[05/07/12] Motomu Toriyama Drops hints at FFXIII-3 and status on FFX HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish they'd stop dragging this stuff on. I really rather Square tried their hand at sequels to other, better, FF games or actually come up with some new, creative games.

Oh well.

If XIII-3 is happening, I do hope they move on in the storyline. Focus on another plot point within the universe/current characters. A direct continuation might provide closure, but it would be a dragged out game a la my beef with the Kingdom Hearts series. FF games are known to be complete stories, and i think XIII-2 should be left as such.

FFX HD, I can wait. I'll buy it day 1.

Oh god.... Final Fantasy XIII-3?

This is an epidemic of mediocrity that spreads like herpes. PLEASE BOYCOTT ALL FUTURE SQUARE RELEASES.

Rent the game, buy it used, but please DO NOT BUY NEW RELEASES.

UNITE!

I summon all true Final Fantasy fans.

An army of progression against the permeation of mediocrity and conformity.

This is an epidemic of mediocrity that spreads like herpes. PLEASE BOYCOTT ALL FUTURE SQUARE RELEASES.

UNITE!

I wont bother to play the game altough i heard that the games (XIII and XIII-2) get better later but my interest dies in the first 10 hours so im joining the Boycott.

SE could die as i havent cared about them in this Gen.

UNITE!

Really....this is exactly what I dislike about the modern FF fan. First off asking people to do something to unite and follow you against conformity is contradictory. Secondly, saying that those who like Final Fantasy XIII arent "true" Final Fantasy fans is completely ridiculous.

Stop_sign_MUTCD.svg

The above replies can result in a flaming session. If you have to, please do it in a civilised manner. Thank you very much.

It is most likely they will make another FFXIII game because it can still be milked. I'm sure they would do it with another game if they were sure it would work. However, I will hope that if another does come out, they will change some of the elements of the game. Mostly hoping they will decide to finally make a world map. With their graphics, the world would be quite beautiful and fun to explore.

Its one of the reasons why I enjoyed FFXII so much. I loved every piece of the towns and the worldmap! ;3

I doubt they would use a world map. Supposedly they are using that in FF Versus, which Im thinking will be more like FFXII or something anyways. I definitely could be wrong though. But I agree with you, exploring FFXII's world was great.

Im thinking it will be more of an evolution of the FFXIII battle system, probably slightly upgraded graphics, and a more stable frame rate, or I would hope so at least. The battle system in the Lightning DLC wasnt really any different than what was already in the game before. In that regard, they should change it up, I mean, even FFX-2's battle system was different than FFX (even though I do think FFXIII's Battle System is fairly decent)

FFXIII-3 won't happen cause I could have sworn that mr Toriyama himself stated that after Type-0 is doneVersus would be next. Now he never lies!

When is Type-0 going to be localised btw!
Toriyama is the dumbest guy ever with his lame statements and false promises!
I am desperate for them to release that bloody game here in the UK. They should know their PSP titles are selling well in the US and UK and where ever....FF sells...Period. So I would my English copy of the game in which actually looks like a traditional FF title.

Alot of ppl are starting to believe ffv13 is vaporware. Which i doubt se would do. Either way ff 13 seriss needs to end theres just nobeal world. Its too abstract. Like i say, the entore series is an acid trip

I doubt they would use a world map. Supposedly they are using that in FF Versus, which Im thinking will be more like FFXII or something anyways. I definitely could be wrong though. But I agree with you, exploring FFXII's world was great.

Yea, they probably wouldn't want to just because it would take them a while to create. They can just continue the lazy way with what they have and know it would sell still. And from what I've seen, Versus does look like it has some form of a world map. I haven't seen a lot of it—probably because there aren't many screenshots released yet—but it looked like FXII's kind of world map, or maybe it would be better to describe it as something like Skyrim? :hmm:

No No No No No No No No NO

Release Final Fantasy Versus first.
Then translate Type O and release it to non Eastern Shores
Then give us Final Fantasy X HD

THEN do whatever you want with the Final Fantasy XIII Series.

Don't promise us things and then put newer projects first pushing the older promises futher and futher away. This is why so many fans are not happy with you at the moment Square- Enix.
:ffs:

You believe that making a FFVII remake could destory your company but how your treating some fans are putting the bullet in the gun anyways.

No No No No No No No No NO

Release Final Fantasy Versus first.
Then translate Type O and release it to non Eastern Shores
Then give us Final Fantasy X HD

THEN do whatever you want with the Final Fantasy XIII Series.

Don't promise us things and then put newer projects first pushing the older promises futher and futher away. This is why so many fans are not happy with you at the moment Square- Enix.
:ffs:

You believe that making a FFVII remake could destory your company but how your treating some fans are putting the bullet in the gun anyways.

"In space, no one can hear you scream."

That's what it seems to be like with Square Enix releasing statements about things that fans don't like. The fans are the ones screaming. It doesn't seem like SE likes to pay attention to the fan community on the web, even though they claim to.

Im thinking it will be more of an evolution of the FFXIII battle system, probably slightly upgraded graphics, and a more stable frame rate

I won't respond to your previous statement, in hopes that we can keep this civilized.

However.

Upgraded graphics? Stable Framerate?

You are asking for a developer to somehow push a console that has been pushed far beyond its limits to find a way to upgrade graphics while improving framerate?

This generation of consoles has no resources left from which to push better graphics or stable framerates, period.

Miserable 265MB (PS3) of GDDR3 dedicated video memory can only be exploited to a certain degree, and that's not the only problem.

Current generation Nvidia and Radeon video cards have 2GB-4GB of memory, more memory= More pretty textures effects on your screen without stuttering.

"Motomu Toriyama Drops hints at FFXIII-3"

This is one of the most depressing sentences I have ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back