[03/06] FFXIII-2 20 Seconds Long Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Episode I it is stated that Sazh went off to be a pilot and brought his son along with him to evacuate the rest of the people on Cocoon. It does take place on pulse after a bit of civilization. Here is the official synopsis.

"Set a few years after Lightning and the others saved Cocoon, some survivors have decided to start over by rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning, however, is nowhere to be found and thought dead by many, but Serah believes otherwise. When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters, a mysterious man named Noel appears to save her. Together, the two set off to find Lightning..." —Official Synopsis.

Ah so Noel uses multiple weapons?

• Noel - A mysterious man who saves Serah from monsters. He accompanies Serah on her quest to find her sister. He uses multiple weapons ranging from a sword, two katanas, a bow, and a dagger.
Serah using a sword. I suppose that is a bit.. laughable :lew:

• Serah Farron - Serah wishes to find her lost sister and sets out to search for her. Her weapon is a sword.

In Episode I it is stated that Sazh went off to be a pilot and brought his son along with him to evacuate the rest of the people on Cocoon. It does take place on pulse after a bit of civilization.

So I expect him to be back, or are they still evacuating people from Cocoon since its set after a few years?

I'm sure SE did say "some characters will be making a comeback in slightly unusual forms" :hmmm:

So since it's either Sazh,Me Hero or the pussy (Hope),
since Vanille and Fang are crystalized.

I expect it to be Sazh and Mr.Hero, Hope and Dajh can fuck off back to school.

Serah using a sword. I suppose that is a bit.. laughable :lew:
Totally agree , still beter than Vanille's fishing rod.

Well the thing is, if you read episode I you will know that Sazh said goodbye to the party and like I said before, he went to evacuate the people of Cocoon. He will probably be back at some point in the game. Since he sort of left the party, it is not really probable. At most, I can say he will not be in the beginning. Probably when they eventually progress the story. Yeah, Square Enix said old characters would be returning in important forms. So far we have Serah, Lightning and Team Nora as the old characters. I think it is going to be rescuing Lightning at first, then the story will eventually focus on saving Vanille and Fang.

Well the thing is, if you read episode I you will know that Sazh said goodbye to the party and like I said before, he went to evacuate the people of Cocoon. He will probably be back at some point in the game. Since he sort of left the party, it is not really probable. At most, I can say he will not be in the beginning. Probably when they eventually progress the story. Yeah, Square Enix said old characters would be returning in important forms. So far we have Serah, Lightning and Team Nora as the old characters. I think it is going to be rescuing Lightning at first, then the story will eventually focus on saving Vanille and Fang.

This is hinting for the 'airship appearance late in the game'. Assuming Sazh comes in late in the game, he can simply serve as an NPC that aids world travel. Kind of like Cid and Brother in FFX. Just guessing though.

I doubt there will be a world map. Travel will probably be similar to that of FFX.

Well we all know Snow is going be there unless they say something happened in between XIII and XIII-2.
Sazh might be there, depending on what hes doing now.
Hope... might be there as well... being the new "Mr.Hero" or the "Mr. Hero in training" for Nora....
But I just wonder what there going do with the story really..

I just rewatched the trailer a few times.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt that massive arm trying to grab Serah, Titan?

I think the plot may be similar to XIII about some evil fal cie, only rescuing Fang and Vanillie in the process.....after all all FF's have the "lets go out and save the world" theme. :awesome:

If Titan will appear as a boss, compulsory or optional, I will be a happy bunny (as silly as fighting something that size would look) whose to say how he'll react to a bunch of noobs on his turf mind.

I'm glad that things are pointing towards an open map, and I'd welcome that. And you guys have made me realise, none of the original party members have appear apart from Lightning. Still not sure what to make of that, narrative wise. I guess you guys could be onto something about Sazh not appearing to end-game (along with an airship, hopefully :awesome:) or if it simply means Sazh, Hope and Snow won't be as dominate in the plot as the new characters. :hmmm:

I have a feeling that we're looking at a rather short game here, unless the amount of content cut from FFXIII wasn't exaggerated by the team. As FFXIII's development was bogged down by disagreements and a lack of shared vision, here I am expecting an improved product, though as this is still a direct sequel to a game I thought was sub-par and not a main game on its own, I'm walking in with low expectations. Who knows, I may even be pleasantly surprised. The main issue I have with direct sequels is the fact that locations you are already familiar with are revisited, hence little to no exploration value. For this one, they've an opportunity to show new areas of Pulse as long as we're not revisiting Cocoon again somehow.

I know the rest of the internet is hyped up about the possibility of towns in this game, but they're more likely small hubs dotted around, reflecting the fact that in a few years they're unlikely to create anything massively advanced and impressive yet in terms of settlements. It's certainly better than nothing, but I've been too spoilt by the Bhujerbas and the Archades of FFXII. :olivia:

Although...it'd be nice if Cid Raines was in it. Or Jihl made a surprise reappearance. Characters that promised to be interesting, but had their potential cut short by idiocy.

Oh yes, let's bring back Raines a couple more times only to abruptly kill him off subsequently on those two occasions. While we're there, let's bring back Barthandelus so he can disguise himself as Serah again and attack Snow in his bed! :yay:

It raises a point though, if Raines is to stay dead, who will be our Cid for this game, or are they going pull a FFXII and sneak in an unofficial Cid in there somewhere like Al-Cid?

