Playstation Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

That worked, thanks!
I'm now the proud owner of a Penta Penguin! He used to be my main in the original game, so I'm delighted to have him back.

I'll make a note of that advice about how best to gather Nitro and coins. That'll be really useful since I haven't been earning as much as I'd like to.
"PENGUIN_YAY_1"

Sadly Penta does not retain his original stats. He got nerfed to a standard Speed/Advanced racer.

Here is a link to some useful information about coins, what track pays out what for which placement and with what multipliers. https://crashynews.wordpress.com/20...-payout-rates-crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled/

Just got done using up my 30min x10 daily weekend bonus. Must of gotten a nice 10k from it. Now have all the characters unlocked and made a good dent into the Legendary skins and decals I've been neglecting. By the end of the weekend I plan on having at least the Trikee and Imperium karts (the only 2 left to unlock that I actually want) and the rest of the wheels that don't come bundled with karts all unlocked.

^ That's really quite useful.

I'm discovering that there's a reason people up-vote particular tracks, so I'll go with the flow in most cases as it seems to correlate with that information.

While Electron Avenue is brutal and I'll probably always come near-last, the coin payout for it is huge compared to most tracks!

I think we should probably work out a system for playing together, if people want to have some FFF races. We need to break the ice somewhere and arrange a suitable time, etc!

^ That's really quite useful.

I'm discovering that there's a reason people up-vote particular tracks, so I'll go with the flow in most cases as it seems to correlate with that information.

While Electron Avenue is brutal and I'll probably always come near-last, the coin payout for it is huge compared to most tracks!

I think we should probably work out a system for playing together, if people want to have some FFF races. We need to break the ice somewhere and arrange a suitable time, etc!
Electron Avenue does pay out most per race however it is also a considerably longer track. Android Alley is more efficient as its a shorter track and easier to get around which results in more races and thus more coins within the bonus time-frame.

I only play matchmaking online if I have nitro challenges to do. For coin gaining I pair up with someone in a private lobby for the duration of the bonuses. You can even turn the AI off so it's a 1v1 race. That way you both are guaranteed at least 2nd place and get the best coin payouts.

Could even be a little scummy and make use of a certain exploit on N.Gin Labs. With it one is able to finish the race within 1:30, meaning about 20 races within the daily bonus give or take, if fast enough and each attempt goes without fail. This can potentially lead to 5000-5600 coins per daily bonus... 10000-11200 per daily bonus time at weekends.... over 40000-44800 across the whole weekend (if you time it right with your time zone to get 4 lots of weekend dailys)...:wacky::wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

It'll probably be best to stick to the Discord for game organising. More people check on there and I know of at least a couple of the other regulars that have the game.

Managed to finish this off this morning. Guess I'm done with this GP as I'm way within the 5% (and a bug has given everyone the prize decal anyway :ROFLMAO:). Getting all Platinum Relics in Adventure Mode and beating Tropy's Time Trial times are my next tasks! (urgghhhhhhh)

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 12.18.52.png

Last edited:
Spyro GP starts tomorrow!

Spyro, Hunter and Gnasty Gnorc added as playable racers.
New skins including Devil Dog Zam, Viking Polar, Wizard Komodo Joe, Gnome Velo, Goblin Small Norm and Orc Big Norm among others.
New kart sets and Elemental wheels.
Tons of new stickers, decals and paints.
Plus new skins for Crunch and Coco.
and ofcourse a brand new Spyro-themed bonus track!

Apparently Sparks has also been added as an invincible mask just like Aku Aku, Uka Uka and Velo masks.

CTR News teaser and event roadmap included below.

1567078025929.png

SYPRO & FRIENDS GP IS NOW LIVE!

Already done all my Quick and daily challenges, and a few Weekly, so already sitting halfway through the Bronze tier. Some players are on Silver already haha.

Unlocked the Spyromobile and it's decal straight away though kinda wish I had unlocked Orc Big Norm instead as I could be getting a sliver more Nitro right now but nevermind.

The new track is great! They have actually changed the wumpa fruits to gems, Nitro Crates to firework boxes and the creates to treasure chests! and yes Sparx is indeed a new invincibility mask! :D

I was grinding coins last night to unlock Gnasty Gnorc (or a pack which contained him and two orc skins for other characters). I'm about two thirds of the way through the first stage of Nitro too, so hopefully I'll unlock Spyro today at some point.

