Aww...aren't you cute. NOW DIE

I did remember trying to avoid those bunnies that appear...i felt bad killing them:S

All Final Fantasy titles have "cute" monsters who you have to slaughter, the differance is that on the other FF titles you couldn't really avoid them since you stepped on a piece of grass and there you went into battle mode.

In FFXII you have to run against the monsters which is more realistic but on the other hand it means that you only pick the fights that you want, even if it is against a black/red chocobo or a bunny (i forgot their name), so in that way it can seem kind of cruel.

But that's just the way nature works if those bunny monsters started reproducing themselfes in large numbers then we would also be in a deep problem.

That was pretty funny. But no, they're there for EXP and goodies and I will do whatever it is in my power to poach all of those items from their cold, lifeless carcasses. :gasp:

Glad to see you have a heart though. (y)

I feel the same way!

Although, i have a seperate, and whole new level of hatred for the Malboros. Ever since FF8, when i got my first encounter with them i've hated them with a passion. Same in FFX.

To come in FFXII, and find i can 1-hit them and farm loot from them, it makes my fustration fly away :)

Awww seeing this I rememberd when I got the game my TV had died so I had to use the living room one...And my mom refused to let me kill the bunnies because they where to cute and sweet looking otherwise she wouldnt let me play the game and when they started healing me I started thinking aww how cute myself

If you really want to think about it, you're messing up a natural ecosystem. You're a human being, running up to these monsters minding themselves in their natural environment, and killing them. And then, in a little bit, you leave that area and never have to look at it again or know the damage you have done to them. You steal from them and you poach them, and you just go on your merry way.

On the other hand, those bastards try to kill you when you're weak, and they take your HP, and they make you use up your MP, and they make your movement through their environment hard as crap.

I think of it as "An eye for an eye", so to speak. So I don't feel bad about killing those little jerks. :awesome:

xD

We're different in that regard. I don't even think about the ecosystem thing, good thing it's a game 'cause if it was really I think the world would be barren when I got through with it.

As I stated. I NEED the LP (My drug from FFXII), and those little bastards have some, so they DIE! D:<

Well...in this game I can't call them monsters,they remind me more off animals,the way they behave,just...different from the animals we have.They'd just attack you if they felt threatened.
Usually monsters are depicted as more evil,attacking mindlessly.
It was an interesting version of "monsters" but like I said they looked more like wild animals,I actually felt like a hunter,especially when I was hunting "loot".

yeah at first I feel bad when I am preparing to slaughter some innocent sleeping creature...but my guilt is followed by laughter as I see them wake up to getting their face destroyed lol. The elementals pissed me off...It was tomy understanding they wouldnt attack me...But I have gambits set to give myself protect when it wears off...So they always silencaga me and try to kill me...I feel no guilt for those stupid things.

I didn't want to kill them, I always thought "aww, you're just going about doing your own thing, and I come and stick an axe in you..."
But I needed the exp and the bestiary things...

The bunnies, the bunnies were the only creature I didn't kill. At first! Of course it was an added bonus when I found out that they healed you given you lingered around them long enough, but once they stopped doing that, yes they stopped and won't heal me anymore, I decided to throw it all to the wind and get some loot to sell.

The chocobos are absolutely fun to hunt down and kill, the ones that are docile that is. The ones that are already hostile are just predictable, but I believe the docile creatures, the ones that don't attack right away, might have some moves hidden up their sleeves. Maybe.

Oh has anyone noticed that the croc, can't remember if it's the bullcroc or another, is docile and of course when you attack it becomes hostile that it doesn't really attack you? It's little health bar just turns red and it stands there. Glitch maybe?

The bunnies, the bunnies were the only creature I didn't kill. At first! Of course it was an added bonus when I found out that they healed you given you lingered around them long enough, but once they stopped doing that, yes they stopped and won't heal me anymore, I decided to throw it all to the wind and get some loot to sell.

The chocobos are absolutely fun to hunt down and kill, the ones that are docile that is. The ones that are already hostile are just predictable, but I believe the docile creatures, the ones that don't attack right away, might have some moves hidden up their sleeves. Maybe.

Oh has anyone noticed that the croc, can't remember if it's the bullcroc or another, is docile and of course when you attack it becomes hostile that it doesn't really attack you? It's little health bar just turns red and it stands there. Glitch maybe?
You enjoy killing docile things? Now if that isn't some ruthless phyco talk I don't know what its. In my town a cat was burned by somebody on the news I'm sure you did it.

Given the way you can actually just see the monsters meandering about minding their own business in this game, didn't you ever feel kinda bad when you blew them up/beat them to death/poisoned them/stabbed them/etc.?

True, a lot of them are mean and a lot of them are ugly too. But there are plenty of nice critters about that the game allows you to kill.

Yes, and this is the same way i felt when i played Shadow of the Colossus.:cry:

You enjoy killing docile things? Now if that isn't some ruthless phyco talk I don't know what its. In my town a cat was burned by somebody on the news I'm sure you did it.

Actually no I do not, I'm not like that in reality. In the game it doesn't matter because it's a game, not real. However as the owner of two cats myself I'm against any form of cruelty to any animal and probably would have lit the person on fire that burned that poor cat. You shouldn't judge someone by what they do in a game, and make it seem as if they are like that in real life.

I may have worded my post wrong, but of course this thread is about killing cute creatures in a video game is it not? Or am I wrong?

Hm... I didn't like killing the Vorpal Bunny. It was gorgeous.
Sometimes, I felt kinda sad when I killed them, but hey, I'm a completionist, so I wanted to get all the Bestiary page(s) for it.

Back