[29/10] Versus XIII version of Lucis worshipped Reapers - age ratings said no to that

...I'm sorry, but how can ANYONE here WITH NO access to vital insider information "prove" or provide "proof" of anything? No one has proven anything and nor can proof be provided. You have merely argued (incessantly and in circular) conjecture that has to be repeated over and over again. :srsly:

THIS IS WHY, Square Enix; this is why you fucked it up by not just completely aborting everything Versus related and starting over completely afresh. Not to mention your terrible PR and you deserve all the whining going on across the internet.

...I'm sorry, but how can ANYONE here WITH NO access to vital insider information "prove" or provide "proof" of anything? No one has proven anything and nor can proof be provided. You have merely argued (incessantly and in circular) conjecture that has to be repeated over and over again. :srsly:
Lunafreya Nox Feluret has been talking out of her butt for the longest time. She has no choice but to put down everything. But i can back up my information. Seriously, when Final Fantasy XV was announced, we were told they were the same game and that the name change didn't mean anything different for XVersus (thats what i'm going to personally call it for the time that they were both the same thing). Sometime after Nomrua left, Tabata announced that the game has been different.
THIS IS WHY, Square Enix; this is why you fucked it up by not just completely aborting everything Versus related and starting over completely afresh. Not to mention your terrible PR and you deserve all the whining going on across the internet.
Which abort are you talking? Are you talking about when FFversus 13 decision to move to next gen and be renamed XV. This a direct quote from Nomura"we discussed with the company about whether it was really okay considering we had action-based battles and all these other things we tried to do because it wasn't a numbered title. That was not a problem for them, so our direction hasn't changed.http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/19/4444292/tetsuya-nomura-and-why-final-fantasy-versus-13-became-final-fantasy-15^^^ This source disproves A LOT of what Lunfreya Nox Fleuret has been saying. BUT near the end, he still makes Final Fantasy 15's vision hasn't been changed when it was originally announced. So XV was still going to be Versus at heart.

Gvqu5L9.jpg

This image is beautiful.

Where did the initial stab at guessing who the figures represent come from? Was there a comment by someone from SE about this?

I've read some slightly different interpretations. Is the mermaid figure Leviathan, or is she Siren, for example? Is the serpent just a random serpent from Hell, or is it Leviathan?

Is that really Ifrit at the bottom, or just a hellish demon? My guess is just a random demon since there are more than one of them. There are 4 or more demons that look virtually identical in appearance (humanoid, with horns), but in different poses. The Medusa figure is not necessarily Medusa herself, but just a gorgon representing the sorts of creatures you could expect to encounter in Hell.

Is this truly a new form of Ultros? Or is that wishful thinking and it is instead Kraken (another recurring FF staple which is usually a more intimidating foe)?

I'm interested in the Reaper. Is this going to be an originally named entity? Or is it going to be a version of another FF summon / deity / monster that is already established? Is it Hades?

I think, as can be expected, people have tried desperately to figure out what is depicted, and this has lead to some hasty labeling.

A fascinating piece of artwork nonetheless, and I am curious to find out what it means, if it means as much as it appears to mean.

Nobody knows for sure. Square Enix have called it a sneak peek of things to come once you complete Duscae. If you haven't seen the video, I'd say the painting matches the poem in Cosmogony: Nadir really well. Square Enix have already commented on the summons being few in the game though. If you're interested, here is the quote from Tabata:

Tabata:
The big fuzzy thing you saw at the end of the trailer is not a summon monster or Eidolon. But to come back to your question about other summons – of course there are more. The idea behind the summoning monsters in Final Fantasy XV is that they are not such random creatures, where you’ve got no idea where they come from. They not only show up and suddenly disappear – they all have reasons and purposes. They fit into the world as something that lives there.

Even the ones you have seen so far – they all have some sort of function or role in the structure of the world itself. The future summons that we are going to show also have that strong link to the game world.

In previous Final Fantasy games the summons never played a massive part in the main story. They were there, but they were more for combat. In XV they play a key part.

"Regarding summons, Tabata says there aren’t many in the game. You’ll encounter them in the story and they won’t care at all about what’s happening in the human realm. We don’t know what they think either. Summons have their own intelligence, gender, and willpower. Their behavior is very different from that of humans. They play an important role in the concept of the “power of the stars.”

"O'er rotted Soil, under blighted Sky,
A dread Plague the Wicked has wrought (Refrencing the Reaper, possibly)

In the Light of the Gods, Sword-Sword at his Side, (This is referencing how Noctis has the light on his side) <--- Possibly alludes to Luna or how Noctis can see when people are about to get hurt due to his near death experience.
'Gainst the Dark the King's battle is fought (Noctis will eventually become King like his father and fight evil)

From the Heavens high, to the Blessed below,
Shines the Beam of a Peace long besought (this is referencing the armatrice that ends up becoming a ruse and therefore Insomnia is invaded)

Long live thy Line and these Stones divine, (This line is referencing the line of family in Lucis) They are all at war with Nilfheim (Idola Aldercapt) This makes sense since the crown city is invaded and Luna is presumed dead, along with Noctis after the armatrice is a ruse.

For the Night when All comes to Naught" (This is referencing the plague of stars or blood moon): In order to prevent the Plague of the Star from advancing, Luna uses her powers. Because of this Plague, as the days go by, the nights also lengthen. Luna is preventing the world from plunging into complete darkness. The long nights will also affect game play. When you advance in the story, the nights get longer. According to Tabata, there is a very important meaning behind the word “dawn.” What is the plague of stars? Well, basically the moon becoms blood and day time becomes shorter. Eventually, only night will exist and the world will be flooded in darkness and plagues. I would think that since Tabata said FFXV will have a villain to surpass all other FF villains, that this villain capable of powers like this is very powerful. Don't forget that at night enemies are plentiful AND TOUGHER.

Cosmogony 15:2, "Nadir"

I guess, you can look at it like me and say the poem is directly related to the painting in some ways. Sure, this is not original, but they are using the poem as a stepping-stone to help understand the events of FF XV.

