[29/11] Hajime Tabata Wants to Make a 3rd Birthday Sequel; Framework for Type-0 Sequel Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
7YFDa.jpg

Hajime Tabata just finished work on his latest project, Final Fantasy Type-0. So what's he working on now?

In a Famitsu interview this week, Tabata reveals that he's working on nothing at the moment. However, he does have some ideas on what he wants to do.

Tabata says that he's been thinking about a sequel to The 3rd Birthday, the game he directed before Type-0. However, he believes that Square Enix policy will require that he work on something else -- specifically, a new entry in the subseries spawned by Type-0. In fact, a framework for a sequel in the "Type" series is already being worked on, he said.

Tabata added that he wants to make a console game. He's said this in past interviews.

Regarding Type-0, Tabata describes sales as being very good, but added that he wants the game to sell even more. He feels that, for the first entry in a new series, the game has received a good response.

Source: Andriasang

Ooh yay, let's make another shallow Aya Brea without a personality and have her prance around wearing more ridiculous outfits!

This doesn't really surprise me in all honesty, I'm sure at one point Square-Enix registered 'Type-1', 'Type-2', 'Type-3' and 'Type-4'. I think the fact that put an actual number in the title of a game that is no longer considering a part of the "numbered franchise" indicated there will be more sequels to the game.

A 3rd birthday sequel on console would be nice. It could either go on the Vita or PS III/360. I would not mind either. Hopefully they do not make Aya have ridiculous costumes if they do ever develop a sequel. I can not count on that, as this is Japan we are talking about. That shower scene, which could have just been watched online, was very challenging to get and very time consuming as well. I find that quite stupid. Who is going to go through all that? :lew: Type-0 Sequel? I saw this coming already. A good start would be localizing Type-0 first though, instead of giving us all these hoaxes. :hmph:

Last edited:
First FFXIII-2 and now Type-0 sequals planned. First make better games SE than already planning sequals for mediocre games.....:ffs: I dont think making sequals will redeem you of your failures....pfff

Type 0 sequels dont bother me as its on a portable. It's a spin off series and a good one at that. Plus it just means they dont have to make a min numbered entry on a portable to piss people off (which I have no problem with).

My problem is the 3rd Birthday sequel. The 3rd Birthday was the worst game Ive played in a LONG time. The characters were awful, the voice acting was atrocious, and the story was told in such a disjointed terrible manner. I loved the first two Parasite Eve's but they took it from being a science horror game and turned it into a time travel game that completely messed with the personality of the characters and essentially doing away with the protagonist.

Didn't The Third Birthday do to Aya Brea what Metroid: Other M did to Samus Aran? I'm sure that will go down a storm with the fans of the series. But then, I don't think Square Enix know what a strong female protagonist is anymore. Alas.

If they do make a sequel to Type-0, I wonder how many more character designs they'll recycle and rip-off for new cast members, assuming there are any. I'm actually quite interested to see what else they'll come out with. But all they really need to do is make a game about Mutsuki trying to establish her own workshop. We don't need all this excess baggage in the cast, she'd be able to carry the game by herself <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back