Best "oldie" Band/Singer

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
After some discussion in the Chatrooms i decided to make this thread - who do you think is the best overall out of these artists?

The Beatles
ABBA
Queen
Madonna
or other

I choose ABBA, i love thier music! its so fun to dance to (When your alone of course XD)

Trust me, I wasn't the one who picked the Beatles. :rolleyes:
It certainly wasn't because of their great music, mm hmm. :rolleyes:
It certainly wasn't because they were the most influential band of their time

:rolleyes:

And the guy on my avatar really is Billy Shears. :rolleyes:

:updown:
Weird mood? Yes, I am in.

Id say Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Elvis Presley and Genesis.
But Queen and the Beatles are awesome also.

Id say Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Elvis Presley and Genesis.
But Queen and the Beatles are awesome also.

Well your opinion doesn't count! XP. J/j, I jest.

Trust me, I wasn't the one who picked the Beatles. :rolleyes:
It certainly wasn't because of their great music, mm hmm. :rolleyes:
It certainly wasn't because they were the most influential band of their time

:rolleyes:

And the guy on my avatar really is Billy Shears. :rolleyes:

:updown:
Weird mood? Yes, I am in.

Not to mention, the "Let it Be" in your siggy is a great "Beatles" song. But I echo your sentiments, and following in your footprints, I've also "not voted" for "The Beatles".

Warm regards,
~The Legendary Wullfe

Of the list that was provided, I'd have to go with the Beatles & Queen!

The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, The Who, & Led Zeppelin are also among the best classics IMO.

if anyone knows how to add more options to the poll please tell me how to and which options to add. :/ i just realised how empty the list is...

Hey! Where's the BeeGees?! Don't forget them. But yeah, I love the BeeGees. When I was only 9, my dad used to play the guitar and I would sing BeeGees' songs. (Reading lyrics, of course). Yeaaaah, long long time ago.

And Madonna is classic, indeed. "Like a virgin...touched for the very first time!"

The list is far too short. Jon Bon Jovi is a legend.
There's too many to pick from though I think. Bryan Adams was pretty good, and so were Meatloaf and all those other old rock bands.

pink floyd! their music is amazing and their still going(any1 see live8? fucking amazing)

id also say the doors aswell as jimi hendrix both classics

Wow, way to take a century's worth of music and reduce it to 4 artists...2 of which should not even be considered an option.

Of this list, I say Beatles. But I prefer a number of artists...Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Frank Sinatra...you can't constrain such a topic to a 10 selection poll, much less a 4.

I picked other because I think that the best "oldie" singer of all time is Elivis!!! ^_^ then it's ABBA

Oldies? I guess I considered the oldies genre to be...20's thru 50's. Such as Louie Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, and what not...oh well. That's my other ^^

BEACH BOYS!!!

Kokomo, Surf'n USA, I get Around, California Girls, Wouldn't it Be Nice...

Oh man, Sounds of Summer baby...

BEACH BOYS!!!

Kokomo, Surf'n USA, I get Around, California Girls, Wouldn't it Be Nice...

Oh man, Sounds of Summer baby...

Oh hell yeah! The Beach Boys were awesome. I like their Pet Sounds album as well. My dad got a copy of all their greatest hits and by golly, I rather liked their style :cool:

They're Beatle rivals, but hey, they're pretty darn great.

Back