FFX-2 Already know how FFX-2 ends! Should I still play it?

OSU12

Gil
Long story short, I just replayed FFX for the first time since its release, and totally forgot how emotional that game got me. I had to know if Tidus makes a reappearance this game, and in doing so pretty much just spoiled how the perfect ending to this game is.

Did anyone else know this before playing? Did it make you enjoy the game less? I played this for about 30 minutes and was a bit turned off by how incredibly different the atmosphere of this game is. Is the story still worth playing through would you think? There's no way in hell I'm going to get 100%, and I don't already know any other ending other than the perfect one.

Sorry, I know there is a subforum but I figure there's a better chance I'll get an answer here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's worthwhile. ^_^ There are some additional details in the game! By playing X-2, you'll learn more about Spira and how it's developed, a little more about the people; there's even a scene/battle with Yunaleska somewhere. I'm looking forward to finding out what exactly happened to her after X. :wacky:

I've only recently started it (for the second time), so I certainly know what you mean about the different atmosphere; the game is thematically different to X. It's more about how civilisations can adapt to change and rebuild their world, political struggles, as well as dealing with the past in order to move forwards. :hmmm: I think this makes an interesting story - it's not about Yuna entirely, but about Spira and its people as a whole. Speaking of which, the game does have some intriguing sub-plots; the characters Lenne, Shuyin and Paine are interesting additions to Spira.

Oh, and as a sidenote, I think it's worth playing for the battle system too. ^_^ It's a sort of mesh between the job systems and Paradigm system. :lew: I love exploring how the various systems work in FF games. =)

Sorry, I know you want more people to notice this thread, but it doesn't change the fact that you are posting it in the wrong section, and according to the forum rules, it has to be moved.

*thread moved to FFX-2*

To answer your question, I think by now you know that FFX-2 has an extreme pop and girly feel to it. Most people don't like the game because of this.
Anyway, Tidus himself isn't the real main focus in the story. If you can get past the girly stuff, you will still enjoy the main story, battle system and sidequests.

I like the OP have beggining to play X-2 and is a great game, i didnt like the recycled enemies and places but the battle system is awesome and the happy feel is a great contrast from the sad feel of FFX, the girls are hot and the story i funny and the end i bet will be very emotional.

X-2 is a good game, I'm not sure which ending you're talking about, since you don't need 100% to get Tidus back, you get another scene entirely for 100%.

The game is good for the gameplay mostly, and Pein's story is amazing, I replay it for her story more than Yuna's since I don't care for what they've done to Yuna's personality in X-2. It's a lot more lighthearted and there's much more choice about what you do and don't do. It's a lot about exploring what has become of the world of Spira rather than Yuna finding Tidus, although that's initially what brought her on the journey she's on in X-2, it ends up being about much more than that. Definitely worth playing.

there's even a scene/battle with Yunaleska somewhere. I'm looking forward to finding out what exactly happened to her after X. :wacky:

I think you're mistaken here, Yunaleska doesn't make an appearence in X-2 at all. Sorry if you were hoping for that :(

Xx..xX

What I loved about FFX-2 were the lost spheres. You could watch those special spheres you find over and over again. I found them so freeking awesome at the time.
They were like a part of history captured on footage.

Also you know that old Measter or just old man with green clothing? You have to do special things to get the percentage you want when talking to him. Never click him away! Just bear with it and hear him out. The whole bang.

He tells pretty valuable things tbh. What a wise old ghost he was :P

Thanks for the responses guys. I was unaware you didn't need a 100% completion rate to get Tidus back... I really wish now that I didn't know that and had just played the game! It would have been such an incredibly GREAT surprise >.< but oh well...

You guys have convinced me to play the game, and I'm starting to accept the huge theme change and overall feel, and am enjoying it now! Thanks a ton.

Thanks for the responses guys. I was unaware you didn't need a 100% completion rate to get Tidus back... I really wish now that I didn't know that and had just played the game! It would have been such an incredibly GREAT surprise >.< but oh well...

You guys have convinced me to play the game, and I'm starting to accept the huge theme change and overall feel, and am enjoying it now! Thanks a ton.

Sorry! :wtf: If it makes you feel better there are certain things you must do to get that ending, so it's not definitely going to happen on your first playthrough. I didn't get it till my second time.

Xx..xX

to be honest, the story was not exactly the selling point of ffx-2 haha.

I still enjoyed it fairly well and there are multiple endings to the game; it really should not be that big of a deal.

Well, I played X-2 as it came out, never had a clue you had to do certain things to get Tidus in the end so I got the sad/normal ending, and I thought that was the ending for years until -I think 2007- I checked youtube and voilá, I saw a bit of that last fmv. I was like "waaaaaht is tihsss" and how come I didn't see this and played it again to watch the ending (so I played the game 2 times with 3 years of difference!).

If you've already seen the ending and all...well, depends on you. The game is fun if a bit sappy, if you have it layin' around somewhere sure, give it a go! though there's a reason I dislike prequels...'cause I already know the ending so I guess I couldn't do it if I had seen the whole ending already!

Back