One thing I have noticed is that Spyro appears to be tiny! I'm not a hardcore Spyro fan but I enjoyed the original game, and I don't remember him being so small. I get that he's smaller than the big dragons and big orcs, but I otherwise assumed he'd be about the same size as Crash at least. But he appears to be tiny in this. Either that or he's just far away. I haven't managed to get a close, close look at him yet, aside from the podium where he also looks quite small. Nothing too distracting, but I'll have to get used to that. :argor:

Has anyone ever suffered this agonising glitch?

I came third last night on an online race and was looking forward to gaining a little bit of extra coin for getting on the podium, but about five or ten seconds after the race had ended, the person who came fourth moved up and become third and I moved down to fourth for no apparently reason. It was a close finish, I'll admit, but I was clearly ahead of him by a couple of milliseconds and even the game recognised as much for five or ten seconds...

This actually happened once before as well but I put it down to a rare error. If this is going occur whenever I actually do relatively well (i.e. whenever I don't suck) then that's going to be really irritating.

Anyone else experienced this?

Has anyone ever suffered this agonising glitch?

I came third last night on an online race and was looking forward to gaining a little bit of extra coin for getting on the podium, but about five or ten seconds after the race had ended, the person who came fourth moved up and become third and I moved down to fourth for no apparently reason. It was a close finish, I'll admit, but I was clearly ahead of him by a couple of milliseconds and even the game recognised as much for five or ten seconds...

This actually happened once before as well but I put it down to a rare error. If this is going occur whenever I actually do relatively well (i.e. whenever I don't suck) then that's going to be really irritating.

Anyone else experienced this?
Yes I've had that a couple of times before myself and I know a few others its happened to aswell. Always kinda been a thing from early on but doesn't seem to have been fixed. It is annoying. I only really do online matchmaking when Nitro challenges call for it and just stick to private lobbies so I dont experience it often.

I've been abit slack lately. Haven't really played at all the last couple of weekends, and only sparingly during the week, so starting to really fall behind on the Pit Stop. I have unlocked Spyro and all his skins though, and about 1/4 of the way through gold tier. Still got Hunter and Gnasty to get which I'll try and do this coming weekend as part of those expensive bundles. Weekdays I'm aiming to get all the paint and wheels as and when the appear. I missed out on 1 pair of wheels the last GP, being the Green Lava Wheels, and its kinda annoying as they were the only ones. Hopefully be able to get them all this time haha.

CTR-GP4-RM.jpg

So this new update is quite awesome.

I am so happy that N. Brio has finally made it to a Crash Team Racing game. It always did frustrate me how he seemed to be forgotten despite being the penultimate boss of Crash Bandicoot 1 and also an important side character in other games.

Nina Cortex no doubt will be a popular character for those who played the non-Naughty Dog games, but I have to be honest that I'm not really familiar with the character as I stopped playing Crash Bandicoot after Wrath of Cortex. I believe she is a sister or daughter of Neo Cortex. She seems cool enough!

Werewolf Tiny looks amazing.

The Halloween track itself? It isn't bad but it doesn't attract me either. I love the quirky twisty bit where the floor is uneven inside the spooky mansion, but the track itself doesn't seem to possess the same unique charm of the Crash Bandicoot franchise because this one doesn't appear to directly relate to anything from the games. Unless this is something from the games where Nina Cortex appears (which is quite possible as the track is called 'Nina's Nightmare') in which case it is possible that I simply don't get the references.

That said, I'm immensely grateful for the new track per month that they seem to be giving us. That is insanely generous. I'm looking forward to the November track (which is carnival themed).

There are a few Crash characters they have still not given us, so we are in no danger of them running out (so long as they remember them). For some reason I cannot fathom they have completely neglected Koala Kong from Crash Bandicoot 1. He was a very memorable boss battle and I don't know why he hasn't been given any love. He doesn't appear to match the silhouettes of the featured characters for the next couple of months either, so that is worrying.

