Capcom

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Capcom store to open doors in April

It’s the digital age, so Capcom is opening a dedicated retail outlet.

20120328capcomshop.jpg

According to Destructoid‘s interpretation of a Japanese-language report, Capcom will open a new shop in the Odiaba district of Tokyo on April 14.
Despite my sarcastic opening line, Capcom has plenty of goods to offer; its Japanese online store is bursting with collectibles and merchandise ranging from the usual statues and T-shrits right through replica Resident Evil weapons and unique, one-of-a-kind artworks.

The store will also host special events and offer WiFi to shoppers; remember, Capcom publishes Monster Hunter, the big winner on the portable multiplayer scene.

Capcom already runs a themed bar in Shinjuku; the international publisher is effecting a fairly robust transmedia and alternate revenue stream strategy.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/28/capcom-store-to-open-doors-in-april/#more-247000

They wont see any pennie from me. Capcom (or Crapcom) are jut a bunch of greedy bastards that dont respect their fans, so go to hell.

really??? what is the point of all this, it just another reason to make more money, I hate companies like capcom because they don't care about the gamers and making good games, all they doo is find another method to try and make more money :hmph:

They wont see any pennie from me. Capcom (or Crapcom) are jut a bunch of greedy bastards that dont respect their fans, so go to hell.

I'd disagree here. They've listened to their fans loads when it comes to Resi lately.

1. They've released ORC, which is based on their fans completely. It has Raccoon City and the events within, which is what all the old-time fans wanted all along. It's also what I assume to be their answer to a modern Outbreak game, which is again what the fans were demanding.

2. They're releasing resi 6 and have put it in a set similar to Raccoon City. This point is again to do with giving the fans what they always say they want.

3. Their Europe forum are always giving free gifts away, such as games, clothes, headphones etc. This doesn't sound like a company that is full of greedy bastards. While it could just be to try and remove any stigma they may have, it's more than some other companies do.

I didn't mean to pick you out here...I would have replied this way to who ever said it :)

As for the shop, it's a good idea. I'd love to visit a shop like that, and hope that more gaming companies sell this way, if they don't already :/

I'd disagree here. They've listened to their fans loads when it comes to Resi lately.

1. They've released ORC, which is based on their fans completely. It has Raccoon City and the events within, which is what all the old-time fans wanted all along. It's also what I assume to be their answer to a modern Outbreak game, which is again what the fans were demanding.

2. They're releasing resi 6 and have put it in a set similar to Raccoon City. This point is again to do with giving the fans what they always say they want.

3. Their Europe forum are always giving free gifts away, such as games, clothes, headphones etc. This doesn't sound like a company that is full of greedy bastards. While it could just be to try and remove any stigma they may have, it's more than some other companies do.

I didn't mean to pick you out here...I would have replied this way to who ever said it :)

As for the shop, it's a good idea. I'd love to visit a shop like that, and hope that more gaming companies sell this way, if they don't already :/

All of that doesnt matter when they stab their fans in the back later, no offence here :).

Back