Crisis Core battle system love it or hate it??

I've only started playing and i love the battle system. It IS alot like Kingdom hearts but i have a feeling as i play into it more it will be way better if you get my meaning

The battle system was admireable, but the level up system was to be booed.

The Battle system is the best! Its very similar to kingdom hearts! For once theres no atb! no wait your turn:D! Theres actually Limit Breaks! but the only flaw is the leveling up!:(

the battle system is brilliant there's only two things i'd change and that it is, you can choose who the limit breaks hit (unless they hit every1) and summon materia should be with the rest of the materia instead of the dmw, or there's a summon special in the dmw and a normal summon attack that you can choose

For a spin off FF game I suppose it's ok.

But I hate the fact that you have no control over the special attacks and that it is all randomly generated. Especialy the summons and "chocobo" characters which are hardly ever seen (I've yet to se some of the summons I have in action).

Interesting for a while, but would not like to see it again in another game. Also because it limits you to one character!

i think it only really works for the psp if they brought onto the ps3 it just wouldn't be as good

I still prefer turn based battles. It gives you time to do things properly / do things other than smash buttons.

I don't like too much about the battle system, because that is different with other final fantasy battle system :tidus:

-Links Removed-
Please do not self advertise. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the battle system of FF7 Crisis Core. It was fast and strategic. It made you think fast. The only bad thing was you could mash X the whole time and you would win.

It's very very predictable.. You know excactly when you are going to get a battle. You know that whenever you get to an area slightly wider than the path you are walking on that some monsters will spawn. As a result alot of the map design in tis game is crap. But hey, as a spin off thats acceptable, just please don't drag the main series down to this.

You know that whenever you get to an area slightly wider than the path you are walking on that some monsters will spawn.
That's annoyingly pointless. About 90% of the time, the battles are easily avoidable just by walking around the edge of those areas. Which makes the whole idea of it a bit irrelevant really.

That's annoyingly pointless. About 90% of the time, the battles are easily avoidable just by walking around the edge of those areas. Which makes the whole idea of it a bit irrelevant really.

I agree... The battle system / way of encountering a battle is repetitive, annoying and easy. There is never a challenge even in the fight. All you have to do is roll behind the enemy and continue to hammer the x button until it drops dead. The only fight I've felt challenged in so far is with Bahamut Fury when he gets out of range and you can't roll behind him.

Also.. The missions are painfully repetitive... I say to myself each time I go into the mission "hmm.. I wonder which of the 5-10 standard maps they'll throw me into this time", and "hmm... I wonder how many enemys I will have to fight in the usual and repetitive manner"...

But realy, I'm glad this is a spin off. I can cope with it in that respect. But if this style ever creeps into the main game series then this series realy is doomed and would seem to have lost most of what made FF's good. :sad2:

It'd be a decent system to actually use in a full-length game, but it needs more work. Like losing the randomness of the DMW, and having challenging battles. A bit more variety in the maps wouldn't go amiss either. Sort that out, and it's a system worth using.

The battle system i actually loved, I liked FF7;s better but i give this a 8/10, the good things but i are, its extremely easy to dodge enemy magic, except cutscene attacks, dnt kno if this is part of this but I LOVE how you can get 99999 HP and do 99999 damage

SORRY MY KYBOARD BUTTONS RE STICkING

Im not a fan of real battle and this system was different, but it just wasnt for me. I cant be torn from my old turn based games and this just didnt sratch the gaming itch.

The battle system was definately something new and different, which I give SE props for. That said, I got quite annoyed hearing "entering combat mode" over and over, and I got very bored of how repetitive every battle was =/ Hack and slash a little here, use a little magic here, and yay! You've won!

What I really did like about the new battle system though was the DMW. It really did help me out in battles, despite the fact that I never knew what it was going to do. So overall, the battle system was ok imo. It's definately not my favorite, but it wasn't just awful either.

I love this game. It's good to get a change from the usual turn based system. Also, the levelling is not as random as it seems. Each of the monsters you fight does have EXP points allocated to it and although you don't see it, the game does have an EXP counter for levelling purposes.

I do agree the missions are kind of repetitive though. Would like to have seem some more maps.

I love this battle system a lot! It's really fun, makes battles more dynamic and, IMO it also immerses you more into the game. You gotta be ready to dodge/block an enemy's attack while at the same time you're trying to land a few blows on that very same enemy. It's quite fun! And the D.M.W. sure helps a lot! Has saved my ass (or well, Zack's xD) more than a couple of times! So yeah! D.M.W. ftw! ^^

Back