[11/02] Final Fantasy I and II hitting PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
ffi.jpg

Square Enix has announced it’s bringing Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II to PSN beginning this month.

It’ll release Final Fantasy next week, February 16, for €9.99. Final Fantasy II will launch on March 2 for the same price.

Square also confirmed that if you buy Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy and The 3rd Birthday on PSP, you’ll also get a coupon to buy both games at half-price.

Source: VG247

Did they say which version of FFI and FFII they plan to bring out? The ones released on the PSP? The ones that were ported from NES to PS1?

I was thinking about picking up the UMD games, but if I can get it cheaper on PSN, I may do that instead :hmmm:

I'm sure it would be the PSP versions as it would make the most sense. The price certainly looks fairer than the physical releases earlier, so if you haven't got FFI and FFII for the PSP yet and intend to get them, this would be the cheaper method.

Oh, this is looking like a very good thing.

I've never properly played any of the older games, and since I've not got a PSP with a UMD drive, since I thought it would be easier to just have to carry the thing itself around, it will be nice to actually finally play some of the original instalments.

But this isnt really anything when you can find Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II cheap now at the stores. Half price is good but I still think you would find them for 10-20 bucks for the psp. Plus it kinda is wasting your money if some dont intend to buy Dissidia 012 or The 3rd birthday.

This is not another version. It's just a release of the PSP version to PSN.

"But this isn't really anything"
Really? This is everything to anyone with a PSP GO who wants to play the first two games. Like me. And I already plan on getting The 3rd Birthday, so getting one half price is just a bonus.

This is awesome. bunch of negative jerks. You'd complain about a free lunch program. :jtc:

That's a nice little idea. I've already got a copy of FFI on PSP (Ace, btw) so I think I'll get that half price voucher and nab me a FFII download. I've got it on my Ipod Touch, but due to its shit battery life when gaming, it isn't the most sensible gaming device, so I wasn't able to get the most out of it :gonk:.

Also, any word if this'll be avaliable to play on the Ps3? I can't see it happening if it's the PSP version, but hey, I've been suprised before.

Do people who've already played the game really need it on PSN? o__o I mean how many releases are we gonna get? I could buy the game cartridge at gamestop for the Gameboy Advance for under 5 USD or on my cell for cheap. Are they adding new dungeons to the games with these releases or something? I don't think this is needed...That poor cow's udders must be a hurtin by now.

It's easy enough to put together, the options there, so what's the harm in doing it? I'd understand if it was a project that'd take a while to put together, but as pointed earlier, it'll be beneficial for PSPGo users (Shockingly enough, they exist /sarcasm) and it presents another opportunity for a new generation of FF fans to play the game that started it all. No harm done, and minimum effort for both SE and the public.

So they are going to be the PSP remakes, right?

I guess it'll be even longer for the our release then? Dang :(

lionheartcs- there really isn't that much savings involved, in us dollars its just over $60 for the two games you have to buy than another $16 to save $16... so it only makes sense if you are going to buy all 4 games.

On PSN, it's actually just under $60, assuming both games are $29.99. I'm assuming they're going to be $39.99, but that's besides the point.

I thought perhaps the vouchers would be offered separately. There was no indication that you HAD to buy both in order to get one voucher for the two games. That wouldn't make sense. What WOULD make sense is that after you buy one of the games, they offer you a voucher to buy Final Fantasy I OR II for half price. Else how would they keep track of the fact that you bought both games? And at the same time?

In any case, I'm not seeing the problem here. Both $5 and $10 are fair prices for Final Fantasy I, and the same goes for II. And I don't understand why anyone would complain, Square Enix doesn't HAVE to do this. I've been waiting for these to hit PSN, and I can't quite grasp why everyone feels butthurt about it. If you don't want them, don't buy them, and stfu.

I might even get all four, you never know. Square Enix fans are the only ones I know that are damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they never released these, you'd complain that you never got to play them. But when they try to release them on every platform, so that everyone can play them, you bitch and moan that they're milking the franchise. Frankly, shut the fuck up. There's no issue here. If this doesn't apply to you, don't comment. This is great for both SE and fans. (Also, I'm not directing this at you, Rydrum2112, but at every fan and everyone who's complaining. The first two paragraphs were directed at you.)

This is great news to me. I was going to buy these both for the PSP, but if they're going to be cheaper on PSN, then I might as well do that instead. I'll probably get Dissidia 012 and get one of the two games half price. Not sure if I'll get The 3rd Birthday, though.

about damn time if u ask me. finally got enough $ to splurge on ff7 for the PSxNet. now i got another reason not to buy shit untill these games hit the network!!!!

I will admit that its kind of nice that they are releasing these for the psn...however I've played some of both of these games and they just aren't my favorite Final Fantasies so I don't plan on buying them personally. I don't know if they think there's a really high demand for these from the die hard fans...or if they are just releasing these for nostalgic purposes or what...but no thanks. When they do release these they better do some half-way competitive pricing on them because I paid 10 bucks for VII and I consider that one of the more popular worthwhile Final Fantasy releases that is on the PSN and you get a boatload of game for a cheap price. I don't think the originals are that long so I don't feel the standard 10 dollars is as appropriate for these...especially when they are releasing versions for the cell phones for like 7 or 8 dollars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back