Help Cant get Anima???

85 GT Kid

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hey guys ive been tryin to beat this for awhile now (been playin on and off) and im at the end so im doin side quests. I have all the temple items but it still wont let me light up one statue thing in Baaj temple (the first one on the right the red one). What gives???

That would be Kilika. Go back to the temple there and get the Destruction Sphere. Watch [this] video for the walkthrough on how to get it.

Ok thats what I thought and i'll have to go through it again (I thought I had gotten it but I guess not). Thanks!

Yeah now that I watched the video im not sure I did that (I got screwed up on where to put the D sphere even though I have the guide book :oops:). Thanks again!

That worked thanks man!

Mod edit: Merged posts. Please do not double or triple post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to get Anima too and I missed the first 3 or so destruction sphere treasures. I am now going back to those temples, but so far I've gone to Besaid and I've gotten surprise-attacked by Dark Valefor. Would it be impossible for me to get Anima now without putting up a fight with that monstrosity?

Although it's my biggest hate in all of FFX, you are probably going to have to Zanmato it.
I don't see how you could miss the Besaid one though?
If i remember correctly i don't think you can miss the first one?

Although it's my biggest hate in all of FFX, you are probably going to have to Zanmato it.
I don't see how you could miss the Besaid one though?
If i remember correctly i don't think you can miss the first one?

The Besaid one is missable. :gasp:

It's the Bevelle one that you get by default.

Oh and while you're there you may as well visit all the temples again, if I remember correctly you get see a scene with the fayth of each temple, and they give you an item or something.

Just make sure to watch out for Dark Valefor and Dark Shiva lol.

I've gotten Macalania one. I already started using FAQs by then. But at first I had no idea about destruction sphere treasures being important and all. I could've gotten the Besaid one, but I didn't know it was special, so I might be forgetting that I had it. (what treasure is it by any chance? I can search in my inventory for it)

Zanmato sounds like a good idea. Do you know how much gil I'll need to pay Yojimbo to perform that? (because I think it varies depending on the monster)

I've gotten Macalania one. I already started using FAQs by then. But at first I had no idea about destruction sphere treasures being important and all. I could've gotten the Besaid one, but I didn't know it was special, so I might be forgetting that I had it. (what treasure is it by any chance? I can search in my inventory for it)

Zanmato sounds like a good idea. Do you know how much gil I'll need to pay Yojimbo to perform that? (because I think it varies depending on the monster)

Make sure he is in overdrive and pay 50-100k.

The Besaid treasure is a Wisdom Rod, which has Scan and Magic +5% or something along those lines. It's a common name for staffs, but I never saw another combination like it on the field (unless you make one).

As for Yojimbo, it depends how you've used him in the past. Never dismiss him, make sure he wins, don't let him die etc. Keep trying with various amount of Gil - the save sphere is close to the encounter location, so restarting shouldn't be much of a bother.

However, I'd personally just go training in Omega Dungeons for a while instead. Dark Valefor doesn't require a great deal of effort to defeat once you've beefed up a bit. Plus you get satisfaction out of a genuine win. =P (it IS quite satisfying to beat a Dark Aeon).

I tried paying him 150k gil and he still didn't use it. It was all I had, so I am thinking of levelling him and ourselves up first. Might do it after I beat Sin (I want to see how the story ends and then will get back to the last save before facing him and do more sidequests). If you say Omega dungeon is a good idea, I guess I'll try that.

Zanmato, is completely random. It doesn't have any relations to the money you pay. I used to pay Yojimbo 1 gil and he still did Zanmato sometimes, so it doesn't really matter. It's just your luck in the end.

Also like someone said, Dark Valefor doesn't require that much to beat, so just power up for a bit then try taking him out..

The besaid one is a staff for Yuna.

Magic +5%
Magic +3%
Sensor

Rod of Wisdom or something like that?

It's not completley random, but it may as well be, there is some crazy formula as to how much Yojimbo likes you or how happy he is or something.
Just keep trying with different amounts i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on how powerful is the enemy. For tough bosses I think you need to pay more, because with thousands of gil he doesn't cast it on them, but with merely 1 or 2 thousand he easily beheads the simple monsters.

I tried paying him 150k gil and he still didn't use it. It was all I had, so I am thinking of levelling him and ourselves up first. Might do it after I beat Sin (I want to see how the story ends and then will get back to the last save before facing him and do more sidequests). If you say Omega dungeon is a good idea, I guess I'll try that.
Ahhh, depending how far along with that you are then, you might want to try training within Sin before tackling Omega Dungeon. You're a little safer inside Sin as you don't encounter Great Malboro, Mimic or Defender X/Y/whatever.

Won't take long though, I'm sure. Try getting some Double/Triple AP abilities in your equipment.

Thanks, I guess that's a good idea. That's pretty much what I am doing. I'm doing some grinding and monster hunting inside Sin, and then will use the final save of that to teleport back to the airship after I complete the game and see the ending.

Back