescued or helped in some way. Still like her though!

I'm kinda surprised Monty Oum is throwing Namine into the fight, since I've never seen her fight even once.......then again, since she's Kairi's Nobody, and Kairi herself seems a tad overpowered, it could work out. Ah well, that's the beauty of fan-made videos! Still, I'm hoping he throws Lightning in there, too. Did anyone see that pic of that blonde girl in his deviant art page? Her hair looks like Lightning's, but the outfit...

Why have I only just discovered these vids they are absolutely awesome!
I'm loving the general idea and the fighting choreography is just as insane as Advent Children! (The girls just don't die!)

Didn't really like the fourth DF though, the intro was a complete copy to FF8 and i'm not liking how Yuna got close with Cloud. Also, why is Tifa the only who gets absolutely destroyed and who is the Hwoarang look alike in DF V?

Overall though i give DF a 9/10 although if Monty Oum isn't careful this series will become a chick flick

That Hwoarang look alike my friend, would be Ryu Hayabusa.

And yeah, I don't like how Tifa is the only who gets owned. Everyone else is just mediocre wounds.

So i just finished watching the 5 episodes of dead fantasy by Montyoum ( a little late i know ) but i was thinking about how the characters were represented and i have a couple of things i wanted to talk about on the Fantasy side of things of course.

1) Did you think the final fantasy characters were given justice?

2) What about the number of characters? Could more of been included and do you think we'll see more in future installments?

3) Tifa's fate... was she done justice in that final fight and will she make a comeback?

4) What about the soundtrack? Devil may cry and the Matrix do it for you?

5) Yuna's summons, will we see anima and the likes? did Montyoum fully represent them in the battle?

Just let me say that i fully appreciate the work and i think the episodes were well done and the characters were shown justice. I feel that the final stand from tifa made us respect her alot more than the other characters. Which is why he probably choose to sacrifice her instead of someone else. Please comment below, lets have a good chat about this.

If you havn't seen it please go onto youtube and have a look.

If you reading this chances are you'll like it lol. x

P.S Also what about the levels? Of course a level 99 Tifa is stronger than a level 1Tifa. What Bar do you think he used to decide the strength of his characters? x

Last edited:
Wow, does nobody like Dead Fantasy?

Dead Fantasy is just one more evidential proof that fanwork, from here on out, is better than anything SE has to offer. They really gave Rinoa good justice. I mean…she’s a sorceress. In FFVIII I found her spell casting limit to be more of a nuisance than anything; completely random and weakish spells. I thought Dead Fantasy harnessed her true capabilities. :D

^hahahaha, that's a joke, right? Better? Wouldn't go that far.

The CGI is just too... UGH! annoying for me to like it. The storyline is... well, in my honest opinion, lame. But that's just me.

I think it's cool the fan did that but eh... it's not my thing. :hmmm: The story seems way too cliche and overrated for me to take it seriously.

Lmao... i just rewatched the last video... Tifa wishes she was slightly as cool as the "tifa" in that fight scene with the poles.:monocle:

to end this, the CGI is too ugo for me to even watch it. :hmmm:

I meant as far as remakes and whatnot go. D:
Dead Fantasy was way more fun than Advent Children. And Rinoa was a sort of a sissy in FFVIII. I'm glad Dead Fantasy gave her real sorceress power.

I meant as far as remakes and whatnot go. D:
Dead Fantasy was way more fun than Advent Children. And Rinoa was a sort of a sissy in FFVIII. I'm glad Dead Fantasy gave her real sorceress power.
In other words... they changed her character.

And, I can't sit through 1 minute of dead fantasy, but I can at least watch AC... so Ac was way more fun then DF. :mokken:

I get it's up to a person's opinions on whether or not something is better than something else... but c'mon... the CGI in Ac alone pwns dead fantasy. :mokken:

I really do like it, I can't believe that was all fan made!

