Best Moment In FF Ever

KadoFox

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hey peoples! I was just wondering what you guys think is the best moment in all of final fantasy. For me, it would have to be a scene from VII.

NOW, Usually I would avoid VII, but this is just the greatest moment ever!

When you invade the shinra building and take the violent way in you take the elevator. When you stop it, it can end up on a floor where everyone will get ready to fight and an employee walks in the elevator, stops, then just says "Uh.... I'll just get the next elevator..." He then runs out.

I don't know why, but I found that so freakin hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing and even had to pause the game until I finished. I love classic humor like that.

This is a tough one :gasp:

I think Cecil
becoming a paladin in IV
was pretty memorable. That was the first FF and RPG I ever played, and that moment was a big milestone for me realizing how epic a video game story could be, especially in the face of video games being publicly criticized at the time by many for being silly, "mind-numbing" and "childish". That changed my outlook on games forever, and from that point on I would never look on a game as inferior to any other method of storytelling.

Setzer
going down into Daryl's tomb in VI
was really epic as well, and always sticks in my mind. What he had to go through was really staggering, and to see him actually having the
visual flashbacks as he descends the stairs always makes me cry.
I know everyone in the game had something, but his devil-may-care attitude in the face of it all has always impressed me; and thus to see him
so depressed in the Kohlingen bar was extremely intense because it showed that even he could be brought down by all that was going on.
I think that's probably why his story made the most impact on me in the game out of anyone's :hmmm:

And the scene in VII where
Barret confronts Dyne and Dyne commits suicide was pretty intense too :hmmm: Aerith's death was indeed quite shocking, but I thought there was a lot more complexity to the Barret/Dyne scene,
and it was quite thought-provoking in terms of the things that they discussed there. There was a lot of gravity to the situation, and I think it was one of the major things that defined it as a mature story, rather than something more lighthearted and storybook (even though I do like that also) :hmmm:

I dunno, there are a lot of them, really :lew: And even though two of the three aren't exactly happy, I would name them as the best because they were extremely memorable, and IMO have adequately established FF games--even with all the fluffy chocobos and moogles--as being legitimate mature stories, on the same level as any serious literature or movies.

EDIT: Also--how could I forget--
when Zidane reveals to Garnet that he's still alive at the end of IX
:gonk: A lot of people probably saw it coming, but I was so surprised XD And that scene was probably a bit more storybook and lighter than the other ones I mentioned, but I still loved it :D

There are so many, it's hard to choose.

In FF6, pretty much every time Locke has to remind everyone that's he's a treasure hunter and not a thief. Always cracks me up =P

In FF7, taking the peaceful route up the stairs and watching Barret whine the entire way like a wuss. Hilarious =P

In FF9, Freya's flashback of Fratley, followed by her bittersweet reunion with the man she loves,
only to learn that he has completely forgotten his past, including all the memories they had together. Then seeing them back together in the ending was especially moving, that despite his memory loss, he still fell in love with her all over again.
I also loved the scene in Lindbum when Zidane runs into Freya and they start razzing on each other. I would have loved to see Freya make good on her word and mop the floor with Zidane, but they were just jesting with each other.

In FFX,
Tidus's death. I don't even think Aerith's death could even compare. It was one of the few FF scenes that made my cry.
And then they had to ruin it all with X-2 >.>

In FFVIII,
when you get the Ragnarok, and it suddenly takes off, the whole dialogue between the characters:
Zell: Whoa!
Quistis: Ahh!
Zell: Hey...!
Quistis: Ahh... Excuse me, we're flying?
Zell: I hope this ain't the case but, I can picture Selphie in the pilot seat, and...
Quistis: ...Selphie screaming. Whoo-hoo, we're flying!
Squall: (And standing next to her, a very excited Irvine...)
Then you go up to the control room, and...
Selphie: Whoo-hoo! We're flying!
Irvine: Selphie's just amazing!

I cracked up at that point. I love Selphie :rofl:

Mine's definitely in FFIX, when
at the end, when Zidane appears and shows Garnet he's still alive. My favourite scene in an FF from one of my favourite games ever :ryan: I really enjoyed the whole ending to FFIX actually, it's one of the endings that actually managed to tie up every character's loose ends and we don't go 'what happened to them' etc etc.
Sure, I was expecting the Zidane-Garnet thing but, I still loved it.

In ffx when
when all the aeons started to fade, and sin was leaving forever. Everything that happened in that scene was beautiful, yet bittersweet, especially the part of Tidus' death.

Ooh this is a toughie, IX has many moments I think The battle between Alexander and Bahamut is ace, the run up and the aftermath. Though, I think moreso, for me at least is the 'you are Not Alone' bit, I swear that chokes me up everytime without fail. Just him giving up hope, and the others picking him up for a change, aw that gets to me. Similarily, when Kuja suddenly sees the light, and he seeks redemption, but it's too late, and Zidane goes back to be with him, that always gets me as well

Ehh I think Im inclined to just go with those moments from IX really.

I remember when I had the first suspicion Auron was unsent, then when he refused to go to the farplane, that bit always stood out to me in an 'oh noooooooooooooooo :gonk:' kinda way. Infact, any moment with Auron is a memorable one

Best moment? the ending of FFVII, Cloud's face when he sees Aerith's hand is just... priceless. :ryan: so beautiful. Definitely one of the most memorable scenes for me.

Tidus and Yuna's kiss scene. <3 It's just so romantic. I love this music, the setting, how they embrace each other--it's just so sweet.

