Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No, I've never had a job.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I did, but I'm currently unemployed.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I'm a full-time student.

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
I hate customers. Simple as that. Needy bastards.

I was stocking milk once and had some lady refuse to buy any of the 2% milk because the sell by date on each of 'em was September 11th. She didn't want milk that went bad on that date because of the terrorist attack.

I thought she was joking. She took exception when I didn't rush to find her milk that went out of date on a different day.

Asinine...

Full-time job at a daycare center as a teacher. Actually, I don't even know why we are classified as a "teacher", especially if they are just two-year-olds. -_-

It's not a fun job. We have to deal with kids hitting, kicking, and spitting at us, or breaking up every single little fights that they get into with the other kids.

It sucks so bad...

I hate customers. Simple as that. Needy bastards.

I was stocking milk once and had some lady refuse to buy any of the 2% milk because the sell by date on each of 'em was September 11th. She didn't want milk that went bad on that date because of the terrorist attack.

I thought she was joking. She took exception when I didn't rush to find her milk that went out of date on a different day.

Asinine...

Dear lord, that's just....hilarious and incomprehensibly stupid at the same time.

When I was at Arby's, drive thru was horrid. It didn't even work that well, so I'd always have to ask customers to repeat themselves. Being the assholes that they were, they'd actually get pissed off that I asked them to repeat the orders and they'd scream into the speaker. And alot of times they'd come through in big diesel trucks and we'd have to ask them to turn off their engine so we could hear them.

Full-time job at a daycare center as a teacher. Actually, I don't even know why we are classified as a "teacher", especially if they are just two-year-olds. -_-

It's not a fun job. We have to deal with kids hitting, kicking, and spitting at us, or breaking up every single little fights that they get into with the other kids.

It sucks so bad...

You poor thing. I'm fairly certain I'd be in jail for drop-kicking a few of them if I had that job.

I have 2 part time jobs, 3 if you count teaching and my lab assistant job, but I took the college credit instead of being paid for half of it.

One of my jobs I'm a bartender at a club. The tips are great, but you really have to be able to work late nights just about every weekend.

My other job is I'm a waitress at a chinese restaurant. I really hate it but it pays well.

My other job if you count it, I teach one of the lower level chemistry labs, and I'm also a lab assistant to the head of the chemistry department, but I decided to take the college credit instead of cash for the lab assistant. I hate chemistry, but in the long run, it will be worth it. All the money I make teaching goes to my student account to help pay for my tuition which does help a lot.

I work at an upscale Bakery in a super market. Yeah, it's actually a lot of fun and I do get free food. Time goes by really fast. I actually like my job, it's much than working in a retail store. When it comes to costumers the only thing I have to deal with is slicing bread, handing pastries to costumers (we keep them in a case), and answer any questions.

We get one of the best cannoli cream, which is from NYC. The same company sends us awesome Italian pastries. We also make awesome muffins. We have gourmet bread, gourmet cookies, etc. I love getting left over gourmet cookies. :wacky:

NYC! Going there in two weeks, I wanna go to a bakery. :D

Anyway, I don't have a job and I really don't want to get one. There's a chance that I might apply for a Cold Stone Creamery (awesome ice cream joint) job in the coming month, but that's the actually place where I would enjoy working. Other than that, I have the rest of my life to work, so I wanna enjoy my childhood as long as I can.

i cant get a job, apparently people feel disinclined to hire you, if you have long hair, and look like a 'stoner'. bastards :wacky:

which sucks actually because i need money, and jobs seem to be the only way to make it

I don't have a job, but should really get one. I've only just turned 16 though so that's something of an excuse.. although I probably won't be looking for one until after my exams. >< I really don't want to work in a shop though, I have a feeling that I would be terrible at dealing with customers. =/ I really don't know where else to look for jobs though... ><

i cant get a job, apparently people feel disinclined to hire you, if you have long hair, and look like a 'stoner'. bastards :wacky:

You should get a job at GameStation. :neomon:

which sucks actually because i need money, and jobs seem to be the only way to make it

Then cut your hair, wear preppy clothes, and smile 100% of the time!:neomon:

I'm the same, I actually got turned down a job at McDonald because of it :wacky:

HOWEVER. I work part-time as a Door Supervisor and Event Personal. ie if not on Doors I'm general Security, City Marshall, Steward...whatever like that. Door Supervisor is what you would call a 'Bouncer' these days so thats pretty self-explanatory. City Marshalling is basically back-up for the Police in busy City centers like Bristol where we help monitor and deter any trouble in the town, Taxi Ranks and Buses. Stewarding is a range of different roles but mostly just to help the public and ensure safety at the venues.