Based on this: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Archaean I'd think that there are "good" summons and "bad" summons. I would imagine the Reaper is its own entity, yes since we only ever see one of them. However, the reaper in its versus form is likely not the same as XV, so keep that in mind because the article in this thread kind of tell us that the reaper worship was taboo for other countries. We already know that Leviathan, Ramuh, and Titan are the rather important summons in the game so far, and maybe to some extent, the reaper. Here's what I think: Noctis can call upon these summons after beating them in battle but there are summons limited to light and darkness. Perhaps Nilfheim possesses the power to summon evil entities, whilst only the summons under light are interested in protecting the human realm.

When you listen to the answers given, there is a level of "truth" and "official". With Square Enix (and this includes Eidos as well) they are persistent on giving an official answer. From what the progress of Final Fantasy XV was from 2013 to 2014 was that A) Final Fantasy XV is just a name change and nothing more. B) Still part of the FNC, and C) Was pushed for next gen to push the look and feel Versus was going for.

I have proven time and time again, but the moment i bring it up, no one says a damn thing. You all run off and don't want to bother. So maybe if you want to prove me to think that i'm wrong, actually prove me wrong.

Still forgetting the most important piece of information: Versus was XV. At 2013, we knew that Versus was XV. all it was a name change and push for next-gen tech. That's all. Everything else would remain the same.

We saw only very few key scenes from Versus, but look back at the trailers and you'll see something different.

For the record, Final Fantasy XV car traveling will definitely be linear as well. And its going to be heavily linear when getting from point A to point B. Even the key action scenes were linear. When leviathan attacked, most of that is following the path presented. The only difference is that we got to have a demo for it to explore around and see how non-linear it is. But the trailers all suggest its linear, no matter what.

Right here, this is where you're talking out of your butt. You have no proof of that. Not even Tabata said that.

There's just a huge flaw in your thinking when it comes to Versus. Versus didn't hit full production in those times, and because it wasn't able to hit full production at the time, things like voice-acting and such weren't even concrete yet. But what they were able to show they were able to talk about. Granted, Antagonists are still a mystery even up to now. But also keep in mind that Nomura has been wanting to talk about Versus even before then but was never given the go-ahead to do so.

Again, you're treating Versus was gone the moment it became XV. and that's simply not the case. What we saw in 2013 was Versus, it was just renamed to XV. At the time it was still part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis project, it still had Stella. It was during 2013 - 2014 that changes were made. Stella in 2013 trailer was gone, but Luna was added in. King Regis was redesigned and couldn't reveal at the time because it was a "spoiler" (and now we know why, which to be honest is a stupid reason).

I'm going to repeat myself....Versus and Xv were the same thing at one point. There was no issues with the plot, story, or anything. The change happened in 2015 when XV and versus no longer the same thing. Tabata couldn't say "fuck off" and scrap all his stuff. Company wouldn't allow for such an expensive game to be delayed even further. Keynote: FFXV is more expensive than GTA5 and

The same way i know that my best friend who knows each other so well wont write the same story the exact same way even if they have the same notes, endings and such. You see there's something important that people must take into consideration. "Vision" and "Concept" are two different things. Concepts can be said by words or script, even done by graphics and gameplay features. But "vision" vision is using the way you perceive it. NOmura and Tabata will not have the exact same vision, is Tabata trying to share that vision? Well, if he was, why did he feel to modify King Regis so late in the design if Nomura didn't think it was a problem? These are things that Tabata does that outright admits he want to turn this into his vision.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/72288824

^^An example of hwo the change in director shows difference in presentation.

Tabata could've simply asked Nomura, but he never did. Not once. This tells me Tabata wanted to push for the change regardless. He asked Nojima, who if you read his quote carefully wasn't part of the revision. Keep in mind, different minds, different visions. Nomura could've "evolved" the concept into one complete. But Tabata isn't even admitting that he's making XV into an evolved state, everything is "modify" and "change".
And now, he isn't getting that, because the choice to rename it into the main series requires the series to be closed by one game.

This was due to a lot of things, push for Final Fantasy XIII series, Kingdom hearts Birth by sleep/ 358 days/ coded. push for Type-0, and Dissidia. A lot of games to make Square Enix stay afloat due to several issues going on. This was also previous director's fault too.

Script was bound to be modified, sure. That is true. We were bound to see some slight modifications.

But we're not talking about more than just "hey, lets modify someones backstory". We're talking about a modifying the story altogether because the title "XV" demands a closed story. (This is the official answer).

The reason for the large-scale changes was for the sake of moving XV into a complete story, not an open-ended one that allowed room for a series (World of the epic Versus)

Well the problem is you repeat the same stuff that just doesn't make sense or completely unfair that its not even a valid point.

Some of the things you say is making Versus look worst than what it really was. Its as if you treat it as the final product, and thats just unfair (and you know it). And whats worst is you try to defend those "versus" elements by saying they'll remain in XV. And that's where you fail the hardest. The truth is that Versus and XV were ultimately the same game, with the same vision, by the same director. But when that person director stepped down, co-director became director, things changed drastically.

Skull motif =/= Reaper motif (Are all pirates reaper worshipers?) The skull personally looks modified and rather over simplified. Something suggests that wasn't the official design. Also, this is something that just didn't really need to be modified, even for the proper rating that they want (and in other countries). We're talking about Pegi 17 at most.

We're talking about Attire. Thats the whole point. Forget about "buff" "masculine" "scars" and especially 'Huge arse sword". The official military uniform is what each one of these people are wearing (and Tabata did not exclude Prompto).

That painting is gone, and Etro has not once been mentioned. And it has since been confirmed that the game is no longer part of the FNC project. The goddess shown appears to be a new goddess. but only time will tell once Tabata confirms who this Goddess is.

