Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ohri Jin
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
Tame Super Boss Omega And Make The Robot A Teammate In Final Fantasy XIII-2

By Spencer . October 3, 2011 . 12:36am

Omega, a laser shooting super boss from past Final Fantasy games, will return for Final Fantasy XIII-2… as a party member. But, first you have to defeat him.

Actually, before that you have to get the Omega downloadable content pack from either Xbox Live or the PlayStation Store. Square Enix will release Omega as DLC after Final Fantasy XIII-2 launches in Japan on December 15.

Noel and Serah will also get an additional costume also through downloadable content. Square Enix did not release pictures or details about the extra outfit. Pricing and release date information will be shared at a later date.

In the announcement, Square Enix specifies this content is only announced for the Japanese market. While Square Enix confirmed downloadable content for North America and Europe, Famitsu says for this specific content whether or not it will be released in other regions is undecided.

Read more stories about Final Fantasy XIII-2 & PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 on Siliconera.

Source - http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/0...robot-a-party-member-in-final-fantasy-xiii-2/

Final Fantasy XIII-2 downloadable content announced Boss battles and costumes offered.
10.03.11 / 6:30 / Sal Romano

FF132-DLC-Announce-400x224.jpg

Previous Final Fantasy XIII-2 downloadable content updates have concerned only pre-order bonuses. A new update today reveals three pieces of downloadable content to be available for purchase on December 15, the day Final Fantasy XIII-2 releases in Japan.
The following items, which represent only the first set of planned downloadable content, will be available on day one:

• Omega Boss Battle: a coliseum boss battle. Defeat him and he will join your party.
  • Noel Costume: a new outfit for Noel.
  • a new outfit for Serah.
While the status of this content is still unknown outside of Japan, it seems Amazon is offering the Omega boss battle as a pre-order bonus.

Last edited:
Omega, a laser shooting super boss from past Final Fantasy games, will return for Final Fantasy XIII-2… as a party member. But, first you have to defeat him.

My Reaction: WHAT?

after reading on:
Actually, before that you have to get the Omega downloadable content pack from either Xbox Live or the PlayStation Store. Square Enix will release Omega as DLC after Final Fantasy XIII-2 launches in Japan on December 15.

My Reaction. :ffs: You fucking fail squeenix. I never buy DLC. Mainly because i'm flat broke.

another could have been good Idea slaughtered by the thirst for money.

Oh well I bet the posts below me will bash the idea of this DLC :P

Fair enough, Omega Weapon should have been in the game without having to download it. But I decided to be positive and say that at least, omega weapon is actually playable in this game.

Well I guess since every game now has to have DL content I guess Omega was going be pretty obvious as a DL content. I wonder what other monsters will end up being DL content... Summons? Thornberry? Cactuar?

I know this aint the end for DL content on this game.... :rage:

Well I guess since every game now has to have DL content I guess Omega was going be pretty obvious as a DL content. I wonder what other monsters will end up being DL content... Summons? Thornberry? Cactuar?

I know this aint the end for DL content on this game.... :rage:

Cactuar is already confirmed to be in the game itself, as a rare recruitable monster, without having to download it. Tonberry was also a monster in XIII, so I doubt it will be a DLC, but it's probably present in the base game like cactuar too.

Chocobo and Cait Sith are also present in the base game as recruitable btw. :)

Yeah, it was pretty obvious they would put some monsters on DLC, let alone super bosses. I quite like this idea, but did it really have to be DLC? I am not complaining, but Omega should have just been in the final copy. I hope he is really hard to defeat, but nothing is impossible. Costumes? This was already confirmed awhile back. I just want to see what they look like. :hmmm:

Well, additional costumes are a complete waste of money; these kind of pathetic aesthetic changes that offer absolutely nothing whatsoever to the game are just what I would expect of Square Enix. Crappity crap crap.

But, that said...the idea of optional boss battles, especially if they're superbosses, is an appealing one. It'd be better if they were already in the game, because XIII-2 is probably going to be piss-easy (after all, the original was, save for some ridiculously frustrating battles that were the gaming equivalent of being spat in the face) but I guess it's better to have them included in some form than not have them included at all...provided they're affordable, that is. I'll reserve my full-blown negativity on this aspect until I see a) the price, and b) what else they're offering. So, I'll say I'm very cautiously curious.

What they should really do (and might do, perhaps) is have it available as a pre-order from certain vendors AND release it as cheap DLC on the store for those who pre-order elsewhere, or don't pre-order at all. It is definetely unfair if you can only get something from pre-ordering from someone specific.

I allready knew about the costumes but as for Omega thats probably the only good monster I would want to use in my party and it just has to be DLC of course, everything thats good is always in the DLC and its never the free one. Not that im complaining about it, but stuff that should be in the game shouldnt be on DLC e.e Anyway I do wonder what Omega will look like then, wonder If he will be big like he is on the other games.

This has me torn on where to preorder from.
I wanna be able to battle Omega and have it in my party, (I wonder if it's stronger than those damn giant turtles on Pulse)
But I'd also like the alternate costume for Serah (assuming it doesn't look as stupid as the one she is already wearing).
But than on the other hand I'd really like the -episode I- hard cover book from the best buy pre order.

So many decisions to make, and I'm torn!
If I preorder from all Locations, but return the items do you think I can use the dlc codes and then return them ahaha. If that's the case then I would do that and then just keep the book. :)

I'm still really curious what incentives there are for people with cleared FFXIII data, maybe some DLC, or something.

Hoping for either more alternative outfits, and CP bonuses or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back