Books or eBooks?

• Books

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • eBooks

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Not Fussed.

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
I prefer hard-copy books. :) a) because I like holding the book in my hands and like being able to flick through the pages and b) because I love browsing through book shops and wouldn't want them to disappear; I fear that most of them will close when e-books become more popular. :(

The only reason for getting a kindle now would be a lack of space in my house. My bookshelves are chock-a-block full, and one shelf on my wardrobe is full of books. I don't really have the space for anymore. :(

I like books better as I rather much prefer the feel of holding a physical copy rather than an electronic copy where you can download and buy.

Books.

I can see the convenience of having eBooks since it means you don't have to carry round lots of books with you especially if you're an avid reader - that's where my appeal towards them ends. I care little for the whole 'holding a book', however, I find it much easier using actual books especially in regards of having to flick through pages when doing assignments or seminar work; my friend tried doing her whole seminar work using a kindle and everyone finished a good 20 minutes quicker than her, especially due to the sheer amount of referencing.

Meh, there's little appeal in a kindle to me.

Books for me - I prefer physically reading and touching whatever I am reading - Even if it's a newspaper. I am kind of the same with music - I do like actually owning an album rather than just downloading it to my laptop.

I prefer normal books..the joy of browsing through bookshelfes and finding an interesting book is great. Don't like to read e-books on my laptop but must admit I havent tried using a Kindle, and I'll stay away from it...until its mandatory to use via work.....still keep books around though.

e-books!!

-It took 2-3 truck loads to donate most of my books to a public library.

-I still find servers with thousands of e-books & mass download from time to time. :ohshit:

-When I open my ebook reader app it automatically flips to the last page I was on.

I like eBooks for school, homework, classes, etc.

I like regular paper books for entertainment and leisure. eBooks can't replace that feeling of paper.

ebooks for everyday use, books for outdoor travels where i know i wont have a power outlet to charge my iphone or kindle. I mainly read books on my iphone since its super convienent. I do own a kindle but i rarely use it.

ebooksa.jpg

About 20%-30% of my stash. :ohshit:

Not a lot, but I'm still proud of it. :grin:

I don't have a preference. I have a kindle and I read actual books too. With a kindle, it is a lot more convenient and cheaper for me because I can get library books on it without having to go out and waste gas on getting to the library. But every now and then, it is nice to have an actual book in your hand.

voted for books. i like ebooks too, but i find them difficult to read because it's rather painful on the eyes to stare at my laptop's monitor for a long time. i also like how you can bring books around with you wherever you go (sorry i don't have a kindle).

I could never replace a good old book with a lifeless ebook. The main reason is the emotional aspect. I prefer reading stories on books because it helps me to be part of it and I love feeling the smell and touching the pages. I couldn't resist without a book: every night, before I sleep, I read one page of my favourite book and I smell it so it can give me the goodnight.
I think the touch factor is very important and the smell of a new or old book is very fascinating: these two things are two essential elements in a book.
In my freetime I enjoy going in libraries. I find them places full of life and charm and I like searching for a book on the shelves like searching for a hidden treasure.

Nowadays everything is contaminated by technology: I'd like to save books at least.
So paper books are still my favourite. They don't need batteries and I can read them just about anywhere.

Books, easily. I bought a Kindle about 2 years ago, which I have about 3 novels of my own on there. I have lent it to a few people, who have all got their own titles on there, and they have all used it more than I have.

I might be stuck in the past, but you can't beat a good book. Furthermore, I love spending a good hour in a huge bookstore.

I prefer books because I love the way the pages feel against my fingertips as I pass through them. Also, I feel as though I use too much technology for almost everything else, so I enjoy reading books because it feels more practical than ebooks.

Books, for me. I tried those sample books on my tablet I had and it was just... Not fun. I don't like the idea of having to stop reading because the machine you're reading it on is overheating. Anyway, I prefer the physical books because it's just more fun. You can keep reading without overheating and such. That's just me though. I know eventually eBooks will be our only source of books, and that's just the way it is. On the bright side, we'll be saving trees. :) ... But for now, I like regular books.

See I like both. If I'm reading outside (which I do during the sunny days in britain) then I want a proper book. This way, the sun doesn't glare on the screen. I know the ereaders are supposed to be anti-glare and all that...but they just aren't :wacky:.

When I'm inside, I prefer to read from the ereader. The bright screen and multiple background options (along with the percent bar at the bottom of the page) are amazingly useful to me. Also, you can chuck your earphones into it and listen to music without having to carry any other music players around.

The only reason I'm reading my current book as a proper book is because the King decided that he wanted to support the "old-fashioned" reading method, so he didn't release Joyland on a digital form.

In the end, I went for not fussed, because I honestly can't say which I prefer. I go through periods of preferring one over the other, but it never sticks :/

I finally got a machine that I can really read eRead books and definitely, I will not be going back to paper.

Obviously, there's the experience of a crisp, clean and lovely paper book but I find it much easier to read via tablet. Reading before bed is much simpler with a back light. It's much harder to lose your page- something I ALWAYS do when it comes to paper.

However... I still prefer to have my favourite sets in paper. I love my LOTR special illustrated edition, and I wouldn't give up the copy of The Hobbit I bought when I was 5, at my first book fair.

...Still, I really should read more!

Back