Playstation Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

I completely missed the last Grand Prix and now there is a new one.

crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-ps4-playstation-4-2.original.jpg

I love the game, but I couldn't commit to unlocking everything. Ant it seems to take a long time to get coins. I do want to do it though so hopefully within a few weeks I can do this one.

Rustland was a great GP. Slightly dissapointed that they only added one new character in Megamix but I can cope with that. I really liked the inclusion of the Golden Wumpa mechanic. Basically works the same as the ghosts from the Spooky GP. Hit a sparkling crate and it releases a golden wumpa that speeds through the track for a limited time. Get it and you are rewarded 200 bonus coins. It seems like its here to stay as it has carried on to the current GP.

Speaking of the new GP we are now into the second week of the FINAL GP, the Gasmoxia GP. Again only one new character in Emperor Velo (big bad from Crash Nitro Kart) however the new track, Drive-Thru Danger, is by far the most complex of the entire game and ofcourse the usual mass of content in skins, karts, wheels and stickers.

For those who have managed to beat both N.Tropy's and Oxide's Time Trial times a new challenge has been added - Velo's times! Beating all of Oxides times and all of Velo's will reward the player with a new decal each for the Champion Kart if they already have that unlocked. I've beaten all of Tropy's but still struggling on a lot of Oxide's. Nowhere near touching the new Velo times at all.

All hail Space King Chicken and Nuclear Pizza Man!

1583170692602.png

1583170717518.png

1583170758068.png

1583170781664.png

Actually giving the Oxide Time Trial times a good tackle. Already done 9 today. Somewhat satisfying seeing how much better I've gotten at the game just by comparing my new times with my previously set times, and where before I couldn't get near Oxides times there have been a few where I've got it first or second time.

I've only got 1 single Emperor Velo time as of yet - Android Alley. Not surprising really.

Prince Oberyn Martel
I forgot to check if you were playing last night after we said we might. Just let me know if you are free sometime here or on Discord and I'll give it a go.

Worst case scenario I'll spam the grand prix on Friday to earn enough to unlock the new stuff. I'm so far behind with the game.

This is, I believe, the last scheduled grand prix though.

I finally played this again earlier today and played the two new tracks I'd not experienced yet.

I wasn't particularly looking forward to them but I am very impressed. I love the Mad Max vibes of Megamix Mania. Those paint bombs are quite cool.
But I was blown away by Drive-thru Danger. I thought it would be just a different way of re-hashing sci-fi tropes (they have a lot of sci-fi tracks now) but they did a great job at making this feel unique. I love that there is actually a space battle happening all around you, flying close to you / narrowly missing you and some even crashing into buildings. As always, it is difficult to see everything while actually racing but I've been wowed by what I have seen out of the corner of my eye.

I feel like I've missed out on so much with the game :lew:. I might still pick it up at some point but I've lost the hype a bit due to this :s.

I feel like I've missed out on so much with the game :lew:. I might still pick it up at some point but I've lost the hype a bit due to this :s.

There are no laws against picking it up and playing it now despite all the new content. The new tracks are all in the game for everyone so to you it would just be like you've loaded up a game with a lot of content in it from day one.

It really is quite impressive what they've added to it.

If you ever do get it do let us know and we can all race together!

You won't have missed anything from this game except maybe some limited time promotional content, which may be made avaiable later and isn't a big deal anyway, and possibly the GP exclusive decals. All the new bonus tracks remain and all the limited time new content from a GP is rereleased into the Pit Stop store perminatly a couple of months after being removed. Nothing has been taken away forever. Like Dionysos said it'll just be starting the game from scratch with a whole lot to unlock instead of it coming along in monthly chunks. The Nitro challenge system will still be in place but instead of earning Nitro to fill up a bar to unlock items it'll be for bonus Wumpa Coins which is the currency used in-game to buy said customisation items from the store. Even the special Champion Kart is still winnable but now is locked behind time trials. New time trials from the developers themselves are also being added soon as a extra challenge for the loon's who have mastered the Tropy, Oxide and the new Velo trials! (I still have 1 Tropy to get and do Oxide on all bonus tracks then I'll look to tackle Velo's).

All we know is that the Grand Prix's as we knew them are now finished. They may be planning something else to continue with or not. We don't know yet but when we do it'll be posted here.

Btw Dionysos my hand is healed and ready to beat you...

Dionysos , Prince Oberyn Martel

Ah ok, I'll let you both know if I nab the game after all. Right now, there are so many games coming out that I want though and they're all pretty huge (Animal Crossing, Persona 5 Royal, Two Point Hospital, FF7, Resi 3 even though that will be short). One day!

Just when we thought they were done for a while, they're releasing a lot more content.

New skins, new characters, etc.

CTR-POST-GP-New-Pit-Stop-Characters.jpg

Baby Cortex is lovely. :D I wonder what playing as that crate character will be like though. I can't visualise that.

The mention of a 'fixed' Rilla Roo though.. What was wrong with the original Rilla Roo?

Prince Oberyn Martel I'm glad your hand is healed! Let me know when you want to race.

The previously released Rilla Roo caused abit of a uproar at first as he was slightly redesigned facially. Many fans were upset and he was rarely used outside of the Neon Circus GP. Even became a meme. Beenox clearely listened and as a light hearted jab at themselves have now released 'Fixed' Rilla Roo whom now resembles the original Crash Bash design the fans wanted.

The amount of content we got this time is insane despite getting no new bonus track. Some much long over due (Geary FINALLY getting a legendary skin), some expected (Developer Time Trials and Lab Assistant as a racer) and some completely out of the blue such as the Reddit originated meme; The Iron Checkpoint Crate.

A huge amount of new skins have been added. Though most are re-colours and tweaks to existing legendary skins, almost all look fantastic. Baby Tropy and Baby Cortex were left overs from the Back in Time GP (GP2) so im expecting Sorceress and Bianca from Spyro the Dragon to pop up next month as those too were in the games data before being removed for the Spyro and Friends GP (GP3).

With the Beenox Crate's and Developer Time Trials being added they have just added even more hours of fun to a racing game. It's really quite incredible. The game really has evolved over the past 10 months and is so different to how it was at launch. Even the physics of the game have been tweaked finally!

Dionysos - I'll probably be playing at the weekend to make use of the weekend bonus. I'll let you know over Discord. There is alot of new stuff added to the Pit Stop I'd like to get my mits on. Will be interesting to see if the Wumpa Coin payouts from the challenges get any sort of boost from the bonus multiplier. The amount of coins from the challenges otherwise seem quite low so im certainly hoping thats the case.

From a couple of hours racing with Oberyn this weekend I've managed to buy most of the new characters and a good number of skins. I'm happy with that!

Took me nearly two hours to download the 5 GB update though... My PS4 isn't usually that slow but this might be yet another a consequence of coronavirus as I've been informed that PSN is slowing down download speeds to ease pressure on everything.

As a part of the WHO #PlayingApartTogether initiative going on at the moment, during the first hour of 'on track' play each day, players connected to the internet will receive a 5x bonus multiplier to the Wumpa Coins they earn during Online Matchmaking.

Essentially twice the amount of time than the usual daily bonus multiplier as its usually 30 minuets. I don't know if this counts with Private Lobbies. I'd assume so. Haven't tried yet.

Back