CTR-Roadmap_10-01-19-600x338.jpg

Another character would be the warthog from Crash Bandicoot 1. The other Crash mounts have made it as characters (Polar, Pura, Baby T) so why not the original mount? I guess he might not be considered cute enough, but they could always give him cute eyes or something.

I'd be less upset if they never give us the warthog. But I will be upset if we never get Koala Kong.

EDIT.

Ignore me. The Warthog is cute enough as it is in the N.Sane trilogy. There are no excuses!

latest
latest

Last edited:
Koala Kong is heavily rumoured (via datamines) to be included in next months Neon Circus GP. I too have been waiting to see him pop up as by this point it is well overdue. Especially as he is the only character left from the original trilogy and one of two from the Naughty Dog-era (The other being Rilla Roo from Crash Bash whom is also rumoured to be included in that GP) yet to be added.

I'm really glad they finally added N. Brio. Another that seemed to be well overdue however he fits with the current theme perfectly. I thought I'd main him during the run-up but I seem to be using Nina the most despite never playing anything past WoC to get behind the 'Nina Hype'. Cool to see Komodo Moe too!

The new updates have also included huge changes such as being able to change to any driving style for any character. Good news for those who like to main Turning characters such as Pura and Polar but always wanted them to be as fast as Speed such as Tiny and Dingodile. A new Drift style has also been added which is supposed to be slightly slower than Speed but comes with a little extra acceleration and turn, making it another viable option along with the Acceleration and the aftermentioned Speed styles. Unlockables from the first GP (Nitro Tour GP) have been re-added to the Pit Stop store for those who missed out in July. Skill-based matchmaking has been implemented to online matchmaking lobbies to make things a little fairer to the more casual players who struggle against the more seasoned players. However how exactly the game ranks players against others is unclear at this time. Beenox have also listened to the fans and have (somewhat) fixed the horrible issue of Warp Orb and Time Clock items in online play.

And yes if Warthog doesn't get added at somepoint I will riot! :mokken:

EDIT: Cleared the Gold tier of the nitro bar earlier and here is my current set-up I'll probably use for a while. Ragdoll Nina driving the Phantom kart with Aqua Spectral wheels, Acoustical Forest decal and the Nautilus Purple paintjob.

Now that I'm essentially done with this GP already I'll get back to working on finally unlocking Dr N Tropy as a racer. 10 out of the 31 required Time Trial Tropy ghosts beaten so far!
Screenshot 2019-10-13 at 19.53.15.png
Screenshot 2019-10-13 at 19.49.53.png

Last edited:
The trailer for this months Neon Circus Grand Prix has dropped! Showing off the new Koala Carnival track, new rewards, and ofcourse the new drivers; the already teased Pasadena O’Possum, the long awaited Koala Kong, the much speculated Ebenezer Von Clutch and… a chicken!? This Grand Prix is due to launch at 7AM PST (3PM UTC) this Friday November 8th and is set to last until Sunday December 8th.

The Roadmap has also been revealed detailing more information on the various kart sets, wheels, stickers and (new to this GP) animated paintjobs! Aswell as how the nitro gauge is set out and what sort of challenges to expect. In addition to the new racers we’ll be getting new circus inspired skins for existing racers such as Fake Crash, Nash, N.Gin, Cortex, Penta and the Nitro Squad of Isabella, Megumi, Ami and Liz.

49021220473_fcdc500207_h.jpg

As always anyone who finishes within the top 5% of either the Championship leaderboard or the Nitro Leaderboard will get the Champion Kart, Champion Indigo Paintjob and the exclusive to this GP decal; also shown on the roadmap.

The US PlayStation blog has also posted some more details, more notably the inclusion of a new Ring Rally mode. Link below.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-adds-the-neon-circus-grand-prix-this-friday/

Anyone else excited for this new update? Personally I'm feeling this could very well be the most fun GP out of them all thus far. The Ring Rally mode sounds like it could be alot of fun. Really glad they finally added Koala Kong to the roster and some of those skins look great! Hyped to be driving around in a bumper kart too! hahah. Also... the chicken. The heavily mythical King Chicken/King Paul III seems to be a thing! Apparently you'll need to collect a golden egg hidden in each of the 5 adventure mode hub areas then go to the wall found in Lost Ruins that has a image of a chicken and the 5 slots for the eggs. This wall has been in the game since launch and has been the centre of many rumors and much speculation since the beginning. Seems some of those myths have some truth to them afterall!

