Crisis Core battle system love it or hate it??

Personally, i dislike games that have you trying to find a better weapon throughout the game, DMW was an awsome addition to final fantasy and i think they should use it more, and for thirds, i loved the way you dont have to use the O button in this to confirm your decisions^^ apart from VII, i love this games abttle system, back to the weapon thing...its like your father giving you his sword, it means a lot and it symbolizes love, but then you get a different sword and its like that all goes down the drain, also in games, its like the weapon does the fighting for you and not your own strength...(sorry for the rant and going off topic)

You can skip them by pressing X or O.

Oh thank you! I didn't know that. I'll definitely put this new-found knowledge to use.

Anyway, I absolutely love the battle-system! At first it kinda made me nervous as I always think that I suck at these type of battles...you know, running around and randomly hitting enemies here and there. There's really no time for strategy at all. It is a bit frustrating toggling through by pressing L1 and L2, but I'm pretty used to it by now.

Ah, I still don't know what to think about shopping for potions whenever you want. Sure it makes it easier for us, but knowing that I can always buy potions when I ran out makes me wanna use potions carelessly and whenever I want, which makes me a little over-confident in battle. Yesss, I know I can control the amount I use if I want a challenge, but I'm just saying. :P

I personly love this battle system! at first i was all like "what the crap?" but after awhile i started to really like it ^-^

The battle system I love. The DMW is also a great addition - except the leveling part. I think they should have kept that a controlled part of the game. Not leveling up for a few missions and then all of a sudden, I'm eight levels up on the next two missions. It's almost irritating, but then again there is a hidden experience factor.

I love this new battle system. It not only speeds the battles up, but it adds more of a realistic phase to a fight(as others have mentioned). Could you imagine fighting a boss with 66k health, and having 1 character doing 1k-1.5k every attack. And waiting in between each attack. That would take forever and probably waste away a ton of battery for just 1 fight. Just my opinion I love the new system.

the battle system is mehh to me. not much of a challenge except getting used to pressing O to go back to attack. i just really hate the fact that leveling is out of your control and the dmw randomly pops out >( i wish the dmw reel was like wakka's where you would press a button for the slots to stop. the only thing i like about the dmw is the small cut scenes, theyre funny ^.^

After reading some of these posts, it sounds like the battle system is very good overall, but yes, this stuff about getting things to randomly appear in slots, then not getting what you want, does sound frustrating...

But I don't mind at all that the summon scenes are long, I'll just take in the scene in all of it's awesomeness! I'll mostly be just summoning Bahamut and Bahamut Fury anyways, so it won't be that much of a chore to watch a long scene of these beasts in action.

Something about that didn't sound right... o_O

Sounds alright to me :neomon:

I love the new DMW battle system though, at first I was like whaaaa? When I first played it because the reels confused the hell out of me but with the help of ♥Sayuri♥ or EMIYA (one of the two) I understand it now :)
But I love the randomness because you just, well, don't know what you are going to get and it's a sigh of relief when you get summons in boss battles. I love Cissnei's limit break though :gasp:

It's just nice to see that SE aren't afraid to try any new ideas.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved the battle system. Thank god for something new and refreshing, eh? It was nice to be able to move around the battle field and do various things: Guard, Evade - etc. I really really enjoyed it! Hopefully, this invention of the fresh and ' new ' will continue to abound in Final Fantasy. I really enjoyed it! :)

I must say that the Guard feature is completely useless for me. =/ I can't seem to time it properly...it's a little different than the Dodge roll evade when you press the square button (and THAT is very useful).

The DMV system took awhile getting used to, but it's not so bad when I finally understood it. I like it, in fact, but it's not the best system out there. Overall though, I thoroughly enjoy the battle system anyway just because it's something different.

the game play is good but the story...........so saad

Mod edit: Please put more effort into your posts in future. Thank you.
- Try saying something like why you like/dislike it. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. But im use to the old taking turns battle system. But doesn't matter, I enjoy it a lot. Including the story.

To be honest I loved the battle system so much winning battles with the system was so much fun and easy for me then it usually is. :P I really hope they use this battle system in more Final Fantasy games.It was just awesome how you could dodge a attack that an enemy tries to throw at you. :D

At first i thought it was kind of irritating, but now that im used to it and good at it im really whooping some ass. XD

but i'm stuck at the battle with Genesis ._. i allmost kicked his ass and then out of nothing i'm frickin dead $^($$%(*^(*#%(^% frustration :gasp:

The battle system was decent: it reminded me of "The Bouncer" (in fact this game reminded me of The Bouncer....but a longer version, Crisis Core seemed to be at least 20-30 percent cut scenes) and a mix of "Kingdom Hearts" into one package (both battle systems are somewhat alike, but differ from each other much: example - the use of acquired skills or combat skills). Rotation of the player camera while in battle is a nice addition. Over all, -decent game play-

I always thought there was a percentage which represents "summon rate" on the summons (I may be wrong, but heck I beat the game in a couple of days and haven't touched it till this day, planning to sell it...ignore this comment if I'm wrong about the summon.)

I really like the battle system so far, it's not as fiddly as DoC by a long shot. I took to it really easily and I'm liking it so far :monster:

I don't really get that DMW and it's randomness though...or maybe it's not random and I just haven't read the tutorials proper :monster:

I think the battle system's great! It's fast, and fun to play. The whole "entering battle phase" and "conflict resolved" thing is REALLY annoying though.

And, like Bambi, I dislike how random the DMW seems, but it makes the game fun ^^

The DMW is entirely pointless, since it's all based on sheer luck. It's a good idea, but was too rushed. If the player had some control over the reels then it'd be far better. You should be able to stop the middle reel, and have control over stopping all three of the numbers. At least that way, it'd involve the player and not balance the long battles on some complete luck. =/
Also, the "initiating combat mode" and "conflict resolved" is just irritating when you're getting into a battle every three steps. I don't see why you can't be in combat mode all the time, but I suppose that way it'd be a lot like FFXII. D:

And what's up with the random flashbacks that you sometimes get, or the random pictures that pop up? There doesn't seem to be any need for them, and in the first battle I was in after Cissnei was added to the DMW, I had a flashback that involved her. Wtf?

So yeah, the battle system isn't that good.

once you reach lv 40 its all over i leveled up like 5 times in 8 hours

Mod Edit:
Please can we stick to the question and say whether or not you liked the battle system rather than levelling up. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back