Liv Liv said:
I have a feeling that we're looking at a rather short game here, unless the amount of content cut from FFXIII wasn't exaggerated by the team.
Given that FFXIII was about thirty hours of running to-and-from places to watch poorly-scripted cutscenes that made little-to-no-sense, and the average length of playtime for a game these days is about eight hours, I'd say we're looking at a very short game indeed, unless they pad it out with gameplay. Which is unlikely.

Liv Liv said:
As FFXIII's development was bogged down by disagreements and a lack of shared vision
Oh, is that the excuse they're running with? :ahmed:

I know the rest of the internet is hyped up about the possibility of towns in this game, but they're more likely small hubs dotted around, reflecting the fact that in a few years they're unlikely to create anything massively advanced and impressive yet in terms of settlements. It's certainly better than nothing, but I've been too spoilt by the Bhujerbas and the Archades of FFXII. :olivia:
It took them four years to make a game with no towns, the odds of them taking less than a year to make a game with towns that is a direct sequel to said game...what is going on with the internet these days?! :gasp:

Oh yes, let's bring back Raines a couple more times only to abruptly kill him off subsequently on those two occasions. While we're there, let's bring back Barthandelus so he can disguise himself as Serah again and attack Snow in his bed! :yay:
...you're an absolute goldmine for ideas, you know that? Thanks to that, I just found a way to sneak The Golden Rule into my script...

Raines becoming like Seymour would be awesome, though. You know, make him a proper villain. Not just a pretty boy who happens to be around because Barthandelus couldn't be bothered to appear on-screen at times, because he's an ugly old fart who can turn into a giant LEGO moai statue monster.

Provided his appearances were longer than forty seconds...and he didn't marry Lightning. Oh, and if they actually gave him some kind of proper backstory and...oh, forget it, it was a stupid idea :wacky:

I just can't see what they could possibly add to this, though...the game was pretty conclusive. Well, it was about as conclusive as a Studio Ghibli movie, but then, it made about as much sense, so I suppose how conclusive it was depends on if you can actually see an identifiable sequence of events, which is like trying to spot Wally, only when Wally isn't actually in the picture you're looking at.

When they say they cut content, they're probably just saying that so that people will actually buy the game, give the hodgepodge train-wreck of a storyline and piss-poor gameplay a second chance, with Lightning's jailbait little sister as a playable character, whilst she's buggered off to Valhalla or something...

I suppose there is the argument that I'm jumping to conclusions, given its a 20 second trailer. Maybe I am. But early-day trailers like to tease viewers with the best the game has to offer, and given that its shown us absolutely nothing new...

Oh, is that the excuse they're running with? :ahmed:

That's one of their excuses. Digging out Wada's Handbook of Excuses, I can see that they also blamed the extremely high expectations on people having a western point of view. There's also the one where they are discussing the Crystal Tools engine and the challenges of making an HD game - oh, and how making towns would be so difficult to do for whatever reason. I won't be surprised if the 360 was blamed as well. :awesome:

Which means they should have no excuses this time, just so long as we play our part as well and have low expectations when going in. :busta:

Comrade Martelovski said:
It took them four years to make a game with no towns, the odds of them taking less than a year to make a game with towns that is a direct sequel to said game...what is going on with the internet these days?! :gasp:

*coughcoughfiveyearsandpossiblyabitmorecountingthescrappedps2stuffcough*

Yeah, many posters on the internet are coming up with unrealistic expectations such as the complete overhaul of the battle system, huge, expansive open areas, many towns and even from one place I've seen requested, a flyable airship and a world map. I have to refrain myself from yelling at them that is just a direct sequel and that they've only a couple of years this time round (providing they don't do the classic trick of delaying).

Looking at the teaser, I've the inkling feeling that the average town could be something like that place in the Giza Plains (FFXII). :wacky:

Marty said:
with Lightning's jailbait little sister as a playable character, whilst she's buggered off to Valhalla or something...

Until it's revealed that Barthandelus is alive and has been disguising himself as Serah all along while the real Serah had already died. The Pope himself just enjoys dressing up as loli bait in secret. This therefore means Barthandelus is the main character. Sorry, I'm going off on a tangent about my own crappy fanfic parody now.
:britt:

Until it's revealed that Barthandelus is alive and has been disguising himself as Serah all along while the real Serah had already died. The Pope himself just enjoys dressing up as loli bait in secret. This therefore means Barthandelus is the main character. Sorry, I'm going off on a tangent about my own crappy fanfic parody now.
:britt:

Have I ever told you i love you?

that sound slike something SE would do. to try a create some Crappy Plotwist that we all saw coming from a mile away.

and to top it all of It will happen while He/She rides the snow pole. :britt:

Nothing really revealed at all. Is this supposed to excite people? I felt more "meh" then anything. Give us some story line, and stuff.

its been 5 months since the first trailer came out, and i feel like the first one revealed more than this one. REALLY disappointed. I didn't get much Lightning in this new clip :/
hopefully the e3 event leaves us with some new stuff that isn't generic and pointless.

Do not know why all of you are so disappointed. This is merely just a teaser trailer for the real one coming at E3 which starts June 7th. Of course the real trailer is going to reveal much more. All of you should just be patient. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back