EDIT: The Activison Blog has also been updated. It reveals more info on how the Ring Rally mode works, confirms and details on the King Chicken quest, confirms the return of select Back N Time GP rewards to the Pit Stop and mentions a new special 'Last Chance bundle' available only during the first week of a new GP. Activison Blog Link: https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...-Grand-Prix-in-Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled

Last edited:
I'm delighted to be getting Koala Kong! It's long overdue!

I don't know anything about Pasadena O'Possum or Ebenezer Von Clutch so they must be from the later Crash games, but they don't look too bad and they aren't a surprise as they had been rumoured heavily.

The chicken character was a complete surprise to me though. :D

I'm liking the sound of that new race mode too! Hopefully this signals that new modes could find their way into the game, further enriching the experience of a game which already offers an insanely wide variety compared to many other games in the genre.

Pasadena and Von Clutch are characters from Crash Tag Team Racing on the PS2. As that is after Wrath of Cortex, the last game I played from the franchise until N Sane Trilogy, Im in the same boat of not knowing them. Much like Nina Cortex from the Spooky GP just gone. I like how they are now using karts and characters from the lesser known games including the GBA releases. I may not know them but I'll enjoy using them and look forward to who they add next. (Rilla Roo from Crash Bash is another popular one rumored to be coming soon)

The chicken character has been teased so much. The game is literally littered with chickens everywhere be it in the background of certain tracks, the HUGE hatchling from Prehistoric Playground track, the decal from that same GP, with stickers and that mentioned wall in Lost Ruins of which purpose has finally been revealed. What was a running gag now has some payoff! :ROFLMAO:

I like how the game is evolving. The Last Chance Bundles show that after the negative response from the whole microtransactions thing a few months ago, Beenox are listening to the fanbase and actually implementing features that reduce the want to buy Coins on the whole. Many of the criticisms thrown around at the time are now becoming more and more redundant.

With Koala Kong added, I think I’ve reached the point where most of the Crash characters that I’m familiar with are now already in the game (I only played Crash 1-3, Crash Team Racing, Crash Nitro Kart, Wrath of Cortex, and also that GameBoy Advance game Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure).

So I’ve been looking into other potential characters they have so far not included. Most of them seem to be Crash Twinsanity characters, but there are a few from Crash Bash as well.

Madame Amberly:
latest

Headmistress of the Academy of Evil, I think. Former teacher of N.Cortex, N.Brio, N.Gin and Nina. Her portrait appears in the Halloween track, so they've at least thought about her.

Rusty Walrus:
latest

I have no idea how prominent this character is at all. But people had speculated about him being in the upcoming patch. I wouldn't turn down a walrus, but I have no knowledge about the character.

Rilla Roo:
latest

Quite a popular Crash Bash character. Popular probably because he has been absent from other Crash games since.

Bearminator:
latest

Polar's massive, military-minded uncle. Not sure about the uncle part, but he's a polar bear who served as a boss in Crash Bash.

Other than that, there is the hog I mentioned in an earlier post (from Crash 1), and I suppose they could then work through some background characters and regular enemies which they could promote a bit more.

I suspect that it won’t be long until they stop adding content though… We’ve ended up with a lot within a couple of months and they’ll end up scraping the barrel pretty fast now.

A new trailer has been released recently featuring a new Grand Prix. Here is the trailer of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled. Enjoy!

CTR-GP6-01.jpg

The Gingerbread Joyride is the newest track in Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled. This fresh new course is baked and ready for racers to take in the festive sights on their way to the finish line. Enjoy the merry scenery of the gingerbread village and then take in the splendorous sights while you drive by a frosty winter wonderland en route to cruise past the competition.

Alongside a new track, a few new racers will also be joining in the Winter Festival Grand Prix. Rilla Roo and Yaya Panda from Crash™ Nitro Kart 2 makes their way to Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled, which they both will be available in the Pit Stop this season. Also a new racer has joined the team. This new character is called Hasty. Welcome Hasty to the CTR Nitro-Fueled family! Hasty can be unlocked with Nitro Points in the Nitro Gauge this season!

