[26/01/2012] Motomu Toriyama Unsure of Platform For Next Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
What's next for Motomu Toriyama, director of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and scenario writer for The 3rd Birthday? In an interview in Weekly Famitsu this week (summarized at Sokuho), Toriyama says that it's time for him to start his next project, but he's currently considering the platform.

Toriyama's brief commentary on his future plans came at the end of an interview discussing Final Fantasy XIII-2's download content and ending. We already shared most of the details earlier, but here are a few additional bits:

• XIII-2's development progressed more according to plan than XIII.
• Toriyama is happy that the gameplay systems are being well received.
• The game originally had a system where you could strengthen your accessories, but this made your character too strong, so they got rid of it.
• As detailed earlier, the game will see series bosses for coliseum mode outside of the Omega download that kicked off DLC.
• Lightning will appear in the game as a coliseum opponent download. Defeat her, and you can make her into a party member. Her role is blaster.
• They hope to continue releasing download content through May.
• The DLC will include things outside of the coliseum battles -- episodes, for instance.
• Outside of download content, the game will have updates which will add new support functionality for those digging deep into the game.
• Toriyama said that they'd like to use Sazh, his son Dajh and interdimensional traveling merchant Chocholina in some capacity, either through novels or DLC.

Source: Andriasang

Use the fucking PS3.

In reality it's gonna be some portable shit, isn't it. Or even worse, some crap from nintendo.

Yup many rumours and speculations on the net. I seriously think FFXV might be on the WiiU and multiplatform.

However what project will that be? A major FF title? I dont think so cause then he wouldnt be in this dilemma.

Must be some shitty ass weak mediocre game we dont need.
Screw handheld titles and all the other BS.

Im with the 2 posters above. :mokken:

I still not to pleased with the fact that you have to pay extra money to see parts of the storyline of the game, really the whole storyline should come with the game in the first place, but I bet the reason for that is soo that the game could be on one disc on the XBOX :sad3:

it good that they are going to do DLC for this til the end of may, the DLC will last longer than Dissidia's DLC Did

Whatever his next game will be, might be handheld or PS3, Don't think it will be XV though. If it is, then that game will be on all consoles is my guess. (at least in the other regions, Japan might keep it on PS or Nintendo.)

But my guess is that the next game will be a Dissidia, since their was a rumor they wanted to make a number 3.

No, no, no, no, no. Toriyama can stay the hell away from a major PS3 title, at least until the guy learns how to actually write a good story. No scrap that, a story that's actually been thought out. I don't want the guy anywhere near the next major PS3 (and probably 360 too) project - unless it's a certain possible threequel of which I shan't name, because I certainly won't be touching that.

FFXV, if that would be the next major HD console project, should be given to different hands, rather than the 1st Production Department. Naoki Yoshida, the current director of FFXIV that was drafted in to save the MMO, ought to have a new offline Final Fantasy title to work with in my opinion, because he actually seems to know what he's talking about, and has some grand vision. Akihiko Yoshida should be given the opportunity to design characters for the next title, because I'm seriously going through some major Nomura fatigue at the moment.

Yoshi-P has been doing fantastic work with FFXIV. If he had taken the original helm, the game would have launched VERY differently. I'd be all for him making an offline title.

Oh ya and Japanese gaming community dubbed him Yoshi-P, the name has caught on to FFXIV players.

FFXV, if that would be the next major HD console project, should be given to different hands, rather than the 1st Production Department. Naoki Yoshida, the current director of FFXIV that was drafted in to save the MMO, ought to have a new offline Final Fantasy title to work with in my opinion, because he actually seems to know what he's talking about, and has some grand vision. Akihiko Yoshida should be given the opportunity to design characters for the next title, because I'm seriously going through some major Nomura fatigue at the moment.

This. Naoki Yoshida seems to be the kind of fellow that truly understands what the fans like (he's a fan as well). It's time they get new blood to handle their projects. And I'm actually hoping he'd be picked for the big XV. Unless he's all talk and doesn't have the muscles to back it. As for this news, big who cares. Guy didn't direct/write something appealing since the mildly amusing (but rather offensive) X-2. As for XIII-2 (judging by the demo) it has all the things the first one should have had to be remotely passable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back