Razberry, you have proven nothing unless you are a square Enix official. Nope, I don’t believe versus WAS versus at e3 of 2013. It was always evolving into XV before that and they only announced the name change there. Shortly after, it was evident that Stella was scrapped; we saw a new character in Gentiana, etc. Because Gentiana's inclusion is not seen in versus trailers, they pushed the story in a way that Gentiana can be a character to contrast with the eventual Lunafreya. Yes, Tabata could do whatever he wants, Razberry. He is the head of the development team and only the fans and Nomura forced him to keep FF XV's vision as the previous work. In reply to your point about versus elements, I'm not sure why you think Versus wasn't incomplete when Tabata mentioned it at Gamescom, and he also mentioned it elsewhere. I shall provide quotes.

• “We turned Versus XIII into a full-blown Final Fantasy Game!”
Colleague: Can you tell us more about the reasons for the name change - since it was called Versus XIII at the beginning?
And tell us more about the very long development time?

Tabata-san: Versus XIII had been in development for long, but nothing in this game really fit together - nothing was ‘final’. <----- BANG
At one point we realized we still hadn’t anything solid - thus it came to a few internal changes at SQEX - and the hardware-basis changed as well.
So we all came together again and thought about how we could go on, in order to end up with a good game.
That’s when the decision to make a full-fledged Final Fantasy, instead of a Spin off, was born.
This new approach demanded a new name to highlight the new idea and the new goals behind this game.
About three years ago, the entire team started developing Final Fantasy XV.

This is from a German interview from September: http://hiskingdomliessleeping.tumbl...we-view-the-ff-vii-remake-as-a-rival-to-ff-xv

Now, another place he says Versus is incomplete is at gamescom.

JPGames.de: When Final Fantasy Versus XIII was introduced back then, the style was very dark and sad. I believe it was Nomura-san, who said this would be the saddest Final Fantasy. The more recent trailers showed more light-hearted, roadtrip themes, though. How has the game changed and is it still dark and sad?
Tabata: We mentioned this very often to the media and the fans: Final Fantasy XV and Versus are different games. It’s not always that they share the same tone and feel.
The best way to look at it is that Final Fantasy XV is a much bigger scaled game than Final Fantasy Versus XIII was going to be. It contains the things that were very important to Final Fantasy Versus XIII, but that’s not all – there is more to it.

Also, he mentions in the same interview that the Dragoon is still in the game:

Nova Crystallis: We know that there is a female Dragoon in the game. Maybe she is going to be summoning Leviathan, we don’t know. But are there any other classical Final Fantasy character or job types making a return, like Black Mages?

Tabata: There are no solid plans to include a lot of classic Final Fantasy jobs to be in the game. But people want to see these things. We try to include them in some way in the future, but that is very much under discussion.
By the way, the female Dragoon is not summoning Leviathan, that’s not what she does. Sorry! But the Dragoon shows up during a very important time in the game, she is one of the key characters.

On your car point: NO NO NO. The car going to point A to B is your choice. You can drive it manually there or automatically if you want. That does not make it "linear" just because YOU say so.
On Voices: No, Stella NEVER had a voice, PERIOD. Other characters had a voice. It shows that the game was becoming XV not too long ago. Noctis, Ignis, Gladio, Prompto, etc all had voices but not Stella. It does show that the game was dealing with some shite that was just impossible to go with. You cannot say to me voices were not finalized just because it was not in full production when the majority of the cast had voices.

On the redesign of Regis: Nope, we do not know this. Quit assuming things. The reason is not bad, imo since Noctis will also age if he becomes king of Lucis.

The Goddess: She is still Etro. That has not changed. Look at the logo and compare with the Goddess in the painting. I do not know why you think it isn't Etro but whatever. Just because it isn't FNC, doesn't mean they can't use Etro's likeness.

Nomura's vision: You are reading too much into a misconception by fans, just like Stella.

Hazmer gave this answer on Nomura:

“Whoa there, we are still following his direction on the universe, characters etc. so his vision plays a very big role in FFXV. He was never kicked out, in fact far from it.

He has to pay full attention to Kingdom Hearts III, another game that is in dire need for release, so the company has left the rest of the production of FFXV to my director Tabata-san.”

You might argue this is PR, but you don't know that. No, Tabata is not forging FFXV into his own vision, otherwise this game would be rid of versus entirely.

The rest of your post is honestly meaningless conjecture at this point; therefore, I am going to leave it at that.

Seriously, when Final Fantasy XV was announced, we were told they were the same game and that the name change didn't mean anything different for XVersus.

Oh yeah, I'm not going to argue with you on this one. They certainly did flat out explicitly give us the impression that this was a chiefly a name change and a huge technological jump forward. I think prior to that Kotaku had an article about how Versus was essentially cancelled and they were ridiculed for it.

But here's my point: while it seem like these avalanche of changes occurred after Nomura's departure from the project and with Tabata's ascension, none of us can know for sure that it was more or less exactly what happened. Often causation in reality does not match the neat correlation. It's a compelling theory for what could have happened from the perspective of a lay person with no access to the insider goings-on of the behind-the-scenes, but that's just about it. But a lay person does not have anywhere near enough of the proper understanding and authoritative and reliable source to go any further than that and it would be absurd for anyone to expect them to. So let's dispense with using the words "prove" and "proof", because in this context, expecting them of anyone here would be stretching its literal definition across several light years.

For example, I see Wan Hazmer has been brought up as an authority in this thread. I will argue that it's likely PR. The guy's on a leash and he can only say so much. If he's even privy to the full extent of the goings-on with Nomura, he was hardly going to suddenly be upfront on social media with the eyes of hundreds if not thousands of hawk-eyed fans eager to take every word he types out and over-scrutinise them. I don't pay statements like this with much mind, because the marketing department was likely keeping a close eye on him, ready to drop the guillotine on his employment contract with the company if he said anything wrong. And this is likely the same marketing department that is fickle and as effective as a wet firework, so I'm not seriously going to bother to impart any more credulity into Hazmer's words than they deserve.

Which abort are you talking?

I don't care. Everything.