It also sounded weird because all the girls voices were from Tekken Tag. They used Ling's voice a lot, she's my fav :P

A lot of it is really blown out of hand, considering each girl is unstoppable, and Tifa got stabbed, sliced, and eventually had a bunch of arrows through her and still managed to fight? I mean, that's just a lil too crazy.

But I did enjoy it, even though I have no idea why they are fighting, not sure what the story is?

Not too mention Cloud has Aerith, Tifa, AND Yuna? Wassup with that? I also thought Cloud looked really ugly in it. And thought it was a bit exaggerated that when Cloud came an entire army of clones retreaded...No I'm not saying it's sexist but just a little silly. Even though Cloud does kickass :ryan:

And I did like the music, Matrix is awesome and I never played Devil May Cry but I liked the music.

And does ANYONE have any idea of when Dead Fantasy 6 will come out? Been 2 years... I wanna see some Rikku action :D

P.S. For some preview it showed Tifa still alive... and naked... covered in a sheet.... lil too much I think :olivia: But I think it may be fake. I'm not sure...

In other words... they changed her character.

And, I can't sit through 1 minute of dead fantasy, but I can at least watch AC... so Ac was way more fun then DF. :mokken:

I get it's up to a person's opinions on whether or not something is better than something else... but c'mon... the CGI in Ac alone pwns dead fantasy. :mokken:

Is...it wrong that im about 1 Second close to calling you a graphics Snob?

It just seems that your hating on DF because it's Graphics dont match up to AC's graphics.

I personally like DF. It gives the more "unloved/neglected" Charas to show some bad assery. (bar Tifa)

I mean. We have X-2 Yuna and Rikku. Sorceress Rinoa Keyblade Weilding Kairi and namine. and Kickass Tifa.

Its giving the Hated some glory. plus the Fight scenes in DF are Hella better than AC.

I really do like it, I can't believe that was all fan made!

It also sounded weird because all the girls voices were from Tekken Tag. They used Ling's voice a lot, she's my fav :P

A lot of it is really blown out of hand, considering each girl is unstoppable, and Tifa got stabbed, sliced, and eventually had a bunch of arrows through her and still managed to fight? I mean, that's just a lil too crazy.

But I did enjoy it, even though I have no idea why they are fighting, not sure what the story is?

Not too mention Cloud has Aerith, Tifa, AND Yuna? Wassup with that? I also thought Cloud looked really ugly in it. And thought it was a bit exaggerated that when Cloud came an entire army of clones retreaded...No I'm not saying it's sexist but just a little silly. Even though Cloud does kickass :ryan:

And I did like the music, Matrix is awesome and I never played Devil May Cry but I liked the music.

And does ANYONE have any idea of when Dead Fantasy 6 will come out? Been 2 years... I wanna see some Rikku action :D

I know its been ages :O he's done some music videos to pass the time lol but they're not the same as the kickass fight scenes. I agree with what you said about cloud because it seems the males in this are alot stronger than the girls... that guy in white ( no idea of what his name is ) seems to be untouchable??

I'd like to see the series brought to its conclusion, i wouldn't want it to be left hanging now.

I also would like to see some more Rikku :) he spent all the time designing new drespheres for her too! Although seeing some of her current ones would be good too i think :(. xxx

I know its been ages :O he's done some music videos to pass the time lol but they're not the same as the kickass fight scenes. I agree with what you said about cloud because it seems the males in this are alot stronger than the girls... that guy in white ( no idea of what his name is ) seems to be untouchable??

I'd like to see the series brought to its conclusion, i wouldn't want it to be left hanging now.

I also would like to see some more Rikku :) he spent all the time designing new drespheres for her too! Although seeing some of her current ones would be good too i think :(. xxx

Ya, twice a guy came to the rescue, (one from the other video game helped that girl with the clones) and Cloud. And ya, that one dude in white just stands there without even getting hit :confused:

And Mounty (can't remember his name exactly) said he'll be doing 6,7, and 8. I hope they come out soon :)

And I heard there was a contest for the dresspheres. They look pretty cool, but ya I hope there are some of the original ones ^_^

Back