[03/11] Final Fantasy XIII-2 box art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's nice to see that someone in that godforsaken company still has a brain cell left, and has realised that the minimalistic, traditional approach is considerably better. Who would have thought, a GOOD decision coming from Square Enix. What next, I wonder? A proper video game, perhaps? :gasp:

It might only be a minor aesthetic thing, and I'm still not even remotely inclined to buy it, but I think XIII-2 has enough flaws stacked up against it, without adding to that by having a crappy CGI cover.

It disturbs me that they can make Caius looks so ridiculously girly, though. But what disturbs me even more is that Lightning actually looks more like a woman than she does a man in that style. That shows some real talent, because Lightning is about as far away from feminine as it is possible to be; she makes the men of Dragonball Z look delicate by comparison. I am moderately impressed by all this genderbending...

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I actually dislike the EU Amano cover. In my opinion this is probably the ugliest logo in FF history. It's completely unbalanced, and something about it just seems rough and unappealing.

Yeah perhaps the logo is too large..It would do much better when its a bit smaller imo..lol even though its a wonderful EU cover.. way to go SE (y)

she makes the men of Dragonball Z look delicate by comparison. I am moderately impressed by all this genderbending...

My god, are we defending helms deep? Because it sure seems like a troll is approaching. This is utter ridiculousness

It might only be a minor aesthetic thing, and I'm still not even remotely inclined to buy it, but I think XIII-2 has enough flaws stacked up against it, without adding to that by having a crappy CGI cover.

We know, you've only said it in every post you've ever done.

By the way, new limited edition was announced

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?post_key=215569&photo_key=205924

4 disc soundtrack, art book and cover design from Amano. only $20 more. Pretty damn good deal considering importing a soundtrack would be significantly more expensive.

I really wanna get the limited edition, but the preorder from best buy on that one doesn't include the novella apparently :/
If anyone cares to shine light on this please let me know.

Again, Lightning shows-off her appeal, even though she's not the protagonist in this, so that's a bit peeving. Still, as long as I don't look at the box while i'm playing, then my expeirence should be delightful, even if Lightning makes another stupid appearance.

It sorta makes sense that Lightning is on the cover, because even though she may not be the character you play as the most, the story does seem to revolve around here.

I can't help but notice the recurring label of "butch" or "masculine" given to Lightning. She is certainly not the first "masculine" female character in the series. Indeed she is way more feminine than, say, Faris from FFV or Paine from FFX-2. I actually think Lightning is extremely beautiful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back