Watching Versus fans clash with FFXV fans everywhere is like watching chimpanzees brawl it out over the last supplies of food. Watching PR and marketing continue to talk about things from Versus that won't be in FFXV is baffling. None of it is pretty and God knows what an outsider would think if they saw all this. I had a browse through the Official Forums and dear lord, it was either like a religious debate in its ferventness, or the Inquisition.

Had they have just just started FFXV's preliminary planning as a wholly new game with a totally fresh new setting and concept, its topics and discussions would be so much more tolerable, because it wouldn't have all that Versus baggage.

Nobody knows for sure. Square Enix have called it a sneak peek of things to come once you complete Duscae. If you haven't seen the video, I'd say the painting matches the poem in Cosmogony: Nadir really well. Square Enix have already commented on the summons being few in the game though. If you're interested, here is the quote from Tabata:

Tabata:
The big fuzzy thing you saw at the end of the trailer is not a summon monster or Eidolon. But to come back to your question about other summons – of course there are more. The idea behind the summoning monsters in Final Fantasy XV is that they are not such random creatures, where you’ve got no idea where they come from. They not only show up and suddenly disappear – they all have reasons and purposes. They fit into the world as something that lives there.
Sometimes if you don't quote exactly put it where you are responding. So when you give responces like these, i dont know what the heck you're talking about. use [quote_] [/quote_] to separate and divide the quote if its going to be huge responce.
Razberry, you have proven nothing unless you are a square Enix official. Nope, I don’t believe versus WAS versus at e3 of 2013. It was always evolving into XV before that and they only announced the name change there. Shortly after, it was evident that Stella was scrapped; we saw a new character in Gentiana, etc. Because Gentiana's inclusion is not seen in versus trailers, they pushed the story in a way that Gentiana can be a character to contrast with the eventual Lunafreya. Yes, Tabata could do whatever he wants, Razberry. He is the head of the development team and only the fans and Nomura forced him to keep FF XV's vision as the previous work. In reply to your point about versus elements, I'm not sure why you think Versus wasn't incomplete when Tabata mentioned it at Gamescom, and he also mentioned it elsewhere. I shall provide quotes.
I have all the proof i need.

Colleague: Can you tell us more about the reasons for the name change - since it was called Versus XIII at the beginning?

Tabata-san: Versus XIII had been in development for long, but nothing in this game really fit together - nothing was ‘final’. <----- BANG
At one point we realized we still hadn’t anything solid - thus it came to a few internal changes at SQEX - and the hardware-basis changed as well.
So we all came together again and thought about how we could go on, in order to end up with a good game.
That’s when the decision to make a full-fledged Final Fantasy, instead of a Spin off, was born.
This new approach demanded a new name to highlight the new idea and the new goals behind this game.

This is from a German interview from September: http://hiskingdomliessleeping.tumbl...we-view-the-ff-vii-remake-as-a-rival-to-ff-xv
[/quote]
These comments contradict his earlier statements from Nomura and himself. You see when he initially made the comment, the decision was to change the game to a complete version (But also, he confirming that the company-level decision said to change XV. This contradicts completely what he said. The level of changes Tabata is mentioning and the struggle he seems to have

JPGames.de: When Final Fantasy Versus XIII was introduced back then, the style was very dark and sad. I believe it was Nomura-san, who said this would be the saddest Final Fantasy. The more recent trailers showed more light-hearted, roadtrip themes, though. How has the game changed and is it still dark and sad?
Tabata: We mentioned this very often to the media and the fans: Final Fantasy XV and Versus are different games. It’s not always that they share the same tone and feel.
The best way to look at it is that Final Fantasy XV is a much bigger scaled game than Final Fantasy Versus XIII was going to be. It contains the things that were very important to Final Fantasy Versus XIII, but that’s not all – there is more to it.
Nope. you took that quote out of context.

On your car point: NO NO NO. The car going to point A to B is your choice. You can drive it manually there or automatically if you want. That does not make it "linear" just because YOU say so.
But whats the alternative? driving manually vs driving automatically? What makes it linear is that there is a set path. And there is no option to deviate from the path to getting to point a to point B. in fact having a physical road does that. The alternative isn't th most effient, nor the most fun unless you want chocobos.
On Voices: No, Stella NEVER had a voice, PERIOD. Other characters had a voice. It shows that the game was becoming XV not too long ago. Noctis, Ignis, Gladio, Prompto, etc all had voices but not Stella. It does show that the game was dealing with some shite that was just impossible to go with. You cannot say to me voices were not finalized just because it was not in full production when the majority of the cast had voices.
Stella was voiced in 2013 reveal trailer at the very beginning alongside Noctis. And she was shown in the end alongside Gentiana, if Nomura modified her plot to the point that she had Gentiana at her side, then so be it. But the redesign came in the 2014 trailer when Nomura left.No mention of Nomura's involvement whatsoever.
On the redesign of Regis: Nope, we do not know this. Quit assuming things. The reason is not bad, imo since Noctis will also age if he becomes king of Lucis.
His redesign was done after Nomura had left. And i KNOW this because if it was an option of just making him look older, more white hairs and wrinkles would do the trick, even thicker beard. But his redesign has made him more Game of thrones. There was no need to redesign him completely. he was clearly older if you compare him from younger Noctis and older, he has gain more wrinkles and more white hair. I also wont to point out that Cr leonis was a character that worked alongside his father, if it wasn't clear how much he's aged, the comparison to Cor and Regis would make it crystal.
The Goddess: She is still Etro. That has not changed. Look at the logo and compare with the Goddess in the painting. I do not know why you think it isn't Etro but whatever. Just because it isn't FNC, doesn't mean they can't use Etro's likeness.
She was never confirmed to being Etro. The painting in the Stella scene? Yes, confirmed. But never the logo. All it was described was the sleeping goddess.
Nomura's vision: You are reading too much into a misconception by fans, just like Stella.
You see, if you quoted properly, this wouldn't be an issue. so i'll take this as meaningless conjecture.
You might argue this is PR, but you don't know that. No, Tabata is not forging FFXV into his own vision, otherwise this game would be rid of versus entirely.
misconstruing vision with concept. once again. you can't tell the difference between the two. Tabata's vision using the same concept given to him is exactly what he's doing. OTHERWISE, we wouldn't have seen Regis redesigned. PERIOD. no ifs, no buts nothing you can say can change that.

