Help Dark Aeons

Will Graham

Hello, Dr. Lecter
Veteran
Gil
Right well I just beat Omega weapon fairly easily so I'm currently levelling up in the Omega Ruins, before heading out to get the Dark Aeons. Anyways I was told that I should have the attributes in the mid hundreds before even taking on D. Valefor. Does this go for all attributes or just Magic, Strength, Defence, and Magic Defence.

Is there also anywhere better than Omega Ruins for levelling etc.

I searched for a thread like this one but didn't find one, which means there definitely is one

i did all my training in there, oh, have you been capturing monsters? that passes the time and gets you a few levels

Also you can pass time in the monster arena as well

Dark Valefor has summat like 800,000 HP and can wipe you out in one hit if you're not prepared. Auto phoenix/auto life are a must. Get your DEF up :monster:

That said, I took him on with pretty pap stats, I didn't half strugle though, I thuink I like to make things hard for myself...I really wanted to get back into Besaid though :rage:

Yep, I'm only missing one in the caverns Gemini I think, though the great malboro was a bastard to catch I'd either be wiped out with bad breath or Tidus would one shot it. Eventually got berserk and confuse proof though.

Gosh My party is so unbalanced though, Tidus has like 122 strength and everything else is below 50, smae with wakka, and Yuna with Magic

Hig DEF is a must of you will just get shown up by the aeons. agility as well, as they are an evasive bunch of but heads. Hig end stats aren't so much an issue with Val, but once you beat her and start on the others you will end up serverly butt hurt if you're not way into the high 100's/200's

Gemini is from the 'inside sin' section anyway, you don't need to capture gemini to complete your omega ruins collection :monster:

As for levelling up, I think the omega ruins are the best place to do it :hmmm:

I was told that I should have the attributes in the mid hundreds before even taking on D. Valefor.

Nonsense. Firstly you can Yojimbo him, but if you don't want to take the 'cheap' option just have armour with these abilites:

Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Haste

Have Yuna summon to take overdrive damage. That'll do you until Bahamut, who in my experience needs a ribbon on a least two participants to take down.

Hmm I have yojimbo'd all the Dark Aeons , yeah im a cheat lol
anyways I never knew what stats are required to kill D Valefor, I do know :

for Dark Yojimbo and the more stronger dark aeons you need to have at least 140 LUCK and Defence etc. all max - 255.

Does anyone know how to increase the luck even further............I think I've got all the luck spheres and done them on the sphere grid....................

Need it to beat Dark Yojimbo :rage:

Using Zanamato to kill every single one..............But 5 times in a row seem like a one in million chance of getting it..........

or is there a certain amount of gil you should pay the damn thing?

if not,how else can I get more luck spheres...........please don't say blitzball games..........I love playing it but playing like a whole tournement or season will takes ages to get.

The best way is to originally pay him triple his asking price, then use him against some weak enemies but pay him 50k or so, once he uses wakizashi or zanmato his compatibility rises. Personally I had him use ten zanmatos and then he popped Valefor for 1.2, as fas as I'm aware the more he uses Zanmato the more likely he is to use it again, just never let him get hurt or dismiss him.

edit: Save before using him and reload if he gets hurt killed or uses daiguro

ive never bothered raising my luck, and ive beat all but the dark magus sisters

also, theres like a green room thingy in the cavern, tonberries seem to frequent there most often

As for dark bahamut, hes an absolute cunt. It took me ages to beat him

Stone proof/ribbons are a must for that dude

I'll just use Zanamato a couple of times.............on normal enemies hopefully that will raise the chances of him using it................

I'm in for a long day............... :yawn:

til he gets it 5 times in a row.........

Knocked about 500k off Dark Valefor before she broke my cycle and used energy ray on me

Dark Bahamut sounds like he is not gonna be very much fun at all, it also seems getting Wakka's perfect weapon will be easier than 60 dark matters =/

edit: Also caught a tonberry there thanks bambi

i farm dark matters in the monster arena, you also get 99 of them for unlocking
Nemesis
in the Monster arena

But if you 'only' need 60, I'd advise farming what you need so you don't lose the 39 you have :gonk:

Back