[12/12] 'A Guided Tour' XIII-2 Gameplay Video And New Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Square Enix released another new gameplay video, A Guided Tour, it’s a montage of field and battle footage. Watch it below.

They also released 6 new screenshots showing Yeul and Beginner’s Primer which includes a recap of events in FFXIII for those who haven’t played it.

6992beginner_US_01.jpg

6991gigantuar_US_XBOX_02.jpg

6993beginner_US_02.jpg

6996paradigm_ending_02_RGB.jpg

6994111212_event_US_01_RGB.jpg

6995111212_event_US_02_RGB.jpg

Source: Final Fantasy Network

Some...odd screens. Especially this:

I can't help but imagine a missing line of text dialogue that should be written near the bottom.

Yeul whatshername: Good work, doggy! You've chewed that man's legs off!

And I love how the dog's...I mean, Caius's sword looks physically bigger than her in every way.

Noel? Yeul ---> Yule? Is there some kind of Christmas theme going on here? :ahmed:

That trailer scared the crap out of me. Engaging? Exciting? Renowned battle system? Testing the player's skill? Strong-willed protagonist? Smash hit?! Pray tell, what version of Final Fantasy XIII did HE play? He's clearly reading this off prompt cards and probably hasn't even seen the footage he's advertising! That is some extreme brainwashing marketing, right there :srsly:

Also, if Caius gets shipped with that loli, I'm not going to be pleased. I'll just bet she's the final boss, though. It's exactly the sort of stupid stunt Square Enix would pull for a "twist" to it. I think I'd sooner read Inheritance than I would read the "story" for FFXIII, as well.

This is all horrifying, on so many levels. I've been annoyed, disgusted and outraged, but I don't think I've ever been actually SCARED before. This is has been wrapped up in a pretty package of lies and false advertising, and served with a smile, and it's damn creepy. It's like the entire industry is just going to sit back and pretend that they've accomplished something here, and they clearly expect the fans to do the same.

I tell you now, I will NOT love this pile of sparkly shit, damn what that Borg in the trailer says. Resistance is not futile. :mokken:

It's looking pretty awesome! :) I've always said that though...

I wasn't sure how the recruited beasts would work, but I'm liking the look of it. :) The powerful attacks are also interesting. :hmmm:

I'm not sure about the lack of enemies on the field. :( I liked not having random battles in XIII... I'm also not sure they've made enough changes to the battle system itself... I still see Auto battle there! :ness:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back