I juat gave Linaete the proof.

These comments contradict his earlier statements from Nomura and himself. You see when he initially made the comment, the decision was to change the game to a complete version (But also, he confirming that the company-level decision said to change XV. This contradicts completely what he said. The level of changes Tabata is mentioning and the struggle he seems to have

But whats the alternative? driving manually vs driving automatically? What makes it linear is that there is a set path. And there is no option to deviate from the path to getting to point a to point B. in fact having a physical road does that. The alternative isn't th most effient, nor the most fun unless you want chocobos.
Stella was voiced in 2013 reveal trailer at the very beginning alongside Noctis. And she was shown in the end alongside Gentiana, if Nomura modified her plot to the point that she had Gentiana at her side, then so be it. But the redesign came in the 2014 trailer when Nomura left.No mention of Nomura's involvement whatsoever.
His redesign was done after Nomura had left. And i KNOW this because if it was an option of just making him look older, more white hairs and wrinkles would do the trick, even thicker beard. But his redesign has made him more Game of thrones. There was no need to redesign him completely. he was clearly older if you compare him from younger Noctis and older, he has gain more wrinkles and more white hair. I also wont to point out that Cr leonis was a character that worked alongside his father, if it wasn't clear how much he's aged, the comparison to Cor and Regis would make it crystal.
She was never confirmed to being Etro. The painting in the Stella scene? Yes, confirmed. But never the logo. All it was described was the sleeping goddess.
You see, if you quoted properly, this wouldn't be an issue. so i'll take this as meaningless conjecture.
misconstruing vision with concept. once again. you can't tell the difference between the two. Tabata's vision using the same concept given to him is exactly what he's doing. OTHERWISE, we wouldn't have seen Regis redesigned. PERIOD. no ifs, no buts nothing you can say can change that.

I juat gave Linaete the proof.

Okay, that is good for you. I do not give a crap what you proved to her because you also proved nothing in this entire thread.

Where is Tabata contradicting himself? I do not see it. I did not take any quote out of context, Razberry. Tabata said it himself MANY times that XV is more than versus and has much more elements. I do not follow what you are saying.

Point A to point B is your choice. You can make the car automatically go there or you can manually create your own path to create some variety. FFXV is player driven in this way.

Stella was never voiced. She never spoke any words unless you mean the kid Stella in the beginning. She does not count at all since I'm pretty sure they were already working on scrapping her. Nope, priest bad guy and Gentiana were new characters and never showed up prior to that. IN ADDITION, The story changed in that Regis would not let his son become King. I remember him in the 2011 trailer saying that he "will be the last king alive" Regis was likely a villain of some sort and now we can see he has a closer bond with Noctis.

The goddess is the same goddess as the logo in versus. It IS ETRO and her likeness is used in the painting. The only reason it probably is not Etro is that the one in the painting looks like a goddess of light.

Your whole idea that Nomura was forced out of his project and that Tabata is forging his own vision is a MISCONCEPTION

REGIS was redesigned for story purposes.

Okay, that is good for you. I do not give a crap what you proved to her because you also proved nothing in this entire thread.
Stella was in the original design of XV, they even asked NOmura on why Stella was redesigned...and he said it was for the sake of making her prettier and his tastes changed.
Where is Tabata contradicting himself? I do not see it. I did not take any quote out of context, Razberry. Tabata said it himself MANY times that XV is more than versus and has much more elements. I do not follow what you are saying.
Tabata's initial explanation was trying to change Final Fantasy XV changed due to creating FFXV into a closed ended story and had more story that was going to span out as a series (from the context of his first reveal). This is consistent to what tetsuya nomura's original answer of him wanting to make a series. So now after the original answer given, Tabata has been saying other answers making XV look far worst. But again, inconsistent with NOmura has been saying. Nomura has said that changing Versus into XV hasn't changed anything, but Tabata soon blows the whistle (after his departure) to say he has.
Point A to point B is your choice. You can make the car automatically go there or you can manually create your own path to create some variety. FFXV is player driven in this way.
The car is not fast travel. the automatic is just for the car to take you there. no difference has been made, espeically on choosing paths.
Stella was never voiced. She never spoke any words unless you mean the kid Stella in the beginning. She does not count at all since I'm pretty sure they were already working on scrapping her. Nope, priest bad guy and Gentiana were new characters and never showed up prior to that. IN ADDITION, The story changed in that Regis would not let his son become King. I remember him in the 2011 trailer saying that he "will be the last king alive" Regis was likely a villain of some sort and now we can see he has a closer bond with Noctis.
This is where i KNOW you haven't been following FFversus as much as you claim you have.

The goddess is the same goddess as the logo in versus. It IS ETRO and her likeness is used in the painting. The only reason it probably is not Etro is that the one in the painting looks like a goddess of light.
no official confirmation.
Your whole idea that Nomura was forced out of his project and that Tabata is forging his own vision is a MISCONCEPTION
No. its all semantics. you just simply don't understand what it means to be vision. Tabata is not working on NOmura's vision. is he working on the same concepts and themes that NOmura wanted? sure. But different vision means different execution, and it shows.
REGIS was redesigned for story purposes.
One that NOmura didn't feel the need to do.

Stella was in the original design of XV, they even asked NOmura on why Stella was redesigned...and he said it was for the sake of making her prettier and his tastes changed.
Tabata's initial explanation was trying to change Final Fantasy XV changed due to creating FFXV into a closed ended story and had more story that was going to span out as a series (from the context of his first reveal). This is consistent to what tetsuya nomura's original answer of him wanting to make a series. So now after the original answer given, Tabata has been saying other answers making XV look far worst. But again, inconsistent with NOmura has been saying. Nomura has said that changing Versus into XV hasn't changed anything, but Tabata soon blows the whistle (after his departure) to say he has.
The car is not fast travel. the automatic is just for the car to take you there. no difference has been made, espeically on choosing paths.

