Help chasing Weapon.

Noize

Sensou Ishimashou!!!!
Veteran
Gil
Is there a way to stop him from flying around? I'm been waiting for him to stop moving around for around 3 hours already and it's getting annoying! lol.

No you just gotta follow him around. Remember to steal every time you fight him though cause I think there's some good, limited avaliability equipment on him. (y)

No there isn't. He's usually pretty quick to land when I've played. What you may want to do is land the Highwind and enter a town and then exit. That may get him to start hovering. Also, do not run into him with the Highwind. It causes him to change direction and fly around longer.

Ultima Weapon has a few spots that he goes and stays after you battle him a few times. His last location is at the Ancient Forest which is his last battle. You have to fight him a few times so he can stay still in a location. You have to repeat this process a few times to do so. Once he goes to Ancient Forest it will be his last battle. Also make sure you steal from him the Curse Ring and the other items on each battle. Also make sure you steal from him the Curse Ring and the other items on each battle.

No there isn't. He's usually pretty quick to land when I've played. What you may want to do is land the Highwind and enter a town and then exit. That may get him to start hovering. Also, do not run into him with the Highwind. It causes him to change direction and fly around longer.

that's weird... the guide I am using says that you must run into it at least a few times for it to stop at the next destination. Whether this is true or not, I did that and he stopped after a while. In the end, I managed to beat him.

Really? :lew:

It seemed that every time I ran into him, he'd just continue flying around. -__-

I would just enter and exit a town and hope he had started hovering somewhere.

Running into him does nothing. Its just what people say cause frankly they are playing around. Its fun to run into him and if you do he may stop at a location. Same with letting him run his course. He will eventually stop at a location. No matter what you do he does stop at sometime. I wonder how similar the randomness of him battling is with doomgaze from FFVI?

Anyways you first fight this monster in Mideel, and you can steal a cursed ring during this fight. Don't worry, you can steal it on other fights with him as I am to believe. This accessory boosts all stats up but adds a doom status on that character. Its handy if you can kill the enemies before the timer on your characters head runs out. Also to mention there is only two cursed rings in the game. The other is in Mideel before it is destroyed.

You have to check the weapon shop and examine the door there. Next climb up to the old man standing outside of a accessory shop. Check behind him to find a rusty key. Go to the weapon shop and examine the door. Tell the owner the truth and he will give you a cursed ring.

I think that the doom effect can be balanced out with a enemy skill that prevents KO. Also I would like to note the earliest you can fight Ultima weapon after Mideel is before returning to Midgar. Cheers!

You will have to fight him 3-5 times. The number of times you go against him depends on the damage you deal each time. Just go in circles around the map bump him or follow him until he stops.

I wonder how similar the randomness of him battling is with doomgaze from FFVI?

Depends on your definition of similar. The flying part is the same, as is the multiple encounter thing, but you can't ever actually see DoomGaze, so it's a completely random encounter. Weapon you at least have a choice of engaging.

And I have nothing of import to add to the original topic.

/spam.

Depends on your definition of similar. The flying part is the same, as is the multiple encounter thing, but you can't ever actually see DoomGaze, so it's a completely random encounter. Weapon you at least have a choice of engaging.

And I have nothing of import to add to the original topic.

/spam.

Now that I think about you are probably right. Some say that you should just fly to ever location in the world of ruin and you will eventually find death gaze, or doom gaze as some call him. I think it is just a random thing and like I said before it's pretty much people that play around and stumble on something that makes them believe their tactics is right. I would like to take the games apart and look at the coding.

Urgh, brilliant. looks like i'm going to be in for a rough time chasing him.... i'll try running in and out of towns first of all then i'll kamikaze into him a few times.

Is there a way to stop him from flying around? I'm been waiting for him to stop moving around for around 3 hours already and it's getting annoying! lol.
I've been there before. You just have to fly and fly and fly until you catch a glimpse of him, keep ramming him until he stops somewhere. Then I usually get out and revitalize my stats then jump into battle.

Back