Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Caricature Competition 2014

It's time for you all to grab your pencils and draw some FFF people! Don't worry if you can't draw...that'll just make it a million times funnier :wacky:.

Here's a description of what a caricature is.

To summarise, you're simply taking a fellow member's picture (so long as they approve) and make a wacky cartoon face out of it, preferably exaggerated as much as possible. If Member X has hilariously big ears, feel free to turn he or she into Dumbo if you wish. It's all in the nature of caricature. ;)

As a general rule, try not to leave anything in your image that will give away your identity.

Include the year of drawing on the pic somewhere ;).

Entries go to me no later than the 22nd June.

The entries will be put to public vote on the 23rd June.

Rewards:

1st place - 500 gil
2nd place - 300 gil
3rd place - 100 gil

Good luck! :monocle:

Last edited:
The rules before didnt need you to get approval. To be honest if folks are willing to post a pic in the member pic thread then they should be prepared to get made fun of in a wee drawing.
Sod permission! I will draw them anyway. Katy san round 2. So aye count me in

So draw something, but don't give yourself away, but include your username? :wacky:

Am I the only one misunderstanding?

My name is already on it!!! I'll photoshop it out. :hmph:

Edit: wouldnt the person already know considering you ask their permission.........? :wacky:

You would save yourself a lot of trouble by pitching the permission part. :ahmed: Otherwise everyone knows who it is!

The permission is needed out of respect for the person being drawn. Some people wouldn't like to be drawn, even if it's for a bit of fun :).

Maybe start like a separate thread or something just simply asking for people that don't mind if their picture gets used? That way, you still get your permission, and you also get the anonymous factor that you want. :hmmm: Sprout

They could just send a PM to them :lew:. Copy and paste the PM (and resulting permission) to me with the picture. Or do it however you like, so long as permission is shown.

That might be a bit too tedious. >.<

I'd say just get the permission from the member and leave it at that, tbh.

Ok, knock yourselves out. I'm not all that bothered. I still think permission should be gotten whether it's shown or not though.

Mine is done. =]

Just a 1 week reminder! Still plenty of time left to get things done, but I thought I'd chuck it up in case.

Remember, entries need to be PM'd to me :)

How many entries so far? And are we allowed to do more than one entry?

I presume rules don't say anything about putting yourself in the entry (not as the main person being caricatured though, more like in the background).

If that is against the rules, too late.

Don't worry, I asked myself permission to be in it. I said yes.

Back