This is where i KNOW you haven't been following FFversus as much as you claim you have.

no official confirmation.
No. its all semantics. you just simply don't understand what it means to be vision. Tabata is not working on NOmura's vision. is he working on the same concepts and themes that NOmura wanted? sure. But different vision means different execution, and it shows.
One that NOmura didn't feel the need to do.

I. Yes, I remember Nomura saying he redesigned Stella for such and such reasons but it was not until shortly after that she was scrapped. None of us can prove that SE gave the green light to go with Stella as the heroine during 2013. How can you prove that though? Nobody can.

II. You are extremely biased, I find. If Tabata does something, you take it as if each change is bad. I understand you do not like Luna right now because Stella was redesigned about three times and Luna does not really look different. I understand you feel betrayed that Tabata would get rid of Stella, but they had to in order to preserve as much as the story possible and give it a new direction. Lunafreya and Regis are like new characters now all fitting in with the new themes in FFXV such as regaining a Kingdom once lost. I pointed out to you before that versus did not have this theme. I have followed Versus thoroughly and I know for a fact in the 2011 trailer, Regis was very villain like and kept the throne for himself. Yes, it is confusing because it says "An act of love by the last king" But here is the question; why would Regis not let his son become king? They clearly changed that in XV because the focus of the story is to make Noctis become the eventual king that replaces his father.

@ 2:32 especially

Also, Noctis and Stella both originally suffered a near death experience but now only Noctis has and Luna was there with him to see him recover. These are clear changes, including the promise they made to each other, kinda like how Noctis promised Stella he would visit Tenebrae.

More story changes include the party scene from versus being completely axed and now the game begins differently.

"In a matter of days, the Kingdom of Lucis is to sign an armistice, ending a long and bitter conflict with Niflheim. Ahead of the ceremony, Prince Noctis, heir to the Lucian throne, sets forth from his homeland to formalize the union of states through his marriage to the Lady Lunafreya of the imperial province of Tenebrae."

"The offer of peace, however, is no more than a ruse to lower the Lucian shield, and the imperial army takes the crown city and its sacred crystal in one fell swoop. En route to his destination, Noctis is shocked to learn that he, his father the king, and his betrothed are believed dead."

"Overnight, the dream of peace has faded into a distant memory. His world crumbling around him, Noctis has naught but his resolve and his loyal companions to see him through the trials to come."

My point is that FFXV has a beginning that is both concrete, emotional, etc. Sure, it is similar to versus because Nilfheim invades the party where Stella and Noctis meet but it is still confusing. Therefore, I feel like the marriage treaty as a ruse and the eventual invasion of the crown city is a much better change. My point here is that Tabata made some good changes, whether you like it or not. Stop being incredibly biased towards Tabata. The man probably works harder than Nomura ever has.

Lastly, the car is not fast travel, duh. No, you can take your own path to the objective. I have seen the car off road a few times in trailers. This is not a driving simulator.

If Nomura did not feel the need to have a redesign of Stella into a completely new character and to some extent, Regis, then why was Stella redesigned like three times? You are not making much sense and right now, you are just a Nomura fanboy.

The goddess is Etro. Look at the wings. No official confirmation but speculation easily says it is Etro.

I. Yes, I remember Nomura saying he redesigned Stella for such and such reasons but it was not until shortly after that she was scrapped. None of us can prove that SE gave the green light to go with Stella as the heroine during 2013. How can you prove that though? Nobody can.
No one can prove an extreme hypothetical conjured up by you. So the fact that Stella (as an adult) was voiced alongside Noctis, they shown her picture and Nomura (who is director and can make his changes at whim. YOu make it sound like Stella was never in the game as a solid cahracter. We've seen her for years. PLenty of room to modify the story and change it, especially at the time of 2011.
II. You are extremely biased, I find.

Biased against who? Keep in mind, i was one of the few who fully supported Tabata as co-director from the beginning. But everything that has happened, is incredibly untimely. And just like Linaette has said, this is the worst PR a game has ever had.
If Tabata does something, you take it as if each change is bad. I understand you do not like Luna right now because Stella was redesigned about three times and Luna does not really look different. I understand you feel betrayed that Tabata would get rid of Stella, but they had to in order to preserve as much as the story possible and give it a new direction. Lunafreya and Regis are like new characters now all fitting in with the new themes in FFXV such as regaining a Kingdom once lost. I pointed out to you before that versus did not have this theme. I have followed Versus thoroughly and I know for a fact in the 2011 trailer, Regis was very villain like and kept the throne for himself. Yes, it is confusing because it says "An act of love by the last king" But here is the question; why would Regis not let his son become king? They clearly changed that in XV because the focus of the story is to make Noctis become the eventual king that replaces his father.
The focus was pushed by Tabata making a game that was oversimplified for the general audience.
Ok stop saying you understand, because you clearly don't. Someone who understand will not make Stella out to be the worst character ever, especially making a point that she wasn't voiced (when she clearly was in the 2013 trailer, and it most definitely counts since Noctis was voiced alongside her the exact same way).

I want you to understand that making such a drastic change means that they chose a direction, they didn't remove what was bad, they removed what they didn't want. When they say they couldn't make sense of Stella, that shows they didn't have authority to modify her character to the point in changing her (they needed Nomura, the original character creator to make sense of her). And Stella was more of something that wasn't good. If Stella was truly weak, passive, and needed saving, then this is something that can easily be revealed without spoilers (because her entire role is gone).

@ 2:32 especially

Also, Noctis and Stella both originally suffered a near death experience but now only Noctis has and Luna was there with him to see him recover. These are clear changes, including the promise they made to each other, kinda like how Noctis promised Stella he would visit Tenebrae.
There is something called subtlety. Noctis and Stella had that in strides while Noctis and Luna have something more formulaic.