Squall and Rinoa's rescue scene in space
... just so romantic T_T makes me wanna fangirl cry.

I'll do more later. =3

Tidus and Yuna's kiss scene. <3 It's just so romantic. I love this music, the setting, how they embrace each other--it's just so sweet.

That's funny. I laughed at that part. Only because I saw an English translation of the Korean version that was horribly translated. They called that lake "The Lake of Hallucination Flowers." When that scene came up and they flew away, I was like "Why are they flying?!" To which my friend replied "What part of Lake of Hallucination Flowers don't you understand?!"

I figured no spoilers were necessary for this, considering VII is the most popular title. Besides, if you were so spoiler-cautious, why would you come into a thread with this title?

When Sephiroth killed Aerith. Yes, I'm a cynical, sadistic, unforgiving bastard. Aerith is only important in my eyes in a 'no materia' run. Besides, Sephiroth is my favorite character in ANY game, of course I'd pick his most badass scene...oh wait..he has another...

When he FUCKING BURNED A TOWN TO THE GROUND. *ahem* He set fire to Nibelheim within ten seconds or so, stared Cloud down like he was nothing, and casually walked through the flames.

Aerith dying was both the best and worst moment in final fantasy history... Very emotional, watching that scene is enough to make me go emo on my birthday..

a close second was the opera scene in ffvi.. I purposely failed at it so I could watch it again lol..

I would say when the FFX crew arrives in Bevelle sliding down those things looking to fight everyone.

FFXIII in chapter 12? when they're heading to Eden, that scene was the best thing of the game xD It was pretty badass. At Snow's moment being too enthusiastic and reveiling his brand that way was a facepalm moment xD

Oh and Sazh's moments sometimes, like in chapter 2/3 when he's with Lightning and Lightning has to open the door and Sazh expects a bang xD

FFVIII- Intro scene. I love sword fights... x.x

Can't think of anything more now.

I won't spoiler this as it doesn't really give anything away, but if I were to pick one moment, it would be during the ending in FFVIII, when Laguna looks up to see Balamb Garden flying above him, and Eyes on Me segues into the main Final Fantasy theme as the credits begin to roll (and the camcorder bit begins) - it's just magical, my favourite part of my favourite ending.

I really liked the scene with Squall and Rinoa up in space. It was really romantic.
Oh and when Squall and Rinoa kiss at the end.

Then I'd have to say Tidus and Yuna's kiss scene. It was incredible romantic. I didn't know if they were flying or not and I had no idea about that "Lake of Hallucination Flowers". That was a bit of new information for me.

Next would be the happy feeling I got after FF6 end, so that. The way it showed the planet regaining life made me feel good. xD

And then Aerith's death. That was a very good, but sad, moment.

:- I'm having trouble with the spoiler tags. Can a mod please, please fix this ?? Please don't read below if you haven't played FF 5 or FF9. Sorry to everybody.

:sad3:
To me it was when in Final Fantasy IX when Garnet broke through her depression, and the speech the Zidane told her to help her during her worse moment. Garnet was just so upset about everything she's gone through, with loosing her mothers, the destruction of her kingdom and other villages that she had to wittiness, and not to mention being kidnapped and almost killed by her own mum, And looking down at her mum's grave, Zidane tells her that she's special like the diamond gem she's named after, and a pure treasure, and then Garnet realizes that she must move away from her past and be strong, and she cuts her hair... she cuts away all her bad memories, and she starts all over again... and then she turns to Zidane and smiles.

Also FF V with Galuf's death, most people believe that Aerith's death was the most magical and the most heartbreaking. But his sacrifice for his friends and gran-daughter, was just amazing... and his rage for Ex-death and how much anger he showed towards Ex-death when his friends and family were harmed. It shows you how much Galuf really cares about his friends and gran-daughter. Also not long loosing my own Grandfather, who was really special to me. This scene really touched me emotionally. Also the bit where they try and revive him with Phoenix downs and nothing happens, and no matter what they do, or how they beg, they can't bring Galuf back..... so sad.

Sorry if I wrote too much. It's just those scenes are just... wow....

Last edited:
I think Cecil
becoming a paladin in IV
was pretty memorable. That was the first FF and RPG I ever played, and that moment was a big milestone for me realizing how epic a video game story could be, especially in the face of video games being publicly criticized at the time by many for being silly, "mind-numbing" and "childish". That changed my outlook on games forever, and from that point on I would never look on a game as inferior to any other method of storytelling.

Right there. The first fight ever in a Final Fantasy where you
win by not fighting
. It shows a character's struggle with their self, and their triumph by not giving in to what they used to be. Like Gamingway said, it showed that games could truly be methods of storytelling on par with the rest.

Two other moments really struck me in the series:

VIII - Playing as Laguna for the first time. It was very out of the blue, and very surreal at first. In spite of having no prior introductions, by the end of that sequence I liked Laguna and Co. more than the entire main cast (minus Seifer).

VII - Escape from Shin-Ra HQ. Nothing like getting out of your cells to find some extremely creepy bloodstains and the threat of the biggest bad of all looming over you. I'm a big fan of horror, though, so this scene had an unfair advantage compared to the many touching/heartwarming scenes in most of the games.

Best moment?

FFIV when
Cecil becomes a paladin
or when Golbez
says that he is Cecils brother
( I did'nt see that coming).

and whole FFVII game was memorable and epic it's hard to say which part was the best moment.

Back