CTR-GP6-02.jpg

Also two new special guest will be joining the race. The two favorite CTR TV announcers Chick ‘n Stew have decided to leave the broadcasting booth and hit the track! Our favorite duo will be joining the fray this season as new racers available in the Pit Stop!

CTR-GP6-03.jpg

The Winter Festival Gran Prix will also come with three new cars. The Snowplower and the Sweet and Sugary Candy Cone can be unlocked with Nitro Points in the Nitro Gauge. The Nitro Sleigh is available in the Pit Stop.

CTR-GP6-04.jpg

But, there’s one Pit Stop item that stands out above the rest – the Winter Guardian Spyro skin. An almost ethereal vision of Spyro, with a sleek icy hue and imposing antlers, the roastmaster gets a new epic look for the season. Pick it up to celebrate the joy of the season and our favorite lovable dragon.

CTR-GP6-05.jpg

https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2019-12/Winter-Festival-Grand-Prix

Last edited:
That all looks brilliant!

Antlered Spyro is something I never expected to want. I also quite like the stupidity of the Rudolph Crash. I'd hate stuff like that on some characters, but Crash suits stupidity.

Something struck me though.... There was a Crash Nitro Kart 2? I was not aware of this! The panda is a new character to me. I've heard of Rilla Roo as he also appears in Crash Bash (another game I never played), so I did expect that we'd get him at some point.

I finished the GP and got all the new content within the first week. It's now much quicker to do now that 75% Nitro boosts are so easily accessible. The only 2 challenges im struggling with is Oxides Gone (beat Oxides Time Trial mode time on Gingerbread Joyride) and Rings of Fire (clear 8 laps of Spyro Circuit on Ring Rally mode). I've beaten N.Tropy on the former but nowhere near Oxides time yet. I'm struggling to clear even 6 laps on Spyro Circuit nevermind doing a full 8. I'll keep trying here and there but as im well within the 5% on the Nitro Leaderboard I won't stress over it.

The new content is great as always. The new wheels and paint jobs all look fantastic and make me hungry. The Candy Cone kart in partcular does kinda freak me out with its animated face though.

Something struck me though.... There was a Crash Nitro Kart 2? I was not aware of this! The panda is a new character to me. I've heard of Rilla Roo as he also appears in Crash Bash (another game I never played), so I did expect that we'd get him at some point.
Yeah CNK2 was one of those mobile-only games. I had no idea of its exsistance either. Rilla Roo caused abit of a stir online with his ugly design but, like yourself, I never played Crash Bash originally so im not so bothered.

Unlike fact that Warthog has still yet to be added. Swines.

A interesting find is that the game was datamined by player/YouTuber BetaM. His datamines are almost always accurate on what content is due to be added later. Seems to be that Mega-Mix (a character from the GameBoy Advance titles The Huge Adventure and 2: N-Tranced) is being added as a playable racer and they are adding developer times as a extra challenge in Time Trial mode!

Screenshot_2019-12-13_at_16.48.50.png

Prince Oberyn Martel
When is the deadline for the winter Grand Prix?

I haven't had a chance to play it yet (I have been prioritising other games at the moment) but I would like to unlock the characters at the very least. If I can do that in a single sitting then that'll be better.

Prince Oberyn Martel
When is the deadline for the winter Grand Prix?

I haven't had a chance to play it yet (I have been prioritising other games at the moment) but I would like to unlock the characters at the very least. If I can do that in a single sitting then that'll be better.
I believe its the 12th of January. So you have a week left.

I haven't tried this month's Grand Prix yet...

AGB_CTR_GP7_3.jpg

AGB_CTR_GP7_4.jpg

The Aku Aku mask has the same shape as the Aku Aku mask in Crash of the Titans, but with rusty metal added to it. The Mad Max vibes are interesting but I can't say overall that this one means a great deal to me.

Someone pointed out that the track is a post- apocalyptic version of Ripper Roo's Tubes.

The hybrid character is another one I don't think I'd heard of until the speculation immediately before this was announced.

I might do what I did last month and put some time into unlocking the character but then leave it at that.

Back