I compare it to Vanilla. Noctis and Stella are the right amount to make it taste "sweet". but Noctis and Luna are the entire bottle. Look back in "how' versus enticed players in contrast to other games. One of the key scenes with Stella showed that their relationship was just growing.

Stella was something easy to understand, easy to get invested to. She wasn't trying too hard, and she wasn't something you really needed to know everything about to get to like her.

Luna isn't the same. She's the type of character you have to know before hand because everything about her is built already in the beginning. Luna is a character that builds no mystery, holds no real personality.

My point is that FFXV has a beginning that is both concrete, emotional, etc.
Final Fantasy XV has a beginning that doesn't really feel like it needed to be altered. Its just designed around the idea of Luna getting married. Other than that, everything we know about the beginning could've easily fit in the original design.
Sure, it is similar to versus because Nilfheim invades the party where Stella and Noctis meet but it is still confusing. Therefore, I feel like the marriage treaty as a ruse and the eventual invasion of the crown city is a much better change. My point here is that Tabata made some good changes, whether you like it or not. Stop being incredibly biased towards Tabata. The man probably works harder than Nomura ever has.
simply mentioning what the changes, doesn't really prove that the changes were "good" or "better". And right now not even you can't prove that unless you want to take the original trailers out of context. Like you've been trying to do.

What i'm trying to prove is that the way everything was handled, it is way too sudden and strange. Keep in mind, even though Tabata mentions "we" at times, he also says "I" when he is referring to story changes as well.
Lastly, the car is not fast travel, duh. No, you can take your own path to the objective. I have seen the car off road a few times in trailers. This is not a driving simulator.
TAbata mentioned certain times that the car will be mostly restricted by roads. So still when it comes to car travel, we're fixated. Also, choosing your own path is nothing different from XIII-2. I've seen this discussion before in Line before. The car has not gone off road. And that defeats the purpose of even having physical roads.
If Nomura did not feel the need to have a redesign of Stella into a completely new character and to some extent, Regis, then why was Stella redesigned like three times? You are not making much sense and right now, you are just a Nomura fanboy.
Stella wasn't redesigned into a completely new character. According to Tabata, she was "scrapped" and Luna was "chosen" as a new character. Stella didn't "evolve" into Luna. Luna was created to compensate for it. Stella's physical design was minuscule, it was her role and her relationship with Noctis that worked. Soemthing subtle, something realistic, and over all not something overdone.

Regis design is completely different. It is "STUPID" to redesign a a character and call it a spoiler. Especially if it does nothing substantial. If they wanted to make Regis older, they could've done just that, but they gave him a whole new design.

And i'm not a Nomura fanboy. If this happened in reverse, i would be upset that Nomura took over Tabata's original vision. And let me make clear Versus was one of the most visually appealing, most interesting themes And trust me, i have my fair share of criticism over Nomura. Although the man has accomplished a lot more than Tabata has (Tabata really only has FF7:BC, FF7:CC, KH coded, and Type-0)

The goddess is Etro. Look at the wings. No official confirmation but speculation easily says it is Etro.
We've had many winged goddesses in many designs of Yoshitaka Amano. She was referred to in the logo as "Sleeping Goddess" and the fact that she was not explicitly mentioned as Etro in the new artwork from Duscae. This is something that can easily be confirmed, even upto now.

The clothes aren't really that ridiculous, imo. It shows a complete loyalty to the Kingdom of Lucis. Each guy in the party has skull motifs and black is a colour that is special in the game, not just their outfits. Also, I'm not sure why you are worried since you will likely be able to change the outfits :lew:

Well, for starters... it says that each outfit is the official battle gear of each station the men belong to...

So that means there is an entire fleet of 'warriors' dressed exactly like this;
tumblr_inline_nwzqt3bzOL1qh4qwy_540.png

That's just a tad on the 'village people' side, wouldn't you say? :lew:

I'm still loving the other aspects of the game, just think they failed on costume designs.

Well, for starters... it says that each outfit is the official battle gear of each station the men belong to...

So that means there is an entire fleet of 'warriors' dressed exactly like this;
tumblr_inline_nwzqt3bzOL1qh4qwy_540.png

That's just a tad on the 'village people' side, wouldn't you say? :lew:

I'm still loving the other aspects of the game, just think they failed on costume designs.

That image though :lew:. Hundreds of people dressed that camp. I wonder if we'll have the option of changing clothes? Or if equipping other stuff will change it and this is just the default stuff? (I may have missed something...I've been half-trying not to keep up).

Is it perhaps something that has been lost in translation?

Perhaps instead of official battle gear they instead mean 'the colours and motifs of Lucis'. Actual clothing will vary depending on the soldier's individual tastes, so long as their clothing is black and has a skull on it somewhere? And don't forget the random splash of the brightest of all imaginable reds (a red that I shall perhaps call 'Mirror's Edge Red') on the sole of the shoes.

Perhaps that is what they mean? I don't know how it was put forward in the Japanese.

If that is literally the official battle gear then I do think that is rather silly, but hey... Whatever works for Lucis.

These guys are essentially T-Birds, so I guess they might consider it a kind of uniform amongst themselves even if their mothers think them to be going through a silly phase.

grease1_164254c.jpg

Dionysos: Possibly, but I think they do slightly remember a soldier feel.

dbe8a0981c219bf915ead87174abef33.jpg

I guess the pants kind of resemble soldiers in a way but I can see where you are coming from. I think that they mean the "jacket" part and not the actual shirt is the official battle gear of Lucis.

Look at Regis, for instance.

FFXV-ATR-Captures_09-19-15_004.jpg

That looks more like battle gear but he is a king so it is a bit different. Personally, I do not find the idea THAT ridiculous. We have easily had some worse outfits. Wakka fought shirtless and people think Gladio is bad. Same with Tidus, he had no undershirt. Lulus had nothing but a corset (I think) under her dress, etc. Also, let us not get started with FF X-2 outfits. So yeah, it should not be surprising that these people are dressed in black and have a yakuza like feel. Their symbol is a skull, and I think that they need to resemble a Japanese gang. Lucis may not be the most soldiery feel in the world, but at least Nilfheim dress in armour. In addition, I think this is better than a bunch of mob suits like Versus. Regis and his cohorts were all dressed in mob suits.