I've worked at venues such as London's Earls Court, Ashton Gate Stadium in Bristol, Gloucester Cricket Ground as well as many pubs and clubs in the Southwest. Music events have included Jools Holland, Roger Waters, Meatloaf, V Festival, Hyde Park Festival, Trowbridge Pump among others. Sporting events include Football for Bristol City (Ashton Gate also) and Yeovil Town (Huish Park), Cricket (did the England V India at Gloucester last year), Marathons such as the London and the Bath Half (which coincidently is what I'm doing on this coming Sunday) and also did WWE at Earls Court last year too which was quite nice.

It can be quite dangerous (particularly the Marshalling) but it is very good fun. Most of the people (Security wise) I work with are quite nice, down to earth people, even the ex-military scary ones are usually quite fun to be around. I do work with a lot of utter dives though too but meh. I work quite close to the Police and Paramedics who are usually quite cool. Then of course sometimes you get to meet the big names of whatever your doing so thats always good. The public themselves can be absolute fuckers at times but thats to be expected.

The pay is quite good. £10 an hour for most of it. Unfortunately the days tend to range from an entire week down to just a days work if that meaning I could be absolutely loaded one week and others could just be living off £50! Its good fun though and I only really intended for it to be part time but since dropping out of College it is now all I have atm. Hopefully I should start getting more work my way very soon which'll keep me by until I go back to college and do a Music Production course.

Last edited:
I don't have a job yet, but after my exams I'm gonna go work with my Uncle until college starts, all I'll have to do is move stuff around every now and then and lift a few bricks. At least I'll be out of the house and getting paid, unlike some of my other friends who are desperately searching for places to take them on over the summer, they get pissy if you go on holiday...which most people do over the summer >_>

Where Do You Work?

I was wondering, what kind of jobs do the members of FFF have? Or, even, how many members even have a job? So, discuss whatever you want to about your job here, or previous work experience you've had. Share your horror stories about your evil boss, or whatever you would like to.

I posted the poll because I'm curious about how many members work, and how many do not. Otherwise, feel free to discuss your workplace stories.

Last edited:
Oh no! I can't believe I didn't see that. x.x;

To a mod, please merge the threads or close one if you'd like. I apologize for missing that thread.

Last edited:
I used to be tech support, now I kinda don't do anything. I'm not very ambitious and being tech support sucks anyways. I was an intern so I made like 11-12 bucks an hour and got yelled out by people who didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

I'll tell you one thing, dealing with people who don't have a clue about what's wrong is a real pain in the ass. I got called to other buildings because a wire would fall out and they didn't have enough sense to put it back.

I used to be tech support, now I kinda don't do anything. I'm not very ambitious and being tech support sucks anyways. I was an intern so I made like 11-12 bucks an hour and got yelled out by people who didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

I'll tell you one thing, dealing with people who don't have a clue about what's wrong is a real pain in the ass. I got called to other buildings because a wire would fall out and they didn't have enough sense to put it back.

That sounds very similar to my job. I work at Geek Squad in Best Buy as a salesmen and technician. I help fix computers when it's slow, and rip off people when there's customers around. The retail industry is the cause of this country's recession, that's for sure. xD

LOL, no offense, but I hate those bastards at Geek Squad. They always side step what's actually wrong with the PC when they're explaining it to you because they don't actually know what's wrong. Or they try to use big computer words that would probably work on people who don't know anything about computers. "Oh yeah, that power supply is probably busted". It's like, wth are you talking about lol, it turns on FINE.

I could probably fix my own stuff, but it's always nice to get it "professionally" done I guess.

Hmmmm....

The last job I had was working at the library at Washington University in St. Louis. It was a pretty laid-back job, though somewhat boring. I used to read books or sleep between the isles of the book shelves. Books make pretty good pillows. I worked up there the summer before I went to college, and I'm going to work there again this coming summer.

The job I had before that was working at McDonald's, which I absolutely hated. I guess I'm just not suited for working at fast-food joints. The most annoying part about it was the grease.....it gets everywhere...

Before that, I used to mow lawns for money. It actually paid pretty well depending on how many lawns you cut and the size of the lawn. It was a pretty simple job, too. It started off with my dad, brother, and I working on the lawns together until my brother got a different job.

After summer vacation, and when the new college semester starts up, I'll have a job working at a bike repair shop recently established on campus. I'm mainly getting this job because I'm required to work for the scholarship I got from the university, but I think I'll enjoy it. I don't have much experience repairing bikes, but they will provide training sessions. I also think I'll enjoy it because I like riding my bike. It's like the only physical activity I like to do...

Other than the occasional odd-job, that seems to be it for now.

Last edited:
Back