Besides, it is hardly even a bother for me. It is gonna be 2016 when this game is out, so it would be sad if there was no costume switching.

Look at Regis, Cor and the other two heroes before Noctis.

FFXV-ATR-Captures_09-19-15_003.jpg

Same deal.

The problem of the matter is they tried to cover up with an answer that just didn't need to be given. In fact, Tabata early on rejected the "full black" in a french interview.

@Dionysos: Possibly, but I think they do slightly remember a soldier feel.

dbe8a0981c219bf915ead87174abef33.jpg

I guess the pants kind of resemble soldiers in a way but I can see where you are coming from. I think that they mean the "jacket" part and not the actual shirt is the official battle gear of Lucis.

FFXV-ATR-Captures_09-19-15_004.jpg

That looks more like battle gear but he is a king so it is a bit different. Personally, I do not find the idea THAT ridiculous. We have easily had some worse outfits. Wakka fought shirtless and people think Gladio is bad. Same with Tidus, he had no undershirt. Lulus had nothing but a corset (I think) under her dress, etc. Also, let us not get started with FF X-2 outfits. So yeah, it should not be surprising that these people are dressed in black and have a yakuza like feel. Their symbol is a skull, and I think that they need to resemble a Japanese gang. Lucis may not be the most soldiery feel in the world, but at least Nilfheim dress in armour. In addition, I think this is better than a bunch of mob suits like Versus. Regis and his cohorts were all dressed in mob suits.

Besides, it is hardly even a bother for me. It is gonna be 2016 when this game is out, so it would be sad if there was no costume switching.

FFXV-ATR-Captures_09-19-15_003.jpg

Same deal.

As uniforms go it is a bit all over the place though.

The costume you posted could be called military (or militant - it looks like the sort of clothing you'd expect a young revolutionary to wear!). It also looks exactly like gothic clothing. Some goths and rockers would walk the streets of our earth wearing clothes in that exact style. Official soldiers from a wealthy and powerful state on our planet would not wear that sort of clothing in battle anywhere, unless they were disguising themselves in the case of a war at Whitby (who knows, maybe Dracula will return).

It's military style in a fashion sort of way (and perhaps in a civilian sort of way), but not official military gear by our earthly definition.

None of this matters, however. In the FFXV universe, if this truly is the 'official' battle gear then I guess that is what they have decided to wear in this universe, and our own understanding of what would be practical or even cool for battle doesn't count at all.

I'm not even bothered by it myself, I just find it quite an unusual unusual statement. The artwork of the young King Regis and co during battle is also weird. The costumes don't seem to bear any relation to each other. Regis is in his Yakuza suit, but there is a guy (perhaps Cid?) in engineer or biker gear. It's as if the Lucis kingdom uniform is mufty all of the time.

If we saw a true pattern with all of the characters then it would be easier to understand as 'official battle gear'. But me wearing a black hat and you wearing a black scarf doesn't make the same uniform.

EDIT -

As for Tidus and Wakka, etc... These were all civilian clothes. They were never meant to be dressed for battle. FF's soldier characters (such as Cloud and Lightning) have worn clothes which do resemble uniforms.

Again, I don't really care. But it's just an odd thing to state that T-Birding it up is official battle gear.

I'll suspend disbelief.

@Dionysos: Possibly, but I think they do slightly remember a soldier feel.

Perhaps. But I'm also talking about the studs all over their clothing and the modern-look of it all. They could have incorporated the skulls and death theme in a lot of ways without making the outfits look like they came out of some goth/punk hipster clothing store. This is a final fantasy game after all... I don't really understand why they chose to make the clothes look so street-trendy like the fashion you find on the streets of Japan. That sort of fashion is already not really 'widely accepted' by Japan, but it just does not fit with the theme of the game or the 'final fantasy' image. It's too earthly.

That looks more like battle gear but he is a king so it is a bit different. Personally, I do not find the idea THAT ridiculous.
That's the confusing part. Regis' design looks absolutely fantastic. His outfit is unique and fits the 'death' theme that they wanted without looking like a 2004 emo boy band. But here's where my problem is... the outfits in this game are inconsistent. None of the outfits look like they're sticking to an era/theme other then goth and it's off-putting. It's a little ridiculous.

I just don't understand why they're giving such a serious-plot game characters dressed in visual kei clothing.

We have easily had some worse outfits. Wakka fought shirtless and people think Gladio is bad. Same with Tidus, he had no undershirt. Lulus had nothing but a corset (I think) under her dress, etc. Also, let us not get started with FF X-2 outfits. So yeah, it should not be surprising that these people are dressed in black and have a yakuza like feel. Their symbol is a skull, and I think that they need to resemble a Japanese gang. Lucis may not be the most soldiery feel in the world, but at least Nilfheim dress in armour. In addition, I think this is better than a bunch of mob suits like Versus. Regis and his cohorts were all dressed in mob suits.

Same deal.
I don't think they look anything like yakuza... did one of the creator's say that somewhere??

And Tidus fought out of inconvenience though. He was a hip blitzball-star player thrown into battle. The clothes he wore fit a sporty superstar, he was just forced to fight in them. So I don't think they're comparable.

Wakka, again, was more 'sporty' than anything. But even his clothes has some kind of armor to it;
FFX_Wakka_Art.png

There is no battle attribute to any of the men's clothing at all.

3V7wkzc.png

I think they messed up pretty bad putting them in these outfits and to me, I can't get past it.

my only hope is DLC that is actually 'fantasy' looking. but judging by their current outfits, the DLC will be even more ridiculous.

This thread has mostly been a bundle of negativity towards the censorship and outfits, so I thought I would post something from SE that seems reassuring.

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/662323703108214784

Maybe official word is not reassuring, but it is something.

My point being that it isn't the end of the world that reaper worship was a little toned down and that the outfits are bad. We will have a good